Gear and Elevated Blood Pressure

DespondentWojak

Those of you who saw elevated BP panels and were able to reduce them without stopping gear, what was most auspicious in achieving that? I've seen plenty of ideas between diet or herbs, but I'm more interested in personal testimonies.

For reference, I run light to mild doses, usually just of 250-600mg of test or small amounts of deca in concurrence since it helps with my knee pain. After a couple months I'm in the 140-150/80-90 bp range and typically I sit in the 110-120/70 ish range when I'm on nothing. I'm in my early 30s and looking to sit on 300mg test for the long term. Appreciate any ideas/advice.

You gotta search the forum man, plenty of information and threads to read through. It's a common side effect of using steroids and being overweight as we all are by med standards.

Bottom line is if you can't get it down with diet, exercise, cardio and supplements. Then meds are the only way, although they come with their own set of sides.

You gotta search the forum man, plenty of information and threads to read through. It's a common side effect of using steroids and being overweight as we all are by med standards.

Bottom line is if you can't get it down with diet, exercise, cardio and supplements. Then meds are the only way, although they come with their own set of sides.
Indeed, but by that logic 99% of the traffic on this site and those like it would disappear. I'm not asking because I am taken aback or cannot use a search engine or ncbi. Rather, I value a "I took x,y,z ed/eod @ a,b,c and I'm such and such stats" type of post from someone who has a history vs random posts that may not match my situation in the least. Due to medication I'm on, I have to be exceedingly careful about what I put in my body in lieu of possible/likely contraindications. Also, I need to make posts in order to get messaging rights on the last board, and may as well try and ask about something I actually want to know more about rather than making fluff posts.

Indeed, but by that logic 99% of the traffic on this site and those like it would disappear. I'm not asking because I am taken aback or cannot use a search engine or ncbi. Rather, I value a "I took x,y,z ed/eod @ a,b,c and I'm such and such stats" type of post from someone who has a history vs random posts that may not match my situation in the least. Due to medication I'm on, I have to be exceedingly careful about what I put in my body in lieu of possible/likely contraindications. Also, I need to make posts in order to get messaging rights on the last board, and may as well try and ask about something I actually want to know more about rather than making fluff posts.
So by reading logs and other various threads you might find something helpful. Your situation is not exactly unique. Many threads cover this same problem. Everyone is different and might need different methods, but the information is available.

Rather, I value a "I took x,y,z ed/eod @ a,b,c and I'm such and such stats
There are lots of personal experiences logged on this forum and it includes battling high blood pressure.

Due to medication I'm on, I have to be exceedingly careful about what I put in my body in lieu of possible/likely contraindications.
It's always best to consult with your doctor.

This thread is one of many examples of how different people try to manage their blood pressure:

As you understand, you have got to experiment. If you want to skip diet, cardio, lifestyle, supplements and want to jump on medication research thoroughly one by one, again information available on this very forum. Take care.

First of all, cardio.
And dont expect it to work from first week, it takes many.

I had slight hypertension with test and cardio took me to the same levels as when im off.

Avoid excess salt/sugar

Beetroot extract. Its the only supplement that works for me. The one i have is 1500mg per pill, i take 3 daily.

And last, i wasnt sure about doing it, but started telmisartan (20mg) with nevibolol (2,5mg). After 1 month i can do test/npp and barely have bp increased. In case i have some bp peak (stress/too much salt in food) i pop extra beetroot extract pills and if its bednight i take theanin

Anyways, many things you can do but i would start in that order.

Cardio first. Then telmisartan 80mg plus 2g beetroot extract got it done. Ate clean since the beginning when I had high bp otherwise that would’ve been first step

Beetroot extract. Its the only supplement that works for me. The one i have is 1500mg per pill, i take 3 daily.
Once I got off the bulk and began my prep I had to drop beetroot, my bp was getting almost dangerously low and was getting lightheaded multiple times a day. It’s had a bigger impact on my bp than telmisartan somehow

Appreciate the replies.
Donate blood…
My RBC is definitely elevated and I've actually been looking into blood donations. Are you doing this routinely while on, or purely as your bloods dictate? I'd have done this earlier but the drives are erratic in my area unless you're a student.
First of all, cardio.
And dont expect it to work from first week, it takes many.

I had slight hypertension with test and cardio took me to the same levels as when im off.

Avoid excess salt/sugar

And last, i wasnt sure about doing it, but started telmisartan (20mg) with nevibolol (2,5mg). After 1 month i can do test/npp and barely have bp increased. In case i have some bp peak (stress/too much salt in food) i pop extra beetroot extract pills and if its bednight i take theanin

Anyways, many things you can do but i would start in that order.
Did you find that any sugar raised your bp or just refined? I already limit salt intake but what sort of threshold do you have? I unfortunately can't tolerate telmisartan (ulcers) so it's looking like beet root and theanine (wasn't even aware that could lower bp) is worth a shot.
Once I got off the bulk and began my prep I had to drop beetroot, my bp was getting almost dangerously low and was getting lightheaded multiple times a day. It’s had a bigger impact on my bp than telmisartan somehow
About how long until you started getting that side effect do you think? Or were you using a sphygmomanometer and hit like 90/60 or something?
I can already get light-headed, so I want to try and differentiate between what's 'normal' and potentially the beet root.
Cardio is huge in helping to alleviate blood pressure, and has a lot of other benefits as well.
Outside of swimming (no pools in my area) I have to be very careful with how much cardio I do, but what sort of HR target, duration, and frequency are you guys having to do to see an effect beyond just the beetroot's doing?

About how long until you started getting that side effect do you think? Or were you using a sphygmomanometer and hit like 90/60 or something?
I can already get light-headed, so I want to try and differentiate between what's 'normal' and potentially the beet root.

I just shoot to keep my systolic top number in the one-teens or low 120s. I was getting lightheaded and have dropped 17lb in a couple months between peak bulk and starting prep so took bp and saw 90/40-something (yikes) so pulled all the beetroot and i’m back in the 110s/50s

are you sure 2g of beetroot extract did more than nothing less than 80mg telmisartan?

are you sure 2g of beetroot extract did more than nothing less than 80mg telmisartan?
I was creeping into the 140s on 80mg telmisartan and had some edema in ankles. I then added 2g beet root and in a couple days was into the 110s. So probably not for everyone but I think my issues may have had to do with circulation? Not sure but beetroot powder fixed it. I’m sure beetroot along wouldn’t have gotten it done without the telmisartan too though

Did you find that any sugar raised your bp or just refined? I already limit salt intake but what sort of threshold do you have? I unfortunately can't tolerate telmisartan (ulcers) so it's looking like beet root and theanine (wasn't even aware that could lower bp) is worth a shot.

i would say sugar in general

i dont count salt but i try to consume as less as possible

theanine isnt for blood pressure, but when i get high bp i start overthinking about it, therefore i get nervous and then get even higher bp, theanine helps to relax, its good for anxiety

the say it has a good synergy with caffeine, like you get the benefits of coffee but without the physical agitation from caffeine, something like that

you can read people reviews here THEANINE: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews

i actually sometimes get what some people mention, like falling asleep better but waking up randomly at night, it sucks lol but apart from that i keep buying

Last edited:
What particular beetroot product are you using?

I’m running high dose Test and Primo along with HGH right now and at a certain point was running NPP.

Telmisartan at 80mg took my BP from 150-90 down to 135-80. And combined with 5mg Nebivolol (my new favorite ancillary of all time), not only reduced my RHR by 25%, but also significantly reduced my anxiety and stress, gives me a huge sense of well being, better sleep, and even lower BP. Drug is a godsend and I’ll probably take it indefinitely

And combined with 5mg Nebivolol (my new favorite ancillary of all time), not only reduced my RHR by 25%, but also significantly reduced my anxiety and stress, gives me a huge sense of well being, better sleep, and even lower BP. Drug is a godsend and I’ll probably take it indefinitely

That's nice! How's it going with your workouts? Some guys who tried nebivolol said their workouts went shit afterwords. Have been affected at all? The calming effects are known, some take it before a speech or a presentation and keeps the anxiety down.

That's nice! How's it going with your workouts? Some guys who tried nebivolol said their workouts went shit afterwords. Have been affected at all? The calming effects are known, some take it before a speech or a presentation and keeps the anxiety down.
Workouts have improved. Recovery is incredibly fast between sets with no noticeable change to output.

Workouts have improved. Recovery is incredibly fast between sets with no noticeable change to output.

Awesome man, one final question, what time do you take it? I know it has a very long half life but just curious. I might have to try it sometime because my bp is low-normal but i have a slightly elevated rhr despite the daily cardio..and I'm not even blasting yet.