Electrolyte powders

Is this a thing? Off to google I go

Edit:

I don’t have access to view the full paper but if I’m reading the abstract right on HGH your body retains nitrogen , sodium, and potassium. If that’s the case why would we suppliment with potassium? Maybe that’s why some people bloat on HGH.. retained sodium?

Anybody got access to the rest of the paper?

yeah Idk but I speculate that AGAIN its all about inter individual differences like with everithing... some guys store sodium and potasium in the right ratios on HGH and others store more sodium and blow up like a water baloon ( my case, and I have to supplement with potassium ontop of the fact that I take 40mg Of telmisartan which also is supposed to store poatssium....)

you forgot potassium, esp. when on HGH
Let me fix my mix lol
1/4 tsp fine pink Himalayan sea salt
1/4 tsp calcium
1/4 tsp 50/50 mix magnesium gluconate and citrate
1/8 tsp potassium gluconate
1 tbsp KLASS drink mix

Here's my little water station. The other side of the kitchen is the whey/supplement station. Lol luckily my wife is cool as fuck and let's me to my own devices

20240516_081858.jpg

Let me fix my mix lol
1/4 tsp calcium
1 tbsp KLASS drink mix

Here's my little water station. The other side of the kitchen is the whey/supplement station. Lol luckily my wife is cool as fuck and let's me to my own devices

View attachment 283676
I will definitely prefer this over Re-Lyte. That stuff is insanely expensive. I will mix this formula exactly. What is Klass exactly? Does anyone know if there is an alternative to it in Germany?

I like Liquid IV, but I have to heavily dilute it in a quart of water or it's too sweet. Usually when I finish working out I'll rehydrate with that and mix in creatine and l-citrulline.

I like Liquid IV, but I have to heavily dilute it in a quart of water or it's too sweet. Usually when I finish working out I'll rehydrate with that and mix in creatine and l-citrulline.
I recently started using Liquid IV for intraworkout to give me some extra carbs and electrolytes. I agree with the flavor - I use a quart to dilute 1 packet.

Previously I used a liquid electrolyte supplement called 40000 volts, and would bring a small Gatorade. Liquid IV is a little expensive, but so far worth it. I could add some essential aminos to the solution if I wanted to get real fancy, but I eat plenty of mixed proteins prior to going to the gym.

I drink straight Gatorade intra

But i mix Gatorade powder lightly with water and drink a gallon of it a day of that. Been doing that for years

Let me fix my mix lol
1/4 tsp calcium
1 tbsp KLASS drink mix

View attachment 283676
Ive scratched the KLASS drink mix and im adding 15 grams Cyclic Dextrin along with 2g's Taurine and Mio drink mix for flavor

LMNT makes an electrolyte powder in a bunch of flavors, 5 kcals per serving; can add a little potassium bicarb because it's low in potassium.

Most of all it helps me drink more water (same for a lot of these products).

I recently started using Liquid IV for intraworkout to give me some extra carbs and electrolytes. I agree with the flavor - I use a quart to dilute 1 packet.

Previously I used a liquid electrolyte supplement called 40000 volts, and would bring a small Gatorade. Liquid IV is a little expensive, but so far worth it. I could add some essential aminos to the solution if I wanted to get real fancy, but I eat plenty of mixed proteins prior to going to the gym.
Yeah I use the 40,000 volts. I’m not sure if it’s as good as some of the others, but I just add it to my EAAs & water & seems to do the trick. Also seems a little more cost effective than the packets since it’s concentrated you get so many servings

Serving 1tsp
Servings per container 48
Magnesium 190mg
Chloride 600mg
Sodium 105 mg
Potassium 150mg
sulfate 20mg
Boron 950mcg

Yeah I use the 40,000 volts. I’m not sure if it’s as good as some of the others, but I just add it to my EAAs & water & seems to do the trick. Also seems a little more cost effective than the packets since it’s concentrated you get so many servings

Serving 1tsp
Servings per container 48
Magnesium 190mg
Chloride 600mg
Sodium 105 mg
Potassium 150mg
sulfate 20mg
Boron 950mcg
yeah i use a generous squirt into a quart sized container/glass. I also add nusalt and a little sea salt if it's a heavy sweat day.

I'm curious about your experience with the lids. do you find they're often leaky, and occasionally actually broken?

yeah i use a generous squirt into a quart sized container/glass. I also add nusalt and a little sea salt if it's a heavy sweat day.

I'm curious about your experience with the lids. do you find they're often leaky, and occasionally actually broken?
Yes I do actually. They’re always kinda janky. I just make sure I keep them upright and as closed as possible. I’ve probably went through 10 8oz bottles and every time it’s the same.

I switch between Gorilla Mode Electrolytes and Perfect Amino Electrolytes. Sometimes, I will just mix Redmond Fine Sea Salt with water and chug.