Chicken breast recipe help.

Skip the rice, rice is crap.

I grew up on rice my Mom would cook with beef bouillon cubes, salt & pepper, and butter. Serve with a scoop of sour cream.

Kinda defeats the purpose of rice in a bodybuilder's diet (low fat high carb) but man was it good.

Could probably recreate with bone broth, S&P, and some fat-free or low fat sour cream.

Little late to this but had to drop a few of my recipes since I love cooking but don’t particularly love chicken lol.
As far as oven baked or air fried either are better than boiling imo, oven it’s easier to churn out 8 breasts at a time but I do think air frying tastes better.
If you’re open to chicken tenders-
Cut up 2 breasts into 3 slices each, hammer them down to 1/2”-1” thick and coat with a light coating of olive or avocado oil. Use 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs and then whatever seasoning you want. Mix the bread crumbs and seasoning and put it on the chicken breasts. If you want you can add some grated parmesan on top of the breasts too. Then air fry at 400 for 20 minutes. Pretty low carb (IIRC 15g per 3 tenders, depending on chicken it’s usually 80-100g protein) and you can add rice or whatever if you want more carbs. Makes a decent wrap too if those are your thing.

Otherwise if you have access to a sous vide (immersion cooker) those things are a godsend for lean meat- chicken especially. You can precook 3-4 breasts, throw them on the skillet right away or keep them in the fridge until you want to cook them. I usually use a sprig of thyme, a slice of lemon, salt and pepper and then sear them up for dinner. Chickens already cooked so all you have to do is get it warm, makes for a nice quick home cooked dinner. Plus sous vide is probably the juiciest most tender chicken I’ve ever made. Super low effort too, just pop them in for like 2-3 hours on a Sunday and then they’re ready to go for the week.

Best healthy tasting breast is put them in a egg skillet with a teaspoon of olive oil. Cook on medium high 4 minutes. Then flip them over and cook another 4 minutes but on the second side cover with a lid a reduced heat a bit to low medium. This makes em tender. They taste good to add to rice and you can add seasoning if you want but it tastes good without.

No. Low and slow, finished with a sear, is always the best.

And no lids either, ew, what are you trying to steam up some lunch meat?

I'm pretty sure universally all food is better cooked slow. I know there are certain meats you cook fast, but you aren't really cooking them fast, they just cook quick, ie liver, fish.

Which also contrasts with the deliciousness that is imparted from the maillard reaction in a sear, where you're basically making caramel.

And fuck rice unless you're trying to dirty bulk. Why not just eat bread, pasta, ice cream instead.

Sponsors

Latest posts