Harm reduction

roidsboy1234

Hi, I'm new in this world, I learned some about AAS and now I'm interested in harm reduction. What should I check on my bloodwork? What are the protocols to avoid as much as possible side effects? I hope some of you can help.

Thanks <3.

What should I check on my bloodwork? What are the protocols to avoid as much as possible side effects?

Same things you would watch out for without steroids witht he knowledge that some things are going to be out of range almost no matter what (lipid levels etc).

What is your age and current bloodwork looking like as a natty?

Same things you would watch out for without steroids witht he knowledge that some things are going to be out of range almost no matter what (lipid levels etc).

What is your age and current bloodwork looking like as a natty?
My last bloodwork (like 6 months ago) results were all on range, doctor said I was perfect and see no problem. I'm 21 rn but not considering taking steroids till few years. That's why I want to have as much knowledge as possible. I forgot to ask in the original post, what's the mos common drugs used to help bloodwork? (i.e. for HDL/LDL, hematocrit, blood pressure...)

what's the mos common drugs used to help bloodwork?
So generally you DONT use drugs to counteract numbers.

You use drugs IF and ONLY IF you have symptoms you need to treat.

Otherwise you are just begging for a form of PIO (Pilot Induced Oscillation) where you are introducing new pharmakinetic interaction potentials because you saw a number on a test.

Not busting your balls but you have a TON more reading to do to even consider using AAS in a few years.

If you are going to start in your 20's also understand that there will be fairly little you can do to prevent the harm over the mid to long term.

Cycling off/on helps some issue to be sure but will also induce many of the recovery struggles you can see documented here on Meso.

Is this something you are considering because you are pursuing a life as a bodybuilding professional of some type?

The say to start at 25. the rationale is that everything is fully developed.

There really is no "exact" number. you dont magically become fully developed at 25 but it seems to be the most agreed on.

I was waiting until I was 25 and tore my chest. it killed my drive for the gym so I had no reason to start. I am in my 30s now and decided to run a cycle after becoming a TRT patient.

Other concerns are fertility.

I am a believer of ARB to counteract some side effects of steroids as it is beneficial for most., vitamins, fish oil. Things that you would take to improve your health even if you were NATURAL.

Learning to train is a big one as well. Different body parts technique, injury prevention. I am always in fear of injuring myself and not being able to lift.

Also make sure you have plenty of funds for "oh shit"

But since this is what you are asking

Basic is
Free and total test.
estradiol
Complete blood count
Comprehensive metabolic panel
Lipids

As time goes on, adding more substances. it might be good to add in more labs
Thyroid panel
prolactin

always have an Aromatase inhibitor or nolvadex on hand for "oh shit" moments.

So generally you DONT use drugs to counteract numbers.

You use drugs IF and ONLY IF you have symptoms you need to treat.

Otherwise you are just begging for a form of PIO (Pilot Induced Oscillation) where you are introducing new pharmakinetic interaction potentials because you saw a number on a test.
I read somewhere that things like telmisartan should be used to prevent some heart sides. Just bs or could be right?
Not busting your balls but you have a TON more reading to do to even consider using AAS in a few years.
Don't worry, I'm pretty aware that I know nothing yet.
If you are going to start in your 20's also understand that there will be fairly little you can do to prevent the harm over the mid to long term.

Cycling off/on helps some issue to be sure but will also induce many of the recovery struggles you can see documented here on Mea.
Would you say that wait till 30's would be better?
Is this something you are considering because you are pursuing a life as a bodybuilding professional of some type?
That's something that I'm trying, but probably I won't start blasting gear till have some source of income from my physique.

Would you say that wait till 30's would be better?
Almost certainly. If you are hitting the top of the natty shows consistently by that point then the path is fairly clear. If you aren't, then the drugs aren't going to transform you from a non-top natty into a top pro.
That's something that I'm trying, but probably I won't start blasting gear till have some source of income from my physique.
Good plan.
I read somewhere that things like telmisartan should be used to prevent some heart sides. Just bs or could be right?
You are going to see tons of things like that. Problem is that very very few if ANY are backed up by anything resembling the scientific method.

Most also just target some bloodpanel NUMBERS... will use ALT and AST as examples. Even as a natty these "liver" numbers will be high since you train (note they aren't exactly liver numbers at all but a signifier of byproducts from stressful training). You could go nuts "treating" these NUMBERS with all sorts of shit but why? They aren't going to be an issue since the root cause isn't from something problematic (like an issue with your liver) but rather just a test artifact from working out hard.

You can easily end up tumbling back an extra fistful of pills and several injections a day based on nothing but click-bait and ad copy. See also: SARMS.

Will these have a desirable therapeutic effect? Unlikely. Will they have demonstrable undesirable side effects? Almost certainly.

Keep it simple. Monitor your health and bloodwork, if you have a concern about something the sensible thing is to pull back to a TRT dose (or come off entirely depending on the situation) and go see the doc.

Often the roid bro go-to ends up being random additional pharmaceuticals rather than the sensible path.

You are going to see tons of things like that. Problem is that very very few if ANY are backed up by anything resembling the scientific method.

Most also just target some bloodpanel NUMBERS... will use ALT and AST as examples. Even as a natty these "liver" numbers will be high since you train (note they aren't exactly liver numbers at all but a signifier of byproducts from stressful training). You could go nuts "treating" these NUMBERS with all sorts of shit but why? They aren't going to be an issue since the root cause isn't from something problematic (like an issue with your liver) but rather just a test artifact from working out hard.

You can easily end up tumbling back an extra fistful of pills and several injections a day based on nothing but click-bait and ad copy. See also: SARMS.

Will these have a desirable therapeutic effect? Unlikely. Will they have demonstrable undesirable side effects? Almost certainly.

Keep it simple. Monitor your health and bloodwork, if you have a concern about something the sensible thing is to pull back to a TRT dose (or come off entirely depending on the situation) and go see the doc.

Often the roid bro go-to ends up being random additional pharmaceuticals rather than the sensible path.
Thanks for the help dude, I really apreciate it. Now I know where to start. Have a nice day <3

The say to start at 25. the rationale is that everything is fully developed.

There really is no "exact" number. you dont magically become fully developed at 25 but it seems to be the most agreed on.

I was waiting until I was 25 and tore my chest. it killed my drive for the gym so I had no reason to start. I am in my 30s now and decided to run a cycle after becoming a TRT patient.

Other concerns are fertility.

I am a believer of ARB to counteract some side effects of steroids as it is beneficial for most., vitamins, fish oil. Things that you would take to improve your health even if you were NATURAL.

Learning to train is a big one as well. Different body parts technique, injury prevention. I am always in fear of injuring myself and not being able to lift.

Also make sure you have plenty of funds for "oh shit"

But since this is what you are asking

Basic is
Free and total test.
estradiol
Complete blood count
Comprehensive metabolic panel
Lipids

As time goes on, adding more substances. it might be good to add in more labs
Thyroid panel
prolactin

always have an Aromatase inhibitor or nolvadex on hand for "oh shit" moments.
Noted, thanks for help.

Sponsors

Latest posts

Back