"Heavy drop-sets"

• Thread starter Deleted member 123722
  • Start date
I always ramp and drop "pyramid" even when I did alot of calisthenics, it just feels right to my body , I have to warm up way more than u guys with my ramp sets or I'll tear something, dont know if it's my labor intensive work or I just have weaker tendons and ligaments,but I've heard pros like Nasser and jay say ramp and drop always.
The important part is riding the line between fatigue and fitness then backing off. Push your body and follow it up with a de load. Don't stay in one rep range too long either, sets of 8 only work for so long and it's proven. You have two types of muscle fibers so work them both.

The important part is riding the line between fatigue and fitness then backing off. Push your body and follow it up with a de load. Don't stay in one rep range too long either, sets of 8 only work for so long and it's proven. You have two types of muscle fibers so work them both.
Not for hypertrophy.

Does anyone do cluster sets as a form of hypertrophy? I’ve been experimenting with them the last few push days and I definitely see an increase in strength. I basically ramp up to my 3 rep max, press 1 rep set it down for 15secs press 1 rep set it down for 15secs for 6 reps total. That would be 1 cluster and I try to do this for 2 clusters with the same weight haven’t completed 2 full clusters yet but I’m making progress and I’ll finish with a drop set 5-8-10 reps with significantly lower weight.

Does anyone do cluster sets as a form of hypertrophy? I’ve been experimenting with them the last few push days and I definitely see an increase in strength. I basically ramp up to my 3 rep max, press 1 rep set it down for 15secs press 1 rep set it down for 15secs for 6 reps total. That would be 1 cluster and I try to do this for 2 clusters with the same weight haven’t completed 2 full clusters yet but I’m making progress and I’ll finish with a drop set 5-8-10 reps with significantly lower weight.
I've never tried them.