HGH and lump in throat aka globus sensation

Lord Commander

Hey! I am diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism and normally take 25 to 50 mcg of levothyroxine a day. That is enough for me. Without taking it i just have a bit more water retention but my energy levels are still okay. Before starting HGH(2IU a day) i preloaded 150mcg levothyroxine a day for around 2 weeks. In only a couple of days of HGH use i started having this sensation of having a lump in my throat which makes my gag rexlex very sensitive and especially during evenings i might gag a little bit if i don't drink enough water. My voice is quite hoarse too. Noticed i've been having restless legs in the evening too. I wasn't expecting having to take such a high dose of levothyroxine to maintain good metabolism with HGH. Have anyone else here had similar reactions to HGH?

"while HGH itself doesn't directly affect thyroid hormone synthesis, it can influence their levels indirectly through several mechanisms:

Feedback Mechanism: HGH can influence the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid (HPT) axis, which regulates thyroid hormone production. When HGH levels are elevated, they can affect the feedback mechanisms involved in controlling the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) from the pituitary gland. High levels of HGH may disrupt this feedback loop, leading to altered TSH secretion and subsequently affecting T4 levels.

Peripheral Conversion: T4 is converted to the more biologically active T3 in peripheral tissues, such as the liver and kidneys. HGH can modulate the activity of enzymes involved in this conversion process. Elevated levels of HGH may enhance the conversion of T4 to T3, leading to a decrease in T4 levels. Alternatively, in some cases, HGH may inhibit this conversion, leading to an accumulation of T4.

Thyroid-Binding Proteins: Thyroid hormones circulate in the bloodstream bound to carrier proteins, primarily thyroxine-binding globulin (TBG). Changes in TBG levels can influence the availability of thyroid hormones. HGH can affect the production and activity of TBG, thereby altering the binding capacity of thyroid hormones and potentially affecting their circulating levels.

Metabolic Effects: HGH influences metabolic processes, including carbohydrate and lipid metabolism. Thyroid hormones also play a role in regulating metabolism. Changes in HGH levels can indirectly affect metabolic pathways that are also influenced by thyroid hormones, leading to alterations in thyroid hormone levels as a secondary effect.

Pathological Conditions: Abnormalities in HGH secretion or signaling pathways can lead to various pathological conditions, including acromegaly (excess growth hormone production) or growth hormone deficiency. These conditions may be associated with disturbances in thyroid hormone levels due to the complex interplay between HGH and thyroid function."

The reason why I increased my dose of T4 is to make sure that the side effects I'm having is not caused by it's deficiency. Low cortisol is another thing I might be suffering from because I feel like I can't handle stress very well while using HGH. 200mcg is as high as i'm going to go with T4. But if my condition doesn't improve then i'm just gonna drop the HGH and go without it.

or u can go back to your prescribed dose..
I was there but i had more side effects then like wheezing when breathing. I believe that is one of the more severe side effects of hypothyroidism. I mean the first day when i started HGH i felt amazing and felt warm and like i had a fast metabolism. 2nd and 3rd day was ok and since then it has slowed down a bit.

Sounds like you might need a doctor and definitely some bloodwork. Wheezing when breathing doesn't sound good man

Sounds like you might need a doctor and definitely some bloodwork. Wheezing when breathing doesn't sound good man
I don't have that symptom anymore. That was resolved by taking more T4. My guess is the thyroid grew in size(goiter) which compressed on my windpipe causing the wheezing during breathing...