• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Ducks & horses

What would you rather have to battle by hand? 100 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck?

• Total voters
NH has black bear hunting and next season starts Oct. 1.

On topic 100 ducks are easier to fight off than one huge-ass one.

I'm not sure if massachusetts allows hunting them. I personally have no interest. I'd go deer and Turkey hunting though. You'll find me in a tree with moonshine and a Glock 29 waiting on some unsuspecting animal haha
Yeah CT tried to pass it last year but it didn't get approved by DEEP.
Not a hunter myself. If it was survival? Sure i would. But killing animals isn't my thing.
Well if i hear any stories out of Mass about some drunk asshole sitting in a tree waiting for a turkey vulture. I'll know who it is. lol

With the 100 duck sized horses if you were quick with the killing blows and had enough endurance I think you could finish them off. Having hooves they wouldn't be able to climb and overwhelm you with more deadly wounds and mostly be limited to below the waist bites. Obviously being horses they'd have killer endurance and speed. The danger would be getting worn out and letting them bring you down to where they could bite your throat and kick you in the head.

With a horse sized duck I think you'd have to go for breaking the legs and/or blinding it to have any chance for the kill. Maybe a choke out, but with that long neck it might be able to pluck you right off its back breaking limbs in the process. Probably trample you after. My mom and stepdad used to have a couple pet swans in their pond and those things are pretty big and aggressive. Something many times bigger would probably be horrifying in real life.

I'm going with the 100 duck sized horses. Better chance of survival. With the adrenaline going you could probably kill them all before they overpowered you. No amount of adrenaline is gonna stop a giant duck from snapping your bones like twigs.

With the 100 duck sized horses if you were quick with the killing blows and had enough endurance I think you could finish them off. Having hooves they wouldn't be able to climb and overwhelm you with more deadly wounds and mostly be limited to below the waist bites. Obviously being horses they'd have killer endurance and speed. The danger would be getting worn out and letting them bring you down to where they could bite your throat and kick you in the head.

With a horse sized duck I think you'd have to go for breaking the legs and/or blinding it to have any chance for the kill. Maybe a choke out, but with that long neck it might be able to pluck you right off its back breaking limbs in the process. Probably trample you after. My mom and stepdad used to have a couple pet swans in their pond and those things are pretty big and aggressive. Something many times bigger would probably be horrifying in real life.

I'm going with the 100 duck sized horses. Better chance of survival. With the adrenaline going you could probably kill them all before they overpowered you. No amount of adrenaline is gonna stop a giant duck from snapping your bones like twigs.
Damn brother you put alot of thought into that.
I'm still taking my chances with just one enemy. lol

Damn brother you put alot of thought into that.
I'm still taking my chances with just one enemy. lol

I'm at the gym after a long day behind the wheel, was taking some long breaks between sets of squats to type that, lol. This would make a good episode of that show, Deadliest Warrior. They did vampires versus zombies one time.

I was bitten by a horse once, just because she wanted my attention. Nearly broke my forearm. I'll take a giant slow duck over that any day. Besides, even if you win, you can't ride a duck sized horse.

I was bitten by a horse once, just because she wanted my attention. Nearly broke my forearm. I'll take a giant slow duck over that any day. Besides, even if you win, you can't ride a duck sized horse.
Have you been bitten by a duck? Now make it 600lbs.

I’ll take the 5lb horse nibbles.

About 5 years ago we had a quick boom in the population. They've since thinned out but it was nice having them, aside from the noise. The squirrels and chipmunks took a good hit. I'm usually picking those little rodents off with a pellet gun but it got slow for a bit.
Squirrel meat is great!

I've had some that required no seasoning because the turkeys were eating chili piquins. They are little hot ass peppers. Wild Turkey breast is amazing.
That's crazy, I like it. It's cool how that shit happens.