Canadian Police Agency Claims $10 Million Steroid Bust But Only Proves Its Math Sucks

Millard

Elite
Staff member
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
The Alberta Law Enforcement Response Team (ALERT), a Canadian police agency, claims it seized anabolic steroids worth $10 million last week in what it is calling the largest illegal steroid seizure in Canadian history.

Does anyone have the name of this UGL yet?

Source: http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/10/...ly-the-largest-illegal-steroid-bust-in-canada

They seized over 350,000 pills, 10,000 vials, and more than three dozen types of unprocessed raw steroid powder and additives.

Let's do the math:

Let's wildly inflate the prices of the steroids and say each pill sold for $5, each vial sold for $500 and let's say they had 10 kilograms of steroid powder valued at $10,000 per kilo

350,000 pills = $1,750,000
10,000 vials = $5,000,000
10 kilograms = $100,000

Those hyperinflated prices still only get you to around $7 million.

Now the if the prices reflected actual black market prices, it would still be substantial but just over $1 million

something is not right, impossible such a big operation, just look at the barrels like they had a few tons of pure raw powder, it cannot be.

The Alberta Law Enforcement Response Team (ALERT), a Canadian police agency, claims it seized anabolic steroids worth $10 million last week in what it is calling the largest illegal steroid seizure in Canadian history.

Does anyone have the name of this UGL yet?

Source: http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/10/...ly-the-largest-illegal-steroid-bust-in-canada

They seized over 350,000 pills, 10,000 vials, and more than three dozen types of unprocessed raw steroid powder and additives.

Let's do the math:

Let's wildly inflate the prices of the steroids and say each pill sold for $5, each vial sold for $500 and let's say they had 10 kilograms of steroid powder valued at $10,000 per kilo

350,000 pills = $1,750,000
10,000 vials = $5,000,000
10 kilograms = $100,000

Those hyperinflated prices still only get you to around $7 million.

Now the if the prices reflected actual black market prices, it would still be substantial but just over $1 million

It is not a mathematical problem, they know well the real cost of market products, but it is a political problem. The LE have to justify the money they spend and for this reason they increase the value (of aas in this case) to convince people that their tax money are well spent.

Upon watching the video again, I have to admit I seriously underestimated the amount of steroid powder seized. If you look at 1:04 you will see at least 50 barrels of what is presumably steroid powder. If all of them contain powder, that is more than 10 kg and probably more like 50-100 kg! That's a lot of powder!

"...this was one of the most prominent steroid manufacturers in the province, allegedly producing two different “brands” of steroids: USP (Underground Steroid Pharmaceuticals) — a lower-grade option, and Ikonic."

http://globalnews.ca/news/1593423/alert-makes-record-breaking-10m-illegal-steroid-seizure/

And wow, article says the max sentence they could face for this is three years. Seems like it would be longer considering simple possession without intent to distribute could = atleast some jail time.

And wow, article says the max sentence they could face for this is three years. Seems like it would be longer considering simple possession without intent to distribute could = atleast some jail time.

Possessing and using AAS in Canada is legal, so you wouldn't expect to see jail time for possession without intent to distribute.

Canadian reporters must love Breaking Bad! It seems like they make reference to it with every major steroid bust!

October 3, 2014 in Edmonton:

Police busted a Breaking Bad-style steroid manufacturing lab in northeast Edmonton last week, putting a major dent in the illegal steroids industry in Alberta.

Source: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Edmonton illegal steroids police they trumpet million bust with video/10256018/story.html

Back on March 22, 2014 in Ontario:

Upper Wellington Street looked like a scene out of Breaking Bad Friday, as police prepared to search and dismantle an illegal steroid lab.

Source: http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4425316-mountain-steroid-lab-busted/

It is not a mathematical problem, they know well the real cost of market products, but it is a political problem. The LE have to justify the money they spend and for this reason they increase the value (of aas in this case) to convince people that their tax money are well spent.
The policeman does that with everything in life. They are lying motherfuckers. Good cop is a dead cop. Now I'm not threatening any ones life, just giving my opinion.

The policeman does that with everything in life. They are lying motherfuckers. Good cop is a dead cop. Now I'm not threatening any ones life, just giving my opinion.

I know a lot of cops from people I know in my previous line of work.

Some are religious and think they are doing gods work. They'll put a kid in jail for carrying a little weed.

Some are former military looking for a decent paycheck with the possibility of early retirement. Many have kids and need steady income and like that it's not as bad as the military.

Some were bullied or bullies / insecure men ( and women ) who became cops to get revenge. I'll group the angry in, the closet, sociopaths or psychopaths together in this paragraph.

Some are stupid as hell, little high school, street smart but just were not going to amount to much.

The whole police topic is just a small fuck up of this bigger cluster fuck that this world and government is.

My
I know a lot of cops from people I know in my previous line of work.

Some are religious and think they are doing gods work. They'll put a kid in jail for carrying a little weed.

Some are former military looking for a decent paycheck with the possibility of early retirement. Many have kids and need steady income and like that it's not as bad as the military.

Some were bullied or bullies / insecure men ( and women ) who became cops to get revenge. I'll group the angry in, the closet, sociopaths or psychopaths together in this paragraph.

Some are stupid as hell, little high school, street smart but just were not going to amount to much.

The whole police topic is just a small fuck up of this bigger cluster fuck that this world and government is.
My theory is its payback time for all those years of abuse on the play ground.

My latest experience with the pig cost me close to 30 g's. Fucket got caught in a lie to the prosecuting attorney. That didn't pay my legal expenses and loss of income.

Dirty cop is
good only for the one who got him dirty. One step down from a baby raper imo.

Never had a favorable experience with a cop, scratch that. My great-grandfather was a Lt. and was retired when I was young, he was a saint (could have been as dirty as they come, idk). His son (my grandfather) was a Detective, but he died if cirrhosis when I was very young, but couldn't have been that ethical if he was drunk all the time. Don't even get me started on one of Broward's finest detectives I had to deal with the other day, couldn't find his way out of a wet paper bag. If you really want to get angry with regards to l.e. read the first chapter of "Reefer madness". As for Canada my personal experiences have tainted me, every year i'm fairly sure every resident of Quebec relocates to S. Florida, and I don't have one positive thing to say, well maybe they only look like they have Mild down-syndrome. I'll admit the beer was awesome when I drank, and there are parts of Canada that are absolutely beautiful, that walker guy from here seems nice as well. But my experience with them makes me seriously doubt their college system considering that have the highest % of college grads in the world. My rant is done.
Atodd

My rant is over as well. I want to thank admin for opportunity to vent.

Who are the good guys, the cops or the robbers?