Help me, filtration.

System Millipore filtration, membrane 0.45 x 47 mm nylon, realized at the time of preparation of the ethyl oleate is quite viscous, much work has to pull with a 20 cc syringe may be also ethyl oleate.

If you think EO has a high viscosity, you should try GSO. ;) (sarcasm) My brew with pure GSO, is a pain in the ass to draw from the bottle comapred to the ones, that I uesd EO with.

If you think EO has a high viscosity, you should try GSO. ;) (sarcasm) My brew with pure GSO, is a pain in the ass to draw from the bottle comapred to the ones, that I uesd EO with.
Friend you think grapeseed oil viscosity is lower than EO?

.45 is all that is needed.
.22 takes too long and both get out all particles..

No, you need more than .45um. .45um does a decent job of getting out most of the bacteria and spores and contaminants but .22um is what you should be using considering we all brew outside of a clean room and therefor are brewing in a high risk environment.

Commercially available sterile filters shall be ap- proved for human-use applications in sterilizing pharmaceutical fluids. Sterile filters used to steril- ize CSPs shall be pyrogen free and have a nominal pore size of 0.2 or 0.22 μm

Just bc you've never been infected when using a .45um filter does not mean you shouldn't use the .22 one.

I can filter 150ml of oil in a .22um filter in 25min or less depending on how much pressure I put in the system and the temps of my oils. If 25min "takes too long" to filter something that YOU ARE ABOUT TO INJECT IN YOUR BODY then I suggest you either reconsider brewing or finding more time to filter when you do brew.

No, you need more than .45um. .45um does a decent job of getting out most of the bacteria and spores and contaminants but .22um is what you should be using considering we all brew outside of a clean room and therefor are brewing in a high risk environment.
You new guys think too much..
I was brewing when you were still in diapers .. probably

.45 does not do a good job of getting out Bacteria or Staff Spores..
That's what the BA is for..
.45 gets out all particles, which is all that's needed..

.22 takes forever..
NO UGL uses a .22..
You can use it, if you like for your personal stash,
because it won't be much to filter..

I can see you using a .22 and getting spores and bacteria in the sample, anyway..

If you're using a .22 and you think no bacteria is getting in,
then I dare you not to use BA.. Let me know what happens..

OK, I've wasted enough time on this thread

You new guys think too much..
I was brewing when you were still in diapers .. probably

Lol you're assuming a lot about me but that's cool. Let me ask you this, if you're going to be injecting something into yourself, would you rather think too much or too little?

.45 does not do a good job of getting out Bacteria or Staff Spores..
That's what the BA is for..
.45 gets out all particles, which is all that's needed..

.45 gets out the particles....agreed
.45 does not do a good job of removing spores and certain pathogens....agreed

But you're wrong that BA gets out the spores or pathogens. BA will just kill them off, which is a good thing, it won't remove them from the solution. A .22um filter will remove damn near everything and the BA would then be your fail safe.

.22 takes forever..
NO UGL uses a .22..
You can use it, if you like for your personal stash,
because it won't be much to filter..

I've done 150ml of oil in under 25minutes before and that includes the time spent watching some tv during bc I'm not required to sir there and stare at the filter for 20min while it's doing it's thing. That's why I bought a vacuum pump for.

I couldn't care less what other UGLs use as a filter, I'm not using their products, partially for reasons similar to this. BTW I can think of 3 labs off hand that do use .22um filters and there are more.

If an extra 15min or so of time spent filtering your oil with a .22 filter vs a .45 filter is that much of a problem for you then It seriously puts your knowledge of sterilization into question.

I can see you using a .22 and getting spores and bacteria in the sample, anyway..

If you're using a .22 and you think no bacteria is getting in,
then I dare you not to use BA.. Let me know what happens..

OK, I've wasted enough time on this thread

The issue isn't whether you can see spores getting into the sample or not. The issue is we don't work In clean rooms. I've read stories of people brewing in rooms around pets, or with windows open, or with A/C units on....sterility is an afterthought for most when it comes to this shit so whenever you're presented with an opportunity to follow recommended practices you'd be best advised to follow them. .22 effectively removes more than a .45. A .22 is required by the Department of Health, pharmaceutical companies, compounding pharmacies, etc for most sterilizing protocols (some require even more filtration) not a .45. So I'll take "you've been brewing since i was in diapers" and I'll raise you This is coming from my cousin who is a PharmD and has worked for a pharmaceutical company and is now one of the head Pharmacists at a hospital in my state. Does your background include medical or pharmaceutical experience?

You can see the clearance rates of various types of bacteria in a .45um filter vs a .22um filter here:

image.jpg

As you can see, a .22 filter does a much better job removing bacteria and spores than the .45 which is why it's used as the standard when it comes to filtering most injectable preparations.

If you wish to take shortcuts for your own brews in the interest of saving yourself a little but of time, go right ahead. That is your right. But if you wish to advise others of taking these same shortcuts and not make them aware of the risks then you will be called out on it. Plain and simple.

Hopefully others haven't wasted their time understanding why it's always best to use a .22um filter.

Calm ☺ friends, thank you for adding to my topic, as I said I filtered 250 ml in somewhere around ten, I will test the 0.22 and exchange EO by grapeseed oil, thanks.

0,45 X 47 mm nylon, whatmam
Listen up Devil Dog..
Get yourself some Nylon Syringe from EBay..

I just paid $15 for 10ct Micron 33mm .45 membrane Nylon ..
I have 100 more coming same measurements different brand for $30..

If you are set on Cup Filter systems for larger brews, then
you can't beat the Nalgene .45 membrane 47mm Nylon..
I did 1 liter of Tren E through one of these, and it was so sweet

0,45 X 47 mm nylon, whatmam

Get yourself a whatman zapcap-cr filter .22um with a glass media jar to fit. You can hook up an automated vacuum system or use a hand pump to build vacuum. If you keep the oil warm and pull 15psi of vacuum you shouldn't have a problem with filtering.

A guy on another board wrote
that he really likes Whatman Autovials.. I've seen them bigger than 10ml too..

When I did a stretch at Pelican Bay, I
filtered my gear through a dress sock

[QUOTE = "Docd187123, post: 1163403, membro: 62972"] Arranja um .22um filtro zapcap-cr Cartolina com um frasco de vidro de mídia para se adequar. Você pode ligar um sistema de vácuo automatizada ou usar uma bomba manual para construir vácuo. Se você mantiver o óleo quente e puxar 15 psi de vácuo você não deve ter um problema com a filtragem. [/ QUOTE]
Obrigado

Some of these post I see are funny I know im new here but not new.....u need .22 filter and About it taking too long...who cares if ur using bottle top and a pump just set back and let it do its thing and if ur using the throw aways some say zapcaps the best. I uses a filter assembly tho. U do not want to bake ur gear either ...make sure u get it into a solution with using least amount of heat.