Bulking on GLP1 agonists

MingDao

I've seen multiple posts on bulking with GLP1 agonists, which on paper makes a lot of sense due to nutrient partitioning and better insulin sensitivty. I understand that for high responders bulking on these may be very hard, but I only have mild appetite supression and no nausea from either Sema or Tirz. Fairly confident I can be in a caloric surplus, especially with liquid carbs and extra fat.
Would be very interested in bulking experiences on AAS and GLP1. Did it meaningfully change the ratio of fat v muscle gain?

no for fuck sake don't start at 1mg

This.

I can't imagine how terrible that would feel.

It's written online, I'm not making those up. Glycemic control on semaglutide is ineffective below 1mg. At least for diabetic ppl.

Same for Tirz below 5mg.

I believe you, but I was hoping you could recall the source. I'll do some digging on my own.

Bulking is a tough proposition

Again, I think the point of this thread is that the approach described could be useful for some. I don't know if I have terrible genetics are just a fucked up metabolism from being in a deficit for most of two decades, but it doesn't take many calories for me to grow, which is why I'm experimenting with this approach.

For folks that's struggle, it's probably not a good idea and there are other options to preserve insulin sensitivity.

This.

I can't imagine how terrible that would feel.

I believe you, but I was hoping you could recall the source. I'll do some digging on my own.

Again, I think the point of this thread is that the approach described could be useful for some. I don't know if I have terrible genetics are just a fucked up metabolism from being in a deficit for most of two decades, but it doesn't take many calories for me to grow, which is why I'm experimenting with this approach.

For folks that's struggle, it's probably not a good idea and there are other options to preserve insulin sensitivity.
I'll find it for you when I have a minute, bit busy right now

Ok I may have remembered it wrong on the minimum dosage:

• Dosage​

• 0.25 mg SC qWeek for 4 weeks initially; THEN increase to 0.5 mg qWeek
    • If glycemic control not achieved after at least 4 weeks on 0.5-mg dose, can increase to 1 mg qWeek
    • If glycemic control not achieved after at least 4 weeks on 1-mg dose, may increase to 2 mg qWeek; not to exceed 2 mg/week
    • Note: The initial 0.25-mg dose is intended for treatment initiation and is not effective for glycemic control

So yeah 0.5 COULD work for glycemic control. My bad sorry.
No studies however were done on 0.5mg I believe for diabetes patient, as I believe 0.5 is too low for them to bring any significant improvement, tho we are not diabetic (most of us) so maybe 0.5 could work, depends I guess on how much shit you taking between HGH and carbs

Last edited:
Back