First Cycle blood test results week 12 advice needed

davies84uk

Hi all,

So I im currently 12 weeks in to 16 week cycle of test enanthate.

Just hit 40 years of age and been thinking about it the last few years. Last 6 months libido had dropped and I was feeling pretty sh#t so i did my bloods around 3 months ago and my test was through the floor so ultimately that's what gave me the final nudge to start.

I've done a tone of research over the years and not just decide to jump on this with little knowledge.

I started at 2 weeks at 300mg per week 2 injections. The second 2 weeks i went up to 360mg. Since week 4 I've been on 420mg per week. Pinning once on a Monday and once on a Thursday.

Anyway I've just done my bloods 12 weeks in to see how all my levels are looking.

Unfortunately they all seem quite high. My main concerns are my levels for oestradiol, and prolactin. Was hoping I get get some advice from some of you wonderful people that have a lot more knowledge than myself.

It terms of how I'm feeling I'm feeling pretty good. Haven't had what would be typical symptoms of high oestrogen levels. I have felt a little tired the last few weeks. However, I've had a few family events being summer and drunk quite a bit of alcohol and not eaten great so I've put it down to that. Other than this I feel ok.

Do you guys feel I need to jump on AI. If so what would you recommend at what dose?

With my prolactin being quite high. Is there any supplement I can take to bring this down?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated1000023099.jpg1000023098.jpg1000023100.jpg. Thanks

Hi all,

So I im currently 12 weeks in to 16 week cycle of test enanthate.

Just hit 40 years of age and been thinking about it the last few years. Last 6 months libido had dropped and I was feeling pretty sh#t so i did my bloods around 3 months ago and my test was through the floor so ultimately that's what gave me the final nudge to start.

I've done a tone of research over the years and not just decide to jump on this with little knowledge.

I started at 2 weeks at 300mg per week 2 injections. The second 2 weeks i went up to 360mg. Since week 4 I've been on 420mg per week. Pinning once on a Monday and once on a Thursday.

Anyway I've just done my bloods 12 weeks in to see how all my levels are looking.

Unfortunately they all seem quite high. My main concerns are my levels for oestradiol, and prolactin. Was hoping I get get some advice from some of you wonderful people that have a lot more knowledge than myself.

It terms of how I'm feeling I'm feeling pretty good. Haven't had what would be typical symptoms of high oestrogen levels. I have felt a little tired the last few weeks. However, I've had a few family events being summer and drunk quite a bit of alcohol and not eaten great so I've put it down to that. Other than this I feel ok.

Do you guys feel I need to jump on AI. If so what would you recommend at what dose?

With my prolactin being quite high. Is there any supplement I can take to bring this down?

Any help or advice would be much appreciatedView attachment 292443View attachment 292444View attachment 292445. Thanks
hello, do you have an anti aromatase on hand, if so it should be used. for prolactin you need cabergoline

You’re taking a pretty big dose for someone new to testosterone. If I was you I’d take no more than 200mg per week for 6 months and see how you feel. Get bloods done again (get the big medichecks test that checks everything). Then assess what you want to do after.

With T that high you should be getting a FBC, ferritin, and lipids done. I’m not saying they’ll be bad, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they are.

Your e2 actually doesn’t look that bad. You could experiment with an AI and see if you feel better, but dose it low to start. But if you’re not experiencing high e2 sides you may not wanna bother.

Your prolactin could do with being lower. You may find that high prolactin is a symptom of excessive estrogenic effects.

You may wanna consider caber/prami to bring the prolactin down and assess how you feel. But if you’re going for the AI, I’d suggest putting off caber/prami until you’ve retested your PRL and e2 after the AI. If you want a supplement, you could try p5p to lower the prolactin.

If I was in your position, I’d drop to 200mg test a week, then retest e2 and prolactin. If e2 is above range and prolactin is above range, take 0.5mg anastrozole (or another AI) split into 4 doses per week. Then retest e2 and prl after a month. If e2 is in range but prl still isn’t, consider taking caber/prami and maybe dropping the AI depending on how you feel.

Last edited:
You’re taking a pretty big dose for someone new to testosterone. If I was you I’d take no more than 200mg per week for 6 months and see how you feel. Get bloods done again (get the big medichecks test that checks everything). Then assess what you want to do after.

With T that high you should be getting a FBC, ferritin, and lipids done. I’m not saying they’ll be bad, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they are.

Your e2 actually doesn’t look that bad. You could experiment with an AI and see if you feel better, but dose it low to start. But if you’re not experiencing high e2 sides you may not wanna bother.

Your prolactin could do with being lower. You may find that high prolactin is a symptom of excessive estrogenic effects.

You may wanna consider caber/prami to bring the prolactin down and assess how you feel. But if you’re going for the AI, I’d suggest putting off caber/prami until you’ve retested your PRL and e2 after the AI. If you want a supplement, you could try p5p to lower the prolactin.

If I was in your position, I’d drop to 200mg test a week, then retest e2 and prolactin. If e2 is above range and prolactin is above range, take 0.5mg anastrozole (or another AI) split into 4 doses per week. Then retest e2 and prl after a month. If e2 is in range but prl still isn’t, consider taking caber/prami and maybe dropping the AI depending on how you feel.
Hi bud,

Thanks for taking your time to right a comprehensive detailed answer. I really do appreciate it. Because either generally feel fine I dint thing I'm gonna take any AI just yet. I'll probs do as you said. Drop my dose down to 200mg a week and retest in 4 weeks. But I was gojnf to come off cycle in 4 weeks anyway.

Hi bud,

Thanks for taking your time to right a comprehensive detailed answer. I really do appreciate it. Because either generally feel fine I dint thing I'm gonna take any AI just yet. I'll probs do as you said. Drop my dose down to 200mg a week and retest in 4 weeks. But I was gojnf to come off cycle in 4 weeks anyway.
Yeah that’s not a bad idea.

Read into if you should cycle or cruise. I’ve never looked into it much as I’m just after symptom relief, but I think it is becoming more common to have the opinion that cruising a lower dose is better than cycling. Easier to dose right, fewer sides, and similar gains.

But again, I’m not too sure.

Just thought that your prolactin may have been high if you shot a fat load within 24 hours of the test, or if you had your nips rubbed. Shouldn’t make it go THAT high, but you never know.

If you’re gonna retest e2 and prl get this test

But ideally you wanna go for one with FBC, lipids, and ferritin. I think this is the cheapest

Last edited:
Yeah that’s not a bad idea.

Read into if you should cycle or cruise. I’ve never looked into it much as I’m just after symptom relief, but I think it is becoming more common to have the opinion that cruising a lower dose is better than cycling. Easier to dose right, fewer sides, and similar gains.

But again, I’m not too sure.

Just thought that your prolactin may have been high if you shot a fat load within 24 hours of the test, or if you had your nips rubbed. Shouldn’t make it go THAT high, but you never know.

If you’re gonna retest e2 and prl get this test

But ideally you wanna go for one with FBC, lipids, and ferritin. I think this is the cheapest

I think I'll go for the advance test as you've suggested. I'm not sure if to come off all together and try get my natural test going again or if to just cruise at a TRT does for a while.

With regards to high prolactin I would have 100% laid some pipe within that 24hrs Can that have a massive impact on the results?

I think I'll go for the advance test as you've suggested. I'm not sure if to come off all together and try get my natural test going again or if to just cruise at a TRT does for a while.
Entirely your choice. Pros and cons to both.
With regards to high prolactin I would have 100% laid some pipe within that 24hrs Can that have a massive impact on the results?
I’m not clued up on the literature on it, so don’t take my word for it, but unless you came within a few hours of the test it shouldn’t have made that much difference.

both men and women experience an increased prolactin levels following orgasm for approximately 60 minutes, which is a neurobiological marker of the refractory period in males.[14][9]