Hairs in vials safe?

one5onecc

Been inspecting my vials up close these days and noticing little hairs in the vials.

One source replaced 6 vials but the new ones still have little fibres/hairs in them.

The other source, out of 6 vials I received i can see hairs in one of them as per the pic below.

Who knows I've probably injected tons of vials that had hairs in them I just haven't inspected them up close.

How does this even happen, both sources have rave reviews and appear to work out of proper labs not kitchens.

Is it safe? does the BA keep in sterile regardless?

Can particles in vials flow through a 27g needle into your body?

If I I run these through a 0.22um filter will they be safe?

Attachments

• IMG_1074.jpeg
    IMG_1074.jpeg
    544.7 KB · Views: 152
Is it actually in the vial or is it on the outside stuck behind the label? I’ve found quite where it was on the actual label.

We generally frown on the whole, "hairs in vials" things around these parts.

As mentioned, make sure it's actually inside the vial and if so, then let's burn these bitches down. :D

If it is in the oil then i would throw it away. You could put it though a watman syringe filter. But if there is a hair in the vial i would be worried about more contamination

Did you get it from a source here on the board? Or do you mind telling the source?

Yes it is in the vial since it floats and moves around.

source in the pic is ironanabolics. The other source that replaced the vials was from another board.

The other source that replaced the vials was from another board.

That doesn't matter. Post their name too.

Fuck. That. Shit. Who knows what's in those vials that you can't see... If they can't keep hair out of them then just about anything else is possible.

The other was advancedpharma. theyve been good to me the past two years and only started slipping up recently.
Like is always said, these fuckers are only as good as their last batch.

What have either company offered to do to rectify the situation?

If they're ending up with hairs in their finished product, how much can you really trust their overall sterility procedures?

Floaters like that won't make it through a filter, so that tells you that they didn't rinse their vials out properly before filling. Either that or their filter had a hole in it.

Either way, not good.

Hence my reason for being wary of Ugl gear, I don't know what's in it. I would rather use out of date pharmacy grade, or roll my own.

It's disgusting.

Why would anybody consider using a source like this ever again, for any reason?

Make it right? WTF?

Like is always said, these fuckers are only as good as their last batch.

What have either company offered to do to rectify the situation?

AP sent me a replacement order for free but the vials had the same issue so I just binned them and moved on, haven’t reached out to iron yet since I just discovered it today.

Why would you want anything else from a source that sent you oil with a hair or any foreign contaminant in it?????

Homeboy that’s brewing probably a gear head too, maybe he’s shedding while brewing and didn’t refilter.

lmao

Capping 1000 vials can be a messy operation.

Brewers should always wear longsleeve lab coats that don't shed fibers, they should wear a cap, N95 face mask, goggles, and gloves.

Hair should never been seen in the brew.

You would think a brewer would buy a magnified lamp, or a magnified goggles like I use, they can be purchased for less than $100 and used to inspect every single vial before labeling them.

And never trust UGL without heat sterilization, doesn't matter if it looks clear or not.

Sponsors

Latest posts