Hard knots in all my injections sites...

I only use 29g slin pins to inject. I rotate between delts, glutes, and quads. All of those have hard knots in them that never go away. They've been there for a few years now. Anybody else have this issue. I've been pinning my rear delts instead of the side for the longest time and still have knots in the middle side delts.

If you have knots that are near permanent, you need to do a refresher on sterile injection procedure. Aside from that, make sure your gear is just carrier oils, BA, and if it has to have any barely enough BB to do the job.

If you inject contaminated substances, your body fights the bacteria by isolating it in a cyst then attacking. Most of the time people use contaminated gear, they don't get a systemic infection because their immune system can handle it fine, but you end up with near permanent knots from the cyst pockets left behind.

Make sure you are alcohol/Chlorohexadine padding your skin and vial, make sure you're clean in the first place (hands washed, showered recently etc) draw with a different needle than you shoot with, etc.

There's other reactions that can cause it too, intolerances to EO/BB etc, but minor contamination/localized infection are major culprits.

My only couple permanent knots are places I got slight cellulitis from contaminated material.

Last edited:
If you have knots that are near permanent, you need to do a refresher on sterile injection procedure. Aside from that, make sure your gear is just carrier oils, BA, and if it has to have any barely enough BB to do the job.

If you inject contaminated substances, your body fights the bacteria by isolating it in a cyst then attacking. Most of the time people use contaminated gear, they don't get a systemic infection because their immune system can handle it fine, but you end up with near permanent knots from the cyst pockets left behind.

Make sure you are alcohol/Chlorohexadine padding your skin and vial, make sure you're clean in the first place (hands washed, showered recently etc) draw with a different needle than you shoot with, etc.

There's other reactions that can cause it too, intolerances to EO/BB etc, but minor contamination/localized infection are major culprits.

My only couple permanent knots are places I got slight cellulitis from contaminated material.
I brew my own gear and I'm sterile about everything. 1%bb and 15-18%ba. Everthing u stated is the obvious a Beginner should know. I've been doing this for years.

I brew my own gear and I'm sterile about everything. 1%bb and 15-18%ba. Everthing u stated is the obvious a Beginner should know. I've been doing this for years.
I get that man, but you'd be surprised how easy it is to give yourself a very minor infection, which causes cyst lumps like this.

If you're only getting them sometimes, not everytime (what a reaction to BB and to much BA would cause) it's absolutely small infection pockets getting sealed off.

I work in labs man, even the best homebrewers are going to make slight errors now and then. Especially if you're not using flow hoods and such while brewing.

Your environment is sterile, but what about the environment the raw materials were produced/kept in?

I get that man, but you'd be surprised how easy it is to give yourself a very minor infection, which causes cyst lumps like this.

If you're only getting them sometimes, not everytime (what a reaction to BB and to much BA would cause) it's absolutely small infection pockets getting sealed off.

I work in labs man, even the best homebrewers are going to make slight errors now and then. Especially if you're not using flow hoods and such while brewing.
I said theyve been there for a few years now. They don't keep reappearing.i never had an infection or redness occur. They don't hurt either. I tried rubbing them to break it up but it does nothing. To me it's just permanent scar tissue in the muscle. I kinda wanna say dhb caused it but I'm not sure.

I said theyve been there for a few years now. They don't keep reappearing.i never had an infection or redness occur. They don't hurt either. I tried rubbing them to break it up but it does nothing. To me it's just permanent scar tissue in the muscle. I kinda wanna say dhb caused it but I'm not sure.
They wouldn't hurt, and they wouldn't reappear. I'm saying it's old scar tissue from mild cysts that used to be there most likely.

You're not going to develop lumps of scar tissue just sometimes if it's a weird reaction to the oil itself rather than a slight bit of bacteria getting through. You don't have to end up with cellulitis or irritation for your body to seal off a few spores. If there's anything at all there your body doesn't like, it's going to trigger an immune reaction to form those knots and isolate it.

They wouldn't hurt, and they wouldn't reappear. I'm saying it's old scar tissue from mild cysts that used to be there most likely.

You're not going to develop lumps of scar tissue just sometimes if it's a weird reaction to the oil itself rather than a slight bit of bacteria getting through. You don't have to end up with cellulitis or irritation for your body to seal off a few spores. If there's anything at all there your body doesn't like, it's going to trigger an immune reaction to form those knots and isolate it.
Oh

So how do i get rid of them?
Time and anything that works on scar tissue. IR/Red light therapy has been shown to help with cystic acne scarring and such, it might help if you use the full body standup booths. 20-30 minutes 4 times a week for a month, then maintain at once or twice a week.

Some peptides might help, I'm not sure. Possibly ghk-cu. I know there's a bunch of anti-fibrinin and other scar reversing peptides in the works

But what you're dealing with, no matter the source, is old scar tissue. It's just a bit more awkward to target because it isn't on your skin surface.

Look into anything that can treat/remove keloids, that might help.

I had something like this when I first started with gear from a guy at the gym. Once I decided to try from a reputable large UGL, I never developed a lump, ever again.

You may not see an issue with your process, but you've got to know this isn't a common experience, and the main thing that differentiates you from everyone else is your homebrew.

Oils are so cheap now, it would be worth trying some other gear, and if that works trash what you've got and call it lesson learned. It's never worth continuing with any substance that's causing a problem just to avoid "wasting" it.