Finasteride and Minoxidil on TRT?

bolognasty

Does anyone have any experience using fin and minoxidil for hair on trt? I know some people experience low libido, ed, and even increased heart rate using these. Would trt counteract these sides?

I've been using duta to wipe out all of my DHT for about 12 years and zero side effects.

post-finaesteride syndrome is fake. If it was, post-dutasteride syndrome would be a thing as it's like a billion times stronger.

I've been using duta to wipe out all of my DHT for about 12 years and zero side effects.

post-finaesteride syndrome is fake. If it was, post-dutasteride syndrome would be a thing as it's like a billion times stronger.
That's interesting. What made you opt for dut instead of fin and do you still run any dht compounds with no sides as far as hairloss goes?

I know many complain about pfs but I also believe alot of this could just be placebo/stress.

That's interesting. What made you opt for dut instead of fin and do you still run any dht compounds with no sides as far as hairloss goes?

I know many complain about pfs but I also believe alot of this could just be placebo/stress.

It's no coincidence every PFS symptom can be induced psychosomatically, not measurable by any objective standard, remains hidden from an army of medical researchers and trial lawyers, and continues to be prescribed to tens of millions of men without the FDA or doctor's insurance companies stopping it.

("big pharma conspiracy!"....except it's been a dirt cheap generic for decades, with the bottle more valuable than the tablets).

I take 5mg minoxidil, .5 fin, 200 mg test. I also take Tadalafil. I had no sides from adding in the min or fin personally. It may be age but I do love tada for it's great effects on libido. If fin effected my libido, tada overshadows any problems.

i take dutasteride, ive taken up to 2.5mg everyday, sometimes 5mg doses, ive had brainfog a few times and reduced my dosage for a week or two, but looking back i think it was e2/life/other supplement related, but not sure, i take 1mg per day now with a lot of test

reduces acne/aging as well.

everyone with PFS doesn't get bloodwork or take the simple steps many of us would do without a second thought. Not to mention that they tend to be on the far left side of the IQ bell curve,

Last edited:
I take 5mg minoxidil, .5 fin, 200 mg test. I also take Tadalafil. I had no sides from adding in the min or fin personally. It may be age but I do love tada for it's great effects on libido. If fin effected my libido, tada overshadows any problems.

I'm a fin hyper responder, 1mg back in the day destroyed me after 3 weeks and it took a month to recover DHT levels and start to restore libido and motivation, scary as hell. When I finally got the nerve to try again decades later (after losing way too much hair), I "felt" .25mg / day mildly depress my libido for 2-3 days, then returned to normal. Now it's been a year with no further loss and significant (for the circumstances) regain in quantity and quality.

i take dutasteride, ive taken up to 2.5mg everyday, sometimes 5mg doses, ive had brainfog a few times and reduced my dosage for a week or two, but looking back i think it was e2/life/other supplement related.

everyone with PFS doesn't get bloodwork or take the simple steps many of us would do without a second thought. Not to mention that they tend to be on the far left side of the IQ bell curve,

Well to be fair, the way general practitioner docs and dermatologists prescribe it is just to throw 1mg pills at you with no tests or warning, so for those who don't know the way hormones work, they can fall prey to online PFS activists, then think themselves into it.

At the least there should be .5mg tabs to start out on, and an explanation of the possible rare, but temporary sides. "Your DHT levels will recover and you'll return to normal within a few weeks, worst case scenario."

To my knowledge, minoxidil has no contraindications with any common AAS. I use it and RU58841 with some success.

I also use finasteride which works well for testosterone, but less so for other AAS, particularly nandrolone which is 5α reduced to DHN which is less androgenic. That is to say, finasteride will make hair loss worse when combined with nandrolone.

i take dutasteride, ive taken up to 2.5mg everyday, sometimes 5mg doses, ive had brainfog a few times and reduced my dosage for a week or two, but looking back i think it was e2/life/other supplement related, but not sure, i take 1mg per day now with a lot of test

DHT is basically worthless after you've finished puberty, makes you look old as shit, destroys your hair, in rats it fucks their heart health, etc.

Where's the "post-dutasteride syndrome"?

What made you opt for dut instead of fin

DHt has no benefit so why not get rid of all of it? If it had any use every elite bodybuilder would be running injectable DHT. Instead most are running fin or duta to suppress it.

It's only guys who look like dog shit posting 2 page long biohacking posts who obsess over DHT.

do you still run any dht compounds

you mean DHT derivatives which have nothing to do with DHT

Last edited:
I have been battling hair loss pretty much since PED's entered my life, but it has only been in the last 6ish months now that I got scared and decided to take action.

I take Fin as a daily oral, along with topical Minoxidil twice a day and topical RU-58841 also twice a day. I have managed to stop the bleeding and get back some of my thickness, but I am not back to baseline. The regimen is a bit of a bitch to keep up with but I am satisfied with the results so far. I plan to keep it up I guess indefinitely.

I have been battling hair loss pretty much since PED's entered my life, but it has only been in the last 6ish months now that I got scared and decided to take action.

I take Fin as a daily oral, along with topical Minoxidil twice a day and topical RU-58841 also twice a day. I have managed to stop the bleeding and get back some of my thickness, but I am not back to baseline. The regimen is a bit of a bitch to keep up with but I am satisfied with the results so far. I plan to keep it up I guess indefinitely.

There's usually some hair to be regained with a disciplined regimen, the younger the better the result, since follicles seem to have. a "stunned" phase of no growth prior to being permanently killed, but basically it's a game of holding ground, like teeth.

Though at least with teeth there is almost never a point of "no return", given they can be replaced with perfect looking implants, while hair can not.

DHt has no benefit so why not get rid of all of it? If it had any use every elite bodybuilder would be running injectable DHT. Instead most are running fin or duta to suppress it.

It's only guys who look like dog shit posting 2 page long biohacking posts who obsess over DHT.

you mean DHT derivatives which have nothing to do with DHT
Yeah that's what I meant. So mast and winny hasn't interacted with dutasteride in your experience?

That does seem like a pain to keep on top of if im honest. do you think it would make much of a difference doing it just the once at night?

That does seem like a pain to keep on top of if im honest. do you think it would make much of a difference doing it just the once at night?
Perhaps so, but the bitch of it is that what I am doing now is clearly working, so it is exceedingly difficult to want to rock the boat when I have what appears to be an effective strategy.

Yeah that's what I meant. So mast and winny hasn't interacted with dutasteride in your experience?

They don't convert to DHT, have nothing to do with it.

Taking more gear will make you go bald by increasing androgen load, but this is another "pathway" to kill your hair.

Here's my hair last year at age 39 if anyone gives a fuck. More than I started out with when I got on duta at 28.

Attachments

• hair.webp
    hair.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 8

Sponsors

Back