First Cycle at 42 yrs Old (Feedback)

Mr_Armageddon

Hey Everyone, I am gearing up for my first cycle and was looking to get a bit of feedback on my plan. My "T" levels are decent after 8 weeks of Testosterone "Stimulation" using Enclomiphene, but seem to be plateauing more than I have in the past, and energy levels have definitely are not great. Wanting to use this introductory cycle to get into a "higher gear". Just got my most recent bloodwork back, and looking to get started. Here is where I stand currently.

6'0"
220lbs @ 18% body fat (Dexa Scan)

Free T = 123 pg/mL
Total T = 813 ng/mL
LH = 12.4 mIU/mL
SHBG = 61.4 nmol/L
Estradiol = 37.6 pg/mL

Working on trimming down the fat for summer. Have a great garage gym and have been consistently working on my body transformation for a few years now. Have been researching a ton, but want to get some feedback on my plan. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

TEST_Cycle_2024.06.jpg

I would drop the fat and then just run test. You're 42 and you don't even know how you respond to test. No question I would drop the orals and tren. Looking at your post you haven't even used test on a trt level. I would Definity pump the breaks and see hoy you handle test. I just noticed the clen........

I would drop the fat and then just run test. You're 42 and you don't even know how you respond to test. No question I would drop the orals and tren. Looking at your post you haven't even used test on a trt level. I would Definity pump the breaks and see hoy you handle test. I just noticed the clen........
That's sound advice, and is probably what I will end up doing. Not starting anything for another few weeks either way, still in research mode and cutting as much fat as possible before starting. My last DEXA shows 18%, but I'm realistically more at 14-15% now.
Was looking at the benefits of stacking various compounds, but realize for my first run, a good baseline amount of TEST will be a good starting point as you pointed out. Also meeting with a local "Men's" Doctor that comes highly recommended in a few weeks to look at more of a TRT based approach, but can add to if needed while he monitors my bloodwork.

Why not stay at a higher TRT lvl in general, 200-250mg of Test and if you want to slim down some Sema and occasionally 10mg of Anavar for heavy workout days or add 2iu's of GH?

First cycle should be only test. Tren on a first cycle? WTF?! Terrible idea. Do 300 - 500 test weekly. Start with lower if you wish, but you won't get to saturation for weeks. If you want to be on the safe side I would figure out loading dose for 300mg a week saturation level and take that day 1 then carry on at 300 a week. Bloods at week 3 or 4, if no loading dose then bloods at week 6. If 300 is fine with your body and you want to go higher go up to 500 max. 12 - 16 weeks is standard.

Forget the Anavar. Save it for next time.

AI should only be planned in a cycle if you know what you need for a given test dose. Since you don't have a history with test you don't plan it into the cycle. Have it on hand and use it based on blood work. If high E2 sides go pull an E2 blood and take AI based on that. A lot of a 1st cycle is figuring out how you react to test and if AI is needed/what dose. When adjusting AI pull an E2 blood after adjusting. It is time consuming but if you get that info now you can use it for cycles down the road and is very valuable info.

I agree that cutting weight before a cycle is ideal. If you wish take higher dose HCG or even better 150 - 200 test for cutting. Once decently lean then do the test cycle.

Yeah as others have said work your way up. You want the minimum effective dose for your goal.

I’ve got no experience on this, but isn’t the idea of a “cycle” debunked? Based on what I’ve seen other people doing, common practice is to take a lower dose but cruise it unless you feel the need to change the dose.

Get bloods done a month or two after you change your dosages. And keep a record of what you’re taking and how you’re feeling on it

And consider true trt and not pct. At that age fluctuating hormones are shit and they ain't coming back for real.

Unless you want kids