Compounding Pharmacies for Peptides

apiekar

I haven't been able to find an answer so hoping someone here might be able to help.

Going through an online supplier (website vs a QSC type) is obviously MUCH cheaper than going through a doctor-prescribed compounding pharmacy. However, there is obviously an element of risk that one has to take by purchasing through an online supplier.

My question is, do the compounding pharmacies manufacture the peptides in-house? Or do they also have to engage in wholesale peptide suppliers?

Thanks.

No, they most definitely do not make the raw peptides in house.

They’re probably buying from QSC themselves bro.

Crazy. Given the ridiculous markups / margins being earned by compounding pharmacies, I'm surprised there hasn't been significant price reductions in the compounding space.

If I was to hypothetically start a compounding pharmacy, couldn't I charge 30% less than everyone else (still more expensive than UGL), and take everyone else's business?

Or am I not thinking about this right?

I'm just surprised at how massive the discrepancy is between the UGL market and the "legit" market if the raw peptide source is the same.

Crazy. Given the ridiculous markups / margins being earned by compounding pharmacies, I'm surprised there hasn't been significant price reductions in the compounding space.

If I was to hypothetically start a compounding pharmacy, couldn't I charge 30% less than everyone else (still more expensive than UGL), and take everyone else's business?

Or am I not thinking about this right?

I'm just surprised at how massive the discrepancy is between the UGL market and the "legit" market if the raw peptide source is the same.
Ugl don’t pay taxes, they are illegal companies

Ugl don’t pay taxes, they are illegal companies

Right, but if the compounding pharmacies are buying the raw peptides at let's say $10, then reselling them for $300, I would think that some compounding pharmacies would reduce their cost to say... $250. They would still capitalize on massive margins while being the lowest cost compounding pharmacy on the market.

I'm just surprised we haven't seen a "race to the bottom" in the compound pharmacy industry given how low their wholesale costs are and how much they are marking up their product.

Right, but if the compounding pharmacies are buying the raw peptides at let's say $10, then reselling them for $300, I would think that some compounding pharmacies would reduce their cost to say... $250. They would still capitalize on massive margins while being the lowest cost compounding pharmacy on the market.

I'm just surprised we haven't seen a "race to the bottom" in the compound pharmacy industry given how low their wholesale costs are and how much they are marking up their product.
This is because outside of glp’s peptides are a very niche market. Those who use these pharmacies often use the first one they see or only get these peptides after being turned on to them by their TRT doc selling them the world. They don’t know to shop around for them. So these places make the market and charge what they want.

In theory this would be a good business model, but supply and demand is a major factor right now where demand is still sky rocketing, while I'm sure the supply is also increasing but not in the same linear fashion. Is it ridiculous what people pay for GLPs through these compounding pharmacies

In theory this would be a good business model, but supply and demand is a major factor right now where demand is still sky rocketing, while I'm sure the supply is also increasing but not in the same linear fashion. Is it ridiculous what people pay for GLPs through these compounding pharmacies

Insanity. A "regenerative medicine" doctor I found was charging $400 for 15mg Tirz through a compounding pharmacy.

After some research, I was mind blown at how much cheaper it can be found using other sources.

Insanity. A "regenerative medicine" doctor I found was charging $400 for 15mg Tirz through a compounding pharmacy.

After some research, I was mind blown at how much cheaper it can be found using other sources.
Yeah I've thought about starting a business in this space too. Just would need to figure out the regulations first

The margins are insane. Big money to be made in these "clinics" right now

Yeah I've thought about starting a business in this space too. Just would need to figure out the regulations first
I'm sure the regulations are extensive, but if you can find a way to make it work the opportunity is massive. Huge margins. I would invest lol

Yeah the margins are insane. You have to move fast though there's probably a lot of people already moving for market capitalization. It's a solid idea though.

That and the IV hydration market craze that's going on now are both good options. The IV market is also probably less regulated with stupidly high margins. Just need to find a good attorney that's well versed in all the regulations, or maybe do most of the legwork myself

I haven't been able to find an answer so hoping someone here might be able to help.

Going through an online supplier (website vs a QSC type) is obviously MUCH cheaper than going through a doctor-prescribed compounding pharmacy. However, there is obviously an element of risk that one has to take by purchasing through an online supplier.

My question is, do the compounding pharmacies manufacture the peptides in-house? Or do they also have to engage in wholesale peptide suppliers?

Thanks.
I asked my local wellness center who is supplied from a compounding pharmacy if they could produce a COA of the products and they could not. I’ve never seen one and they couldn’t locate any. Im sure we all have the same source