Dexa Results: 50 Years Old: Feel like this can't be accurate?

MadaFacor

I'm 50 years old now and began training consistently in February 2023. I started with GLPs because I was morbidly obese—at 5'7", I was close to 290 lbs. In July 2023, I began TRT with my levels around 170. The combination of weight loss and testosterone has been life-changing. I can't believe how much my life has transformed.

I've been training four to five days a week, about 10 hours weekly, for nearly a year and a half. While I didn’t follow the best advice from many here, I added some peptides and a few other oils at moderate levels before getting into the best shape. Honestly, at 50, I wasn't willing to train for five years before trying to go big. I also made significant improvements to my diet, meal planning, and prepping. Meal prepping 15 out of 21 meals each week at a minimum. The rest of the meals are very well planned, heavy and protein with moderate carbs and limited fat. I've also focused on supplementation and have a pretty thorough supplement regime. I allowed myself at least one cheat day but always made careful and lean choices. For the first time, I focused on high protein and reducing fat intake relative to macros. Although I’ve been a bit lazy about tracking macros outside of protein, I’ve avoided most processed foods and cut back on eating out to just once a week. My fat intake has drastically decreased, though there's still room for improvement. The difference has been night and day.

Since January 2024, I haven't lost more than a pound. Despite the scale not budging, I’ve dropped four pant sizes, so I know I've made progress.

I ran a DEXA scan in January that showed 25% body fat. I was disappointed, given the progress I’d made and how much I’d been lifting. Since then, I’ve done two small cycles and stayed consistent. One cycle was six weeks, and the other was ten, but I stopped after my lipids slightly slipped out of range.

After stopping the cycle, I decided to run another DEXA scan. The results were shocking—I lost 25 lbs of fat and gained 23 lbs of lean muscle.

I’m having trouble believing the results, but on the flip side, the comments I’ve received make it clear that what I’ve been doing is working.

What are your thoughts? Is this possible?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240829_095715_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20240829_095715_Samsung Notes.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 8
That's called recomposition. Very common to newbies and given the added boost from PEDs and glp-1s it's HIGHLY possible

That's called recomposition. Very common to newbies and given the added boost from PEDs and glp-1s it's HIGHLY possible
If I continue to push hard you think it's possible to drop another two three percent body fat and add a few more pounds by end of year? Sticking the TRT at this point as I need my blood work to level out. But still training like banshee.