Greying beard

Maaaan…. I got a grey patch that started in on my stubble around 35 and it still hasn’t decided what it wants to do. My hair, however, has decided to go full “salt n pepper” I think it’s called and you would be surprised just how many women think that shit is sexy. I went back to school for music and sound engineering on my GI bill and I had an 18yr old girl next to me in my computer glass call me a “silver fox” and I had no idea what that was but the way she said sounded like it wasn’t too bad… It’s not. Every single female I’ve asked about greys have all said the same thing… Leave it alone. They like it.

Maaaan…. I got a grey patch that started in on my stubble around 35 and it still hasn’t decided what it wants to do. My hair, however, has decided to go full “salt n pepper” I think it’s called and you would be surprised just how many women think that shit is sexy. I went back to school for music and sound engineering on my GI bill and I had an 18yr old girl next to me in my computer glass call me a “silver fox” and I had no idea what that was but the way she said sounded like it wasn’t too bad… It’s not. Every single female I’ve asked about greys have all said the same thing… Leave it alone. They like it.

This right here.

Lean into it, OP. Grey hairs are a privilege that are earned.

Also, women dig them.

I know guys who dye their beards. It looks stupid, and all of us make fun of them for being so insecure.

got any backup on the "protective tanning" claim, because my understanding (with minimal research, mind you) is that people with higher melanin levels are still subject to skin cancer.
True, but darker skin can tolerate uv lighting more than light skin and so there will be less uv damage, in comparison.
But you are right and that's why everyone should use sun protection.
This is what I hear dermatologists say.

got any backup on the "protective tanning" claim, because my understanding (with minimal research, mind you) is that people with higher melanin levels are still subject to skin cancer.

A "base tan" on average caucasian skin provides the equivalent of around SPF 4 protection. I'd argue a one week course of MT2 easily goes beyond a base tan with just incidental sun exposure lasting a few minutes.

While SPF 4 may not sound like much, it's 4 times the protection of no tan. So the equivalent UV damage of 10 minutes takes 40 minutes.

This is nothing compared to someone utilizing protective clothing and diligently applying sunscreen, but how many, particularly men, do that every time they go out?

The argument against a "base tan" has been the UV exposure required to achieve it inflicts damage that largely outweighs the protective effects, but with MT2 this protection can be achieved with virtually no UV exposure, and protects areas not usually covered with sunscreen, like the scalp, eyelids, inside of ears, etc.