Different results between Quest & labcorp

ackmack78

Ok so I pulled bloods 2 weeks ago from lab corp and last week from quest and got results that don't make any sense. The reason I did is because I use Quest for my TRT doc and he likes to see e2 close to within range but I prefer not to run an AI as quest puts my e2 from 50-60 with TRT and I have no sides so I take an AI before TRT labs. I also wanted labs from lab corp so I can see what usual e2 looks like before AI.
For e2 all I take is calcium d glucarate and I kept this constant.
Both tests were taken at trough no changes in anything except after my usual Sat pin I took 0.5Adex Sunday and another 0.5Adex Monday

LabCorp 8/23 No AI
Estradiol sensitive (LC/MS)- 27 (scale 8-25)
Estradiol (ECLIA)- 37. Did this just because I was curious about sensitive vs non sensitive
Testosterone (LC/MS)- 1012

Quest 8/30 1.0mg Adex
Estradiol ultrasensitive(LC/MS) 35 (scale <29)
Testosterone (LC/MS)- 1239

To me this makes no sense I got the sensitive tests both places, made sure to get the LC/MS which is supposedly the best and most accurate, their reference intervals are almost the same and my fucking e2 is higher after 1mg of Adex than without Adex. I did not change anything else.

Makes me curious too because my TRT dr uses lab corp but accepts your own labs and I always use quest so without Adex if I would be a 27 at lab corp but a 60 at quest he's used to seeing the numbers lower and that's why he's telling me to take the AI even with no symptoms.

I don't know I'm just confused and irritated because the whole point of this was to see where my e2 was without Adex since I just started a cycle and wanted to have baseline numbers without an AI to guide me and now I'm more confused than ever.

Last edited:
We need timing on your test and arimidex
I pin Sat am and wed am 220mg/Wk total Test C
Both tests were done at 8am Wednesday so trough levels
No AI for lab corp, the following week for quest I did my Saturday pin then Sunday Am took 0.5mg Adex & monday Am took another 0.5mg Adex.

I pin Sat am and wed am 220mg/Wk total Test C
Both tests were done at 8am Wednesday so trough levels
No AI for lab corp, the following week for quest I did my Saturday pin then Sunday Am took 0.5mg Adex & monday Am took another 0.5mg Adex.
Hello!
The slight variation between labs is like a week-to-week error.
The test/e2 ratio is very close. Looks like an empty arimidex (

Different labs even if they have the same equipment will give different reads from the same sample, and they definitely will if they have different styles or brands of equipment. There is an acceptable amount of variation just for the equipment. Your body also fluctuates. Even if your protocol is exact and consistent and you test at the exact same time every time there will be variation in your #'s. Those #'s are close enough that I wouldn't sweat it.

Our bodies aren't a chemistry lab and we aren't robots. With biology and a living organism there are so many factors simultaneously at play which retract with each other and influence each other that homeostasis of a serum # will have variation. There is also variation in your drugs and protocol. Not every pill has the same amount of active, not every I injection is absorbed the same, etc. Consistency is more about staying within a window. Even an occasional off # as long as it's not extreme is not a worry. My 2 cents at least.

Different labs even if they have the same equipment will give different reads from the same sample, and they definitely will if they have different styles or brands of equipment. There is an acceptable amount of variation just for the equipment. Your body also fluctuates. Even if your protocol is exact and consistent and you test at the exact same time every time there will be variation in your #'s. Those #'s are close enough that I wouldn't sweat it.

Our bodies aren't a chemistry lab and we aren't robots. With biology and a living organism there are so many factors simultaneously at play which retract with each other and influence each other that homeostasis of a serum # will have variation. There is also variation in your drugs and protocol. Not every pill has the same amount of active, not every I injection is absorbed the same, etc. Consistency is more about staying within a window. Even an occasional off # as long as it's not extreme is not a worry. My 2 cents at least.
Ya I agree variation is normal I just find it odd that my e2 is exactly the same after 1mg of pharma Adex technically a few points higher. I mean that's a lot of Adex to take over a span of 2 days on just TRT test esp when I normally take 0.

Oh well I'm just gonna get my bloods drawn after 4 weeks on this 550 test cycle and see where I am. Definitely not using any AI unless I have sides or the numbers are insane.

As the ranges from the 2 companies are differentia doesn't seem that there is a huge difference. The body fluctuates throughout the day, week, month etc. As blood work is usually not an exact hard number but is only in relationship to the scale that each lab uses. One has to look at it as compared to the scale.