Eli Lilly sues online pharmacies to ban US imports of Tirzepatide

MadaFacor

Interesting development. I had assumed that the FDA would target the research chemical companies or their customers, given how prevalent the industry has become. Surprisingly, it seems that big pharma is taking the initial legal action against them taking civil action.

How do you anticipate this will impact the Chinese suppliers, if at all? Do you believe that the smaller research chemical firms, which aren't as visible or aggressive in their social media marketing as companies like Artic, will continue with their current practices?

Here's the link to the article for reference: https://www.reuters.com/legal/eli-lilly-sues-online-pharmacies-ban-us-imports-fake-mounjaro-2023-10-19/ (Eli Illy Sues)

I'm curious, does anyone have insights into the level of risk associated with purchasing and possessing research chemicals? Specifically, compounds like Tirz, Sema, BPC, Kissapeptin, and others?

low risk for purchasing. China is shipping way harder stuff to the US than peptides, but peptides are worth more money. I don't think they can stop it, but they'll keep it under wraps for a while.

Interesting development. I had assumed that the FDA would target the research chemical companies or their customers, given how prevalent the industry has become. Surprisingly, it seems that big pharma is taking the initial legal action against them taking civil action.

How do you anticipate this will impact the Chinese suppliers, if at all? Do you believe that the smaller research chemical firms, which aren't as visible or aggressive in their social media marketing as companies like Artic, will continue with their current practices?

Here's the link to the article for reference: https://www.reuters.com/legal/eli-lilly-sues-online-pharmacies-ban-us-imports-fake-mounjaro-2023-10-19/ (Eli Illy Sues)

I'm curious, does anyone have insights into the level of risk associated with purchasing and possessing research chemicals? Specifically, compounds like Tirz, Sema, BPC, Kissapeptin, and others?
I think the mainstreamization of drugs like semaglutide, tirzepatide, and retatrutide could have a big impact on the bodybuilding/AAS-using community.

Firstly, AAS users have always been stigmatized by society in no small part due to the widespread use of injectable compounds by bodybuilders/athletes.

If a significant percentage (and even a majority) of the population starts using "accepted" injectable drugs like the GLP-1 agonists, for health, performance-, and/or image-enhancing reasons, then injectable drugs will become more normalized and the needle stigma will slowly start to fade. And I guess this is kind of a positive thing

OTOH, there will also likely be negative fall out for the AAS-using bodybuilding community.

Secondly, as we are currently seeing, many domestic and international AAS/GH underground sources are adding semaglutide, etc. to their lineups. After all, it fits in perfectly with the subculture of PIEDs.

Thirdly, this is a potential multi-billion dollar profit bonanza for bigpharma unlike any other. In the past, bigpharma showed little interest in the underground AAS sources supplying the bodybuilding community because it didn't really have a major financial impact on the profits.

It's different with GLP-1 agonists. Bigpharma will aggressively seek to protect their profits. You could see them going after pharmacies that import foreign versions, compounding pharmacies, research chemical companies, pharmaceutical diversion, etc. either directly when possible or via law enforcement action when necessary.

And because traditional underground suppliers of AAS will have these drugs on their menu, they could become increasingly and more aggressively target by LE in the future.

You're not wrong on any front.

The interesting thing is that the modern era of injectable weight loss drugs is acting as a gateway to PEDs.

I am an example. Started with Sema. Improved mental and physical health. Began training, further enhancing mental and physical well-being. Initiated testosterone treatment, experiencing additional improvements. Currently experimenting with several peptides.

Now, here I am on Meso and SST, learning and engaging. At some point in the next year or so, I may dabble in??

I have to think this will attract additional scrutiny because the impact on public perception will be recognized quickly.

Gray market vendors are already feeling the heat. Artic just announced they will no longer sell for Tirz. Wicked Labs shut down or has gone underground.

It'll be interesting to see the kind of pressure they can bring to international vendors. I've got to think that US-based Research Chemical vendors are going to face incredible scrutiny and pressure. Will be interesting to see if they can up pressure on the Chinese vendors to make even a small dent.

Could it end up being a positive thing for communities like this in the long run?

Once the public realize that their health, fitness, mental health, and bodies are being regulated by those who have an interest in keeping them subservient to pharmaceutical companies, maybe things will change. I think the Covid response backfired, opening many people's eyes. Perhaps the PED community may face unfavorable scrutiny, but they might find unexpected alliances in the sick and obese who are ready to take things into their own hands. I know they're not often welcome here, but they could find an alliance nonetheless.

It's interesting to see housewives, businessmen, and grandmothers ordering scheduled substances from underground and overseas vendors. In mass. Even more interesting to see them join together to leverage pricing at wholesale levels.

It's a strange new world, and I'm interested to see what happens. The alignment of such different communities is interesting.

I am glad to see things are changing, and people are taking responsibility for their health and wellness, regardless of what big brother says.

Thanks for what you do here.

You're not wrong on any front.

The interesting thing is that the modern era of injectable weight loss drugs is acting as a gateway to PEDs.

I am an example. Started with Sema. Improved mental and physical health. Began training, further enhancing mental and physical well-being. Initiated testosterone treatment, experiencing additional improvements. Currently experimenting with several peptides.

Now, here I am on Meso and SST, learning and engaging. At some point in the next year or so, I may dabble in??

I have to think this will attract additional scrutiny because the impact on public perception will be recognized quickly.

Gray market vendors are already feeling the heat. Artic just announced they will no longer sell for Tirz. Wicked Labs shut down or has gone underground.

It'll be interesting to see the kind of pressure they can bring to international vendors. I've got to think that US-based Research Chemical vendors are going to face incredible scrutiny and pressure. Will be interesting to see if they can up pressure on the Chinese vendors to make even a small dent.

Could it end up being a positive thing for communities like this in the long run?

Once the public realize that their health, fitness, mental health, and bodies are being regulated by those who have an interest in keeping them subservient to pharmaceutical companies, maybe things will change. I think the Covid response backfired, opening many people's eyes. Perhaps the PED community may face unfavorable scrutiny, but they might find unexpected alliances in the sick and obese who are ready to take things into their own hands. I know they're not often welcome here, but they could find an alliance nonetheless.

It's interesting to see housewives, businessmen, and grandmothers ordering scheduled substances from underground and overseas vendors. In mass. Even more interesting to see them join together to leverage pricing at wholesale levels.

It's a strange new world, and I'm interested to see what happens. The alignment of such different communities is interesting.

I am glad to see things are changing, and people are taking responsibility for their health and wellness, regardless of what big brother says.

Thanks for what you do here.
And maybe this is a cautionary tale to those that typically service AAS users, steer clear are you going to draw a target you don't need . The pressure will be real and direct.

Perhaps the PED community may face unfavorable scrutiny, but they might find unexpected alliances in the sick and obese who are ready to take things into their own hands. I know they're not often welcome here, but they could find an alliance nonetheless.

True. You can see it happening in real-time on this forum.

low risk for purchasing. China is shipping way harder stuff to the US than peptides, but peptides are worth more money. I don't think they can stop it, but they'll keep it under wraps for a while.
Agreed. I just saw someone share they had a shipment of Chinese HGH opened by US Customs. The box and a vial were opened (as in the top was removed) the box was packed up and delivered. Makes me wonder if he needs to have it tested LOL.

When Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act (insert eye roll) takes effect for the forced price agreements termed “negotiations,” those manufacturers will absolutely lose profits. Eli Lilly isn’t currently one of the initial 10, but look for the others to join suit and seek other areas, like GLP-1’s, where they can make up for lost profits.

And because traditional underground suppliers of AAS will have these drugs on their menu, they could become increasingly and more aggressively target by LE in the future.

I have thought that since day 1!!! Ironically it'll be weight loss drugs that bring the unneeded attention to the steriod community. Messing with big pharmas income has never worked out well in the past.

The epidemic of obesity shows there is a high demand for these drugs, Of course they are cheaper to buy illegally and all those illegal profits are taking money our of big pharmas pocket. I predict the government will aggressively target grey market suppliers

Back