Does ru really work?

Bigbicep

Hey guys, anyone here used ru? How was it for you? I got some raw powder that I’m going to make in a solution to keep my hair for the years to come. Worth it to start treatment before balding starts ?

Hey guys, anyone here used ru? How was it for you? I got some raw powder that I’m going to make in a solution to keep my hair for the years to come. Worth it to start treatment before balding starts ?

I've been using topical minoxidil and RU as preventatives as I still have my hair. Also do microneedling once a week.

Working so far.

Hair loss prevention: a couple years.

Second question: many, many years.
Would you consider yourself to have good hair genetics or bad ? Also do you think it’s a wise idea to start treating it before it starts? Or is there no point or bad for you?

Would you consider yourself to have good hair genetics or bad ? Also do you think it’s a wise idea to start treating it before it starts? Or is there no point or bad for you?

Neither of my parents have a great head of hair (both thinning).

And yeah all the talk is prevention, as hair regrowth seems much more difficult. Topical RU+minox is easy and low risk.

Starting hair *preservation* is best done while you have a great head of hair.

Hair loss isn't seeing it disappear. It's not really even it falling out, as that's a normal part of the hair cycle. It grows, the follicle goes to sleep, the hair drops, and then. after a while it starts to grow a new hair.

DHT is constantly hammering away at the precious, irreplaceable stem cells that are in the bulb at the base of each follicle, each one a part of the machinery that builds every hair.

As each stem cell gets marked for death by the DHT hitman that attaches to it, the stem cell loses its "immune system privledge " and the same system that kills off an infection comes in to murder it.

Fewer stem cells=thinner hairs, until they're so small they disappear altogether. It's so slow it's nearly impossible to notice. Once you can see thinning you've often lost 50%+ of your hair, because the patterning of hair is really good at sustaining the optical illusion of fullness for a long time. The rest is severely damaged with much thinner shafts than before.

Minoxidil is great (oral or really the way to go imo), as it supplies more blood and nutrients, making the remaining stem cells more productive, but that does nothing to stop them from being killed off.

Ketoconazole 2% shampoo left on for 5 minutes a couple times a week pours water on the inflammation fire incinerating the stem cells, postponing the death sentence.

The rest, RU, laser caps, micro needling are all signals of how fkn desperate men get when they realize things were happening slowly for a long time but now seems "all at once". They help a little but not much, and useless without a DHT blocker base.

Nothing will stop the balding process you're destined to experience, eventually, fast or slow, as is nearly every man, unless you stop DHT from doing its work.

But like estrogen, even worse actually, it's really bad to crash your DHT. But you only need a little. It's extremely potent.

1mg a day of Finasteride is the standard male pattern balding treatment that stops further loss in the majority of men. Most don't have any sides. A few do and they suck. I know, I'm hypersensitive to the point years ago when I noticed my hairline receding I panicked and went on it, then quit after horrible sides. What a blunder. I didn't know (nor did the docs then) that .25mg is 90% as effective, lowering the already low chance of sides into lottery winning territory.

So imo, a good balance between the very small chance of sides and locking in that great hair so you can still pull hot young chicks when you're old and rich, is .25mg Fin a day. In the unlikely event you start to see loss, you can bump it up to .50mg, or even the standard 1mg almost certainly without issue. If you're a really fast balder you may need a more extreme solution like Dutasteride. But no matter what that .25mg is going to keep you from losing at least some, if not all the ground you can never recover once it's gone.

Last edited:

Didn’t regrow but def worked to prevent damage from harsh cycles I’ve run. Like 300 test+ 700 mast +700 tren + 700 primo,+50mg winny /d

Yes it absolutely does work, but pyrilutamide works better.
make using raw powder, NOT premixed. store in fridge.
apply to clean scalp after washing hair for best results.

Starting hair *preservation* is best done while you have a great head of hair.

Hair loss isn't seeing it disappear. It's not really even it falling out, as that's a normal part of the hair cycle. It grows, the follicle goes to sleep, the hair drops, and then. after a while it starts to grow a new hair.

DHT is constantly hammering away at the precious, irreplaceable stem cells that are in the bulb at the base of each follicle, each one a part of the machinery that builds every hair.

As each stem cell gets marked for death by the DHT hitman that attaches to it, the stem cell loses its "immune system privledge " and the same system that kills off an infection comes in to murder it.

Fewer stem cells=thinner hairs, until they're so small they disappear altogether. It's so slow it's nearly impossible to notice. Once you can see thinning you've often lost 50%+ of your hair, because the patterning of hair is really good at sustaining the optical illusion of fullness for a long time. The rest is severely damaged with much thinner shafts than before.

Minoxidil is great (oral or really the way to go imo), as it supplies more blood and nutrients, making the remaining stem cells more productive, but that does nothing to stop them from being killed off.

Ketoconazole 2% shampoo left on for 5 minutes a couple times a week pours water on the inflammation fire incinerating the stem cells, postponing the death sentence.

The rest, RU, laser caps, micro needling are all signals of how fkn desperate men get when they realize things were happening slowly for a long time but now seems "all at once". They help a little but not much, and useless without a DHT blocker base.

Nothing will stop the balding process you're destined to experience, eventually, fast or slow, as is nearly every man, unless you stop DHT from doing its work.

But like estrogen, even worse actually, it's really bad to crash your DHT. But you only need a little. It's extremely potent.

1mg a day of Finasteride is the standard male pattern balding treatment that stops further loss in the majority of men. Most don't have any sides. A few do and they suck. I know, I'm hypersensitive to the point years ago when I noticed my hairline receding I panicked and went on it, then quit after horrible sides. What a blunder. I didn't know (nor did the docs then) that .25mg is 90% as effective, lowering the already low chance of sides into lottery winning territory.

So imo, a good balance between the very small chance of sides and locking in that great hair so you can still pull hot young chicks when you're old and rich, is .25mg Fin a day. In the unlikely event you start to see loss, you can bump it up to .50mg, or even the standard 1mg almost certainly without issue. If you're a really fast balder you may need a more extreme solution like Dutasteride. But no matter what that .25mg is going to keep you from losing at least some, if not all the ground you can never recover once it's gone.

Do you know where to snag Minoxidil powder/tabs domestically?

I really don't want to order from India or China, but I'm probably going to end up doing so soon if I don't find an alternative domestically.

I really don't want to order from India or China, but I'm probably going to end up doing so soon if I don't find an alternative domestically.

The way I got them the first time was via a telehealth appointment (Sesame, GoodRX Health) , there are a million now for $20-40) and just put in "Oral minoxidil for hair loss" as the appointment reason.

Never took more than 5 mins to get a 180 x 2.5mg tab prescription sent in, which is a 90 day prescription for 5mg (there aren't 5mg tabs). It's such a safe drug they never make an issue of it.

Even without insurance, it's only $20 to fill for the 180 x 2.5mg if you use GoodRx (make sure you sign up and see which pharm you want to use before the appt).

So $40 appt+$20 to fill the prescription.

Once you have it, I suggest bringing it to your next doctors appointment and telling them you're using it for hair loss and ask if they'd take over writing refills.

A lot of docs won't initiate it, but once you're on it they're fine with it. It's literally an infant dose of a BP med.

The way I got them the first time was via a telehealth appointment (Sesame, GoodRX Health) , there are a million now for $20-40) and just put in "Oral minoxidil for hair loss" as the appointment reason.

Never took more than 5 mins to get a 180 x 2.5mg tab prescription sent in, which is a 90 day prescription for 5mg (there aren't 5mg tabs). It's such a safe drug they never make an issue of it.

Even without insurance, it's only $20 to fill for the 180 x 2.5mg if you use GoodRx (make sure you sign up and see which pharm you want to use before the appt).

So $40 appt+$20 to fill the prescription.

Once you have it, I suggest bringing it to your next doctors appointment and telling them you're using it for hair loss and ask if they'd take over writing refills.

A lot of docs won't initiate it, but once you're on it they're fine with it. It's literally an infant dose of a BP med.

Appreciate the tip! I'll probably go ahead and do that w/ the telehealth and followup with my doc.

You could just buy the topical stuff and drink it.
Only 3 ingredients in it besides the minox and it's PG, ethanol, and distilled water so it's safe to ingest