Exogenous T3 effect on my bloods TSH/Free T4/Free/T3

bebeav

Ok really didnt know where to put this one, sorry if it's not in the right place.

I had blood drawn 15 hours after my last 75mcg dose of Tiromel.
I expect to see low TSH number since my body production is shutdown by the use of exogenous T3, but i thought i would have see high Total T3 number.

So for the first drawn :
TSH : 0.480 mU/L (0.380-5.330) Expected as i'm shutdown with exogenous T3
Free T4 : 3.7 pmol/L (7.8-19.2) Why so low?
Free T3 : 1.2 nmol/L (1.3-2.8) Why so low?

Second drawn 65 hours later :
TSH : 1.379 mU/L (0.380-5.330) Already back ''ON'', this number looks like my every year TSH check-up
Free T4 : 7.8 pmol/L (7.8-19.2) Double but still on the low side
Free T3 : 1.0 nmol/L (1.3-2.8) Even lower, what the hell?

Anyone can help figure this?

T4 is low because you're using exogenous T3. TSH is lowered because T3 got elevated and only takes a few hours, which lowers T4.

T3 is low because of how long after dosing labs where taken. T3 will return to baseline or lower in less than a day in most.

What's your goal/reason for running the labs? Recovery, checking legitness? In my experience thyroid bounces back quite quickly, but will take several days before a readable effect.

Simply put, T4 converts to T3... having high T3 triggers your body to lower T4. Both go hand in hand. Especially if you're supplementing with T3. Taper T3 up and down, it helps your natural kick back in and avoiding rebounds.

Ok really didnt know where to put this one, sorry if it's not in the right place.

I had blood drawn 15 hours after my last 75mcg dose of Tiromel.
I expect to see low TSH number since my body production is shutdown by the use of exogenous T3, but i thought i would have see high Total T3 number.

So for the first drawn :
TSH : 0.480 mU/L (0.380-5.330) Expected as i'm shutdown with exogenous T3
Free T4 : 3.7 pmol/L (7.8-19.2) Why so low?
Free T3 : 1.2 nmol/L (1.3-2.8) Why so low?

Second drawn 65 hours later :
TSH : 1.379 mU/L (0.380-5.330) Already back ''ON'', this number looks like my every year TSH check-up
Free T4 : 7.8 pmol/L (7.8-19.2) Double but still on the low side
Free T3 : 1.0 nmol/L (1.3-2.8) Even lower, what the hell?

Anyone can help figure this?

It’s easy to identify self therapists bc they don’t understand among other issues the what when how or why of diagnostic testing

Nonetheless for a variety of reasons such as protein binding, T4-T3 conversion, volume of distribution, drug half lives etc, Thyroid Fct tests are repeated in FOUR to SIX weeks after the onset of therapy.

Jim

T4 is low because you're using exogenous T3. TSH is lowered because T3 got elevated and only takes a few hours, which lowers T4.

T3 is low because of how long after dosing labs where taken. T3 will return to baseline or lower in less than a day in most.

What's your goal/reason for running the labs? Recovery, checking legitness? In my experience thyroid bounces back quite quickly, but will take several days before a readable effect.

Thx for the T4 answer,
T3 labs where done 15 hours after taking 75mcg, i find them low for the amount used, my TSH is still down so Tiromel seems legit but maybe my body doesn't convert it like it should, i thought i would be at least over the range with this amount of T3.

It’s easy to identify self therapists bc they don’t understand among other issues the what when how or why of diagnostic testing

Nonetheless for a variety of reasons such as protein binding, T4-T3 conversion, volume of distribution, drug half lives etc, Thyroid Fct tests are repeated in FOUR to SIX weeks after the onset of therapy.

Jim

I was in ER and they tested many thing and i got these test also. I didn't planned them or ask them so that's why timing for testing isn't the best one, it's only result that i had during these test and i had the opportunity to see these Thyroid bloods result.

I will try to get these done again in a months to see if my T3 level are good or still low.

But the main question is about my low T3 level on 75mcg tiromel but having my TSH shutdown at the same time.

Bloods were drawn too quickly so the body didn't reach equilibrium yet
also, taking T3 several hours after the last pill/cap will show a low level because of its short half life.

IMO it's better to take a low T4 dosage, something like 25 mcg per day to compensate for lower natural T4 because of lower TSH.
If you forget to take your T3, some of that extra T4 might convert to the badly needed T3, whereas you'd be depleted on T3 only.

Back