Help with Cholesterol and BP Meds

Great man! Don't forget you can be treated for most things by Sesame for $29. They can order bloodwork (paid by your insurance) and take care of
your cholesterol issue if you'd rather not wait. I see they offer "Official sick note" services now too, lol.

Enjoy CostCo, plenty of high quality, cheap protein.
Oh nice! I saw where you can upload a document so I could send them my bloodwork for the cholesterol And yes! Now instead of getting 10 rolls of toilet paper I can by like 500 at a time, but the protein thing I didn’t even think about it lol great advice, glad I found this forum. Who knew doing research could help save your life?

For the lipids, I'd recommend a combo of rosuvastatin 10mg, ezetimibe 10mg and bempedoic acid 180mg. That should halve your LDL. The statin is at a low enough dose that it shouldn't cause any adverse side effects and the combo of ezetimibe and bempedoic acid work in a complementary fashion. If you can get insurance to cover it, the branded version is "Nexlizet" in the US.

Alternately, get the statin and the ezetimibe which insurance should cover and order "Bempesta" from an Indian supplier.

An old school cardiologist would probably prescribe statin mono-therapy at a higher dose which isn't nearly as effective as the combo I mentioned and has a greater likelihood of adverse side effects like myalgia or insulin sensitivity.

For the lipids, I'd recommend a combo of rosuvastatin 10mg, ezetimibe 10mg and bempedoic acid 180mg. That should halve your LDL. The statin is at a low enough dose that it shouldn't cause any adverse side effects and the combo of ezetimibe and bempedoic acid work in a complementary fashion. If you can get insurance to cover it, the branded version is "Nexlizet" in the US.

Alternately, get the statin and the ezetimibe which insurance should cover and order "Bempesta" from an Indian supplier.
Thank you! I just took a screen shot of this. I’m going to reach out again tomorrow and send over my blood work I got from Algo so I can get that under control. You guys have been super helpful

Good job @Ghoul
now the question why amlodipine and not nebivolol with the telmisartan?

Mainly from following this protocol, based in the latest guidance from the large cardiology associations, where Beta Blockers are reserved for patients with atrial fibrillation:

IMG_9065.webp

IMG_9066.webp

He wanted Telmasartin, an ARB, and Amlodipine is a Calcium Channel blocker, a combination therapy advised here, at the lowest doses.

In addition, they advise a single pill combo if possible, and these two are available in one pill.

After 2-4 weeks, if BP is still uncontrolled, they advise up to 2 titration steps up, but avoiding the maximum dose is preferable (max doses usually have sides). Since this combo is available as 4 levels he can go up two more levels if necessary, then if still not controlled he can add a third low dose med if necessary. In fact a single pill three med combo is available with Telm, Amlodipine, and a diuretic.

Mainly from following this protocol, based in the latest guidance from the large cardiology associations, where Beta Blockers are reserved for patients with atrial fibrillation:

View attachment 297099

He wanted Telmasartin, an ARB, and Amlodipine is a Calcium Channel blocker, a combination therapy advised here, at the lowest doses.

In addition, they advise a single pill combo if possible, and these two are available in one pill.

After 2-4 weeks, if BP is still uncontrolled, they advise up to 2 titration steps up, but avoiding the maximum dose is preferable (max doses usually have sides). Since this combo is available as 4 levels he can go up two more levels if necessary, then if still not controlled he can add a third low dose med if necessary. In fact a single pill three med combo is available with Telm, Amlodipine, and a diuretic.
But doesn't he have high HR too, is that from the BP? Because I was reading nebivolol is the first medication used for HHR that's why I was curious of the telmi amlodipine combo.

Telmisartan max dosage is 160 isn't it?

An old school cardiologist would probably prescribe statin mono-therapy at a higher dose which isn't nearly as effective as the combo I mentioned and has a greater likelihood of adverse side effects like myalgia or insulin sensitivity.
Quick question on the Indian supplier. I actually looked at ordering from a company that was recommended called All Day Chemist. Is it normal for the ship times to be super long? Like 4 weeks? Just curious if there are other options. Since this is a source type question not sure if I can ask this here.

Quick question on the Indian supplier. I actually looked at ordering from a company that was recommended called All Day Chemist. Is it normal for the ship times to be super long? Like 4 weeks? Just curious if there are other options. Since this is a source type question not sure if I can ask this here.

India pharma can deliver from a week to 4 weeks+. The savings are incredible and really empower you over your healthcare.

PCT24x7 is a sponser here has very good pricing.

PCT.Zone also a sponser an has a US warehouse for fast delivery but at significantly higher prices.

Lately for "basic" generic meds I find a way to get a prescription online and pay with GoodRx if my insurance won't cover it, or I want to "stock up", I'll have the prescription sent to a pharmacy my insurance isn't on file with (so they don't see I've already had it dispensed). To be clear, I'm not talking about any controlled substances (which are in their own database every pharmacy can see).

IMG_9067.webp

India pharma can deliver from a week to 4 weeks+. The savings are incredible and really empower you over your healthcare.

PCT24x7 is a sponser here has very good pricing.

PCT.Zone also a sponser an has a US warehouse for fast delivery but at significantly higher prices.

Lately for "basic" generic meds I find a way to get a prescription online and pay with GoodRx.

View attachment 297105
Ok awesome. Because talking with some people I trust it seems like it can be hard to 1. Find a good GP 2. They won’t listen and like you said they prescribe what they want. I’ve learned more on here in the last two hours than a doctor has ever told me. And it seems like people I trust in this community know how to mitigate problems associated with AAS use better than a GCP.

View attachment 297099

View attachment 297101

Makes sense, I have just discovered indapamide doesn't give insulin resistance like the other thiazide or like-thiazide diuretics. FFS gonna grab some tomorrow maybe it will fix my HHR problem in combo with telmi/nebi

You could start with basic generic rosuvastatin and ezetimibe. Try to get a prescription for Nexlizet, verifying insurance coverage, while also ordering bempedoic acid from one of the providers like pct.zone or pct24x7. Nexlizet from GoodRX is $231/mo, so that's a non-starter. They do have a copay card, which you can shoot for if you care enough to go through a doctor, get a prescription, try your insurance, and then solicit.

In general, I would expect 10mg rosuvastatin to drop your LDL by 40%, ezetimibe to drop it by 10%, and bempedoic acid by 20%. It's not a bad idea to start them sequentially to see if you side effects arise.

Finally, Repatha is a great option if you can get it. It's closer to $600/mo as a private payer, and they also have a copay card.

Presently, I'm running that whole gamut and I'm sitting here with an LDL-C of 17mg/dL and an ApoB of 32mg/dL.

But doesn't he have high HR too, is that from the BP? Because I was reading nebivolol is the first medication used for HHR that's why I was curious of the telmi amlodipine combo.

Telmisartan max dosage is 160 isn't it?

No Telm is only 20, 40 or 80. The
Telm/Amlodipine is 40/5, 40/10, 80/5, 80/10.

Without symptoms like chest pain or shortness of breath, beta blockers aren't prescribed (generally) until RHR is over 100.

Also, the Amlodipine will slow heart rate a little.

You could start with basic generic rosuvastatin and ezetimibe. Try to get a prescription for Nexlizet, verifying insurance coverage, while also ordering bempedoic acid from one of the providers like pct.zone or pct24x7. Nexlizet from GoodRX is $231/mo, so that's a non-starter. They do have a copay card, which you can shoot for if you care enough to go through a doctor, get a prescription, try your insurance, and then solicit.

In general, I would expect 10mg rosuvastatin to drop your LDL by 40%, ezetimibe to drop it by 10%, and bempedoic acid by 20%. It's not a bad idea to start them sequentially to see if you side effects arise.

Finally, Repatha is a great option if you can get it. It's closer to $600/mo as a private payer, and they also have a copay card.

Presently, I'm running that whole gamut and I'm sitting here with an LDL-C of 17mg/dL and an ApoB of 32mg/dL.
Damn that’s a great improvement. So basically like you would before adding a bunch of gear to your cycle as a newer guy. Start with one, see how it’s working and if there are sides, then add, etc. Good news is I do have insurance so I’m hoping the doc will listen. If not, I found everything on the sponsor’s website here for dirt cheap, but it’s their India warehouse so it would take some time. But it’s just great to know where to start.

Damn that’s a great improvement. So basically like you would before adding a bunch of gear to your cycle as a newer guy. Start with one, see how it’s working and if there are sides, then add, etc. Good news is I do have insurance so I’m hoping the doc will listen. If not, I found everything on the sponsor’s website here for dirt cheap, but it’s their India warehouse so it would take some time. But it’s just great to know where to start.

As a general rule for ancillaries and gear, have a "buffer" supply, and try to anticipate what you need several months in advance. Most of what we use has years long shelf lives (most tablets last 10 years+ regardless of expiration date),

You really need to anticipate potentially long delivery times, confiscations, and sources drying up without notice.

As a general rule for ancillaries and gear, have a "buffer" supply, and try to anticipate what you need several months in advance. Most of what we use has years long shelf lives (most tablets last 10 years+ regardless of expiration date),

You really need to anticipate potentially long delivery times, confiscations, and sources drying up without notice.
Got it. Over prepare. Don’t wait and scramble.

Got it. Over prepare. Don’t wait and scramble.

Yeah, you get spoiled by consistant delivery times then all of a sudden 2 weeks becomes 2 months. You see it all over the source forum.

I was in the midst of an accutane cycle, decided I needed to go longer than expected, ordered from 3 sources just to make sure I didn't run out, a month in advance, and despite all previously delivering in 7-10 days, only one showed up in the nick of time. One sat in customs for weeks. Another was confiscated by the FDA "for my protection", and another flew back and forth between Mumbai and Frankfurt for 20 days before arriving in the US.

All Day Chemist is usually more expensive.
T/A is on par with other international to US sources (within a month).
They accept credit card. Some people still dislike bitcoin so there's that.

Back