Constant Glucose Monitor (CGM)

rexstudy

If you've been considering a constant glucose monitor but aren't diabetic and don't want to use one of the online rx services - Dexcom just got FDA approval to sell a GCM they're calling Stelo w/o a prescription. Looks like it'll be available around summer.

I've been using Dexcom G7 CGMs for a little over a month now and it's really cool to have the data. Especially as I've been adding in compounds like HGH for the first time and also increasing calorie intake by a bunch.

If you've been considering a constant glucose monitor but aren't diabetic and don't want to use one of the online rx services - Dexcom just got FDA approval to sell a GCM they're calling Stelo w/o a prescription. Looks like it'll be available around summer.

I've been using Dexcom G7 CGMs for a little over a month now and it's really cool to have the data. Especially as I've been adding in compounds like HGH for the first time and also increasing calorie intake by a bunch.
I almost pulled the trigger on Dexcom G7 but it looks too good to be true even with the data available. I am still using traditional glucose monitor. Seems to be working well for you? Would you say it is accurate? Appreciate this post brother -- this has actually been on my mind.

First sensor or two I compared vs the finger pricks and saw the G7 was always reading about 10-20 mg/dL higher. Something about the CGM testing interstitial fluid vs blood. I had been using a third party app supplied by the rx provider. It didn't many options but eventually found I could use the Dexcom G7 app instead and you can add glucose readings to that app to calibrate it. Gets it within a few % from what I've seen.

It's damned expensive though. If budget was tight I wouldn't even consider this thing due to the cost.

Cool random observations: Adding fats into a carb heavy meal greatly reduces spikes. Sugar/candy spikes then crashes super fast - obvious of course but had to play with it. I'm surprised not to see it spike super often. Most of the time I'm in range. A month of 6 IU/day HGH doesn't seem to mess with baseline levels too much. Starting a light bulk increased average by like 20. Few days ago I started 500mg metformin daily and it knocked those 20 points out like it was nothing. Not sure I'll continue the metformin though as I wasn't anywhere near concerning numbers currently.

I'm a data geek. Having this level of detail is fun.

I use a freestyle libre 3 and I have noticed it all over the place with readings. I asked my doc for it, I just said I want to check out my readings since my A1c creeped up to 5.6. Mine reads 20-30 points higher than a finger prick.

These are great, but they’re just one of the many tools we have at our disposal and the data should be taken with a grain of salt at times.

I have a handful of clients that use continuous monitors (none of which are diabetic) and what I find most eye opening is the data they send me after a sugar free drink/soda. The spike mirrors the same spike one would get from a regular fill sugar drink. Pretty crazy.

These are great, but they’re just one of the many tools we have at our disposal and the data should be taken with a grain of salt at times.

I have a handful of clients that use continuous monitors (none of which are diabetic) and what I find most eye opening is the data they send me after a sugar free drink/soda. The spike mirrors the same spike one would get from a regular fill sugar drink. Pretty crazy.
I have read that this can happen, but I've often wondered about the characteristics of the population that experience this with sugar-free beverages.

Do you know if it happens with most people, or only a few? Are these individuals that drink both regular and diet beverages in their current meals? If they only drink diet, did they recently switch or spend most of their lives drinking full-sugar beverages?

I have read that this can happen, but I've often wondered about the characteristics of the population that experience this with sugar-free beverages.

Do you know if it happens with most people, or only a few? Are these individuals that drink both regular and diet beverages in their current meals? If they only drink diet, did they recently switch or spend most of their lives drinking full-sugar beverages?
All good questions but I can only answer for my subset which is 4 people. Of the 4, all experienced a similar spike when consuming sugar free soda specifically. Assuming they’re following the plans I wrote for them, none should be consuming any full sugar beverages at the current time. What they did prior to my coaching, I am unsure of however.