Dialing in your TRT dosage where are you at?

Eup

Obviously, blood tests are the best way to access dosage for TRT but a lot of gear is not dosed properly thanks to anabolic lab reports helping. So how do you dial in your dosage or what range do you try to stay in? I'm using dragon pharma coming in at 270mg per cc so what range works best for most people? How would you dose your shots? I'm trying to have some consistency if I can..
I can get pharma grade gear probably more consistent but not sure if its worth the trouble.

thanks

Pick an injection frequency first. I do E3D. Some like dailies, EOD, once a week etc..

Once you’ve got that covered start low. I’d probably start at 150mg weekly TOTAL, unless you’re already a known over responder then maybe start lower. Ride that out for 6-8 weeks and see how you feel and pull bloods. Feel fine bloods look good = stay there.
feel fine bloods a little over = drop the dose a touch and reevaluate in another 6-8 weeks. Still experiencing low T symptoms and blood work shows lower values = up the dose and wait 6-8 weeks and repeat.

Shit is so individual. Some guys hop on and their first protocol is magic and they just stay there for ever loving it. Some guys spend years chasing that magic spot that may or may not exist.

I think some of the biggest mistakes someone can make when starting TRT is to:

1. Over estimate what TRT should do and how it should make you feel.
2. Make too many changes at a time
3. Not wait long enough for the changes made to have done anything before making more changes.
4. Over estimate what TRT should do and how it should make you feel

Now if this is purely for holding gains you’ve made that are above what your body can hold with a normal TRT dose, then it’s slightly different but probably about the same.

RIght now for simplicity, I have been doing 1 cc of 250mg a week of Test C. I pin once a week thighs (15.5mg-38mg daily release one week). I did read a post someone stated Sub Q worked well for them as it leveled out T levels evenly during the week. I personally only want to shoot once a week to make it easier I'm open to suggestions?

So you're saying using 200 mg Test E every 4 days steroidplotter.com shows a release of 27-46mg (4days) a day not sure what would be the ideal range daily?
I was playing with the plotter and not sure how to come up with an Ideal daily dosage with the least pinning a week (ideally 1X a week would be good).
Currently have Test C but am willing to change it but not sure how to make it as consistent as possible...

So any idea what would be a good schedule using the steroidplotter to make a consistent.

Also, what is the idea TRT amount should be ideal for daily release?
My goals are to retain what I have even I have been off-cycle for the last 2 years only on TRT also would like to get the libido back. I have tried cabergoline pharma grade not much help.
Any ideas would be great!!!!

thanks in advance...

Last edited:
RIght now for simplicity, I have been doing 1 cc of 250mg a week of Test C. I pin once a week thighs (15.5mg-38mg daily release one week). I did read a post someone stated Sub Q worked well for them as it leveled out T levels evenly during the week. I personally only want to shoot once a week to make it easier I'm open to suggestions?

So you're saying using Test E every 4 days steroidplotter.com shows a release of 30-43mg (3-4days) a day not sure what would be the ideal range daily?
I was playing with the plotter and not sure how to come up with an Ideal daily dosage with the least pinning a week (ideally 1X a week would be good).
Currently have Test C but am willing to change it but not sure how to make it as consistent as possible...

So any idea what would be a good schedule using the steroidplotter to make a consistent.

Also, what is the idea TRT amount should be ideal for daily release?
My goals are to retain what I have even I have been off cycle for the last 2 years only on TRT also would like to get the libido back after a
Any ideas would be great!!!!

thanks in advance...

250mg once a week is more than likely a pretty high dose for TRT. How long have you been at that dose? If 5+ weeks go get bloods done and see where you’re at.

I prefer cyp for TRT but nothing wrong with E. I’d probably do something like .3-.4 ml twice a week or something and pull bloods after. Who knows.

only people I’ve seen use subQ and like it where the guys doing really small volume injections. You’re asking for a big ole knot injecting 1ml subQ.

250mg once a week is more than likely a pretty high dose for TRT. How long have you been at that dose? If 5+ weeks go get bloods done and see where you’re at.

I prefer cyp for TRT but nothing wrong with E. I’d probably do something like .3-.4 ml twice a week or something and pull bloods after. Who knows.

only people I’ve seen use subQ and like it where the guys doing really small volume injections. You’re asking for a big ole knot injecting 1ml subQ.
Based on what you're saying 125mg Test C every 4 days is 28mg to 17mg release daily (seems low but not sure), again what I'm trying to access is what is a good daily release dose?
It seems to depend on schedule the dosage is all over the place.
Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Stop thinking too much.

100mg e5d puts me at 885 with my Dr.

I feel fantastic and my labs has absolutely little to no changes change the past year on TRT. I also have no acne/shedding of hair or any prostate issues.

Some people get a little anxiety if they've never used hormones, if this happens, you can break your dosing schedule to twice a week so for example, Monday/Thursdays seems fine. If you still have issues, you can break the dose even further. EOD or even as extreme as ED (though not suitable longterm for most. Also, alot of factors come into play with your hormone dose such as your SHBG. Generally if it's a little higher a bigger dose would suit you better but if your shbg is on the lower end more frequent injections to bring up your SHBG. Also, food plays a role in this too.

Too many variables that's why it's so independent and no one here can't give you a solid answer other than suggestions.

Best

Last edited:
I have been running 175mg a week for 3 months. Shots Monday and Thursday. Just got my blood work back today and total t is 821. I would like it a bit higher but I feel good. Super motivated and aggressive during my workouts. No acne after the first couple weeks passed and my recovery rate is good so I can't complain. But as they say not everyone reacts the same.

Thanks, guys for the responses..

I wanted to address the issue of the ester people use. While using the steroid calculator test undecorate seems to keep the release more consistent from day to day.
I don't like how the test e. and the test cyp half-life drops so fast in the blood levels spike up and down in a yo-yo effect. I'll explain why I'm being so anal now that I'm over 50, I'm strictly going to TRT but I believe that such rapid fluctuations in the hormone levels will stress your heart, body, and organs over time.
Ultimately I'm looking for a long-term consistent solution. I have been on test cyp. for the last 2 years for TRT and feel very inconsistent in mood and aggression because of the constant fluctuations so I'm trying to approach this with a little bit more of a scientific approach with the medication. Also, I was on androgel for 2-3 years (by itself only) and it was horrible. It release less than 10% for the topical solution of 100mg per day it was not good, felt like crap till I started IM injections. So, I do have some experience running different compounds.

I have been running 175mg a week for 3 months. Shots Monday and Thursday. Just got my blood work back today and total t is 821. I would like it a bit higher but I feel good. Super motivated and aggressive during my workouts. No acne after the first couple weeks passed and my recovery rate is good so I can't complain. But as they say not everyone reacts the same.
I pin Monday and Thursday also. I’m ready to get bloods drawn ASAP because my libido tanked and energy is low. What day do you draw bloods?

I pin Monday and Thursday also. I’m ready to get bloods drawn ASAP because my libido tanked and energy is low. What day do you draw bloods?
This is why I believe ester is important less fluctuation in bloods (Mg release per day and half-life) and normalize your the long term. I don’t feel test e. is the best solution (yes cheapest ). You guys are all younger but will change your opinion when older permanently on TRT (be prepared all you you g guys think you know it all lol) . I can feel T level more older you are on a daily basis st least I do. So, to my point you want to pin 2 times a week forever or just once with a better ester and more slow consistent release? Also, bloods will be consistent at all times I think on undeconate ester so labs can almost done at any time. Thoughts ?

Did you go Tuesday morning? Or does the day not matter when getting bloodwork drawn for trt
Go to a steroid calculator and it will tell you the daily release. Steroid plotter works good for this. You will see how it yo-yos fast with the half life. To get an idea of when you think you should take it.

This is why I believe ester is important less fluctuation in bloods (Mg release per day and half-life) and normalize your the long term. I don’t feel test e. is the best solution (yes cheapest ). You guys are all younger but will change your opinion when older permanently on TRT (be prepared all you you g guys think you know it all lol) . I can feel T level more older you are on a daily basis st least I do. So, to my point you want to pin 2 times a week forever or just once with a better ester and more slow consistent release? Also, bloods will be consistent at all times I think on undeconate ester so labs can almost done at any time. Thoughts ?
I went from 200 MG of test C every 2 weeks, to Test U 600 mg every week. No more acne.

Also, research says, the longer acting esters produce more muscle.

And... research shows.. Test U raises your Hematocrit less than the shorter Esters.

Seems like a clear choice to me. A lot of people who don't like Test U are in sports where they have to be tested, and want it out of their system quickly, or have other reasons they want it out of their system on short notice.

Did you go Tuesday morning? Or does the day not matter when getting bloodwork drawn for trt
The doctor wanted 4 to 5 days after. I went 6 to try and cheat the results a bit to get a higher dose. He wants me to be around 800 so my plan failed but se la vie. I still feel good and have had quality gains.

I tried daily injections to help lower hematocrit and estrogen but my body did the opposite of what was recommended online. My hematocrit and estrogen was higher on daily smaller injections vs two larger doses 2 times a week. Also I didn't like daily injections. I couldn't feel the trt as much. Went back to 2x a week and I like it best. My trt dose is 200 a week.