Hi all. 48m just started first cycle

madfkndogmax

It’s good to be here. I’ve lurked for a while and learned a lot. Enjoyed a few spats too; however it’s mostly good natured and supportive here, which is great.

I’ve been in the gym for 20+ years, but poor genetics and inconsistency have thwarted me. My biggest fault was probably my inability to push myself to do the hard stuff. Still, the gym has been a good thing in my life.
Also, my diet was shit until a few months ago. I have a sugar issue - eat candy by the handfull. Anyway, i went cold Turkey and also skipping the cookies and cake.

Until last week I’ve been natural and never really used supplements. I’m a bit over 6’4” and 91kg (200 lbs).

I’ve started with test cyp 500mg - dosing on Mondays and Thursdays (started last week) with daily Anavar at 40 mg (started today). I plan on going for 6 weeks and then PCT with Clomid and Nolva.

The goal is to put on a few kg of lean muscle and drop a few kg of custard, but also keen to see if the changes makes me happier. I’m not depressed or anything, but I’m living in Sweden and it’s not home, so perhaps it’s all a bit of a malaise. But I got the gear through (on the second attempt) so that’s nice.

Anyway, this is boring as shit. All the best to all of you.

Update on your cycle ?
Sorry for the delayed response. I’m actually surprised someone gives a shit! Writing this out helps me think about how it’s going and so far so good - in my 5th week now. Made some mistakes but hopefully learning from them.

Cycle update:
I backed off the Anavar shortly after i started (due to reading the advice of smarter people on here) - after 2 weeks I dropped the dose to 20mg per day for the 2 weeks and then cut it. If I had my time again I would do it very differently.The plan is now to continue on Test Cyp at 500mg for 16 weeks (250mg each Monday and Thursday).

Strength:
Strength has improved - up 10kg on bench. I’d guess that I’m up 10% across the board. I am having some issues with my SI joint, so I’ve backed up the squats and deadlifts, which is a shame. It has nothing to do with the gear - it’s just bad timing. I will get back into the big exercises in.a couple more weeks once the osteopath gets back from holidays. The training is focused on hypertrophy 6 days a week, hitting each body part twice a week while ensuring I give each at least 2 days off.

Weight / Diet:
I’ve added 7kg but I’m definitely carrying some water. The diet is better than it was - the feedback loop from eating shit is pretty quick, so I’ve cut right back on the salt and fat.

Appearance:
My wife is pretty happy; although she’d blow up if she knew what I was up to. She thinks I’m on a fancy new protein powder or something, but she really knows fitness (ignorant as all f*ck when it comes to PEDs) so I can’t imagine I’ll get away with it for too long.
I will get some pics to show progress. Give me another day or so. I’ve trimmed up a bit but not enough to spot an ab yet. My clothes are getting tighter in the right places, but I’m not keen to buy a new wardrobe and will cut the cycle short if I need to. Muscles look more full, but I’m not ripped or anything. I now understand the importance of being lean before kicking off with this stuff.

Wellbeing:
I feel pretty good. No big buzz or anything, but I am in a good place mentallly. I’m looking better and I’m happy about that. No big kick in the libido has been disappointing. It’s no change really - it’s still all working the same, but I was hoping for more.

Health:
Blood pressure is up a bit - it’s usually about 125/75 but it’s 135/80 now. It jumped after I ate shit for a couple of days.

Overall, I’m pretty happy, and while I’ve made mistakes, I’m glad to be on the journey. I’ll get some pics up.

At 48 I would advise NOT to attempt pct unless there is a fertility issue involved. Hormones fluctuations are really counter productive health wise. Drop to true trt something like 120mg-170mg test per week, draw bloods and adjust the dosage accordingly

Sorry for the delayed response. I’m actually surprised someone gives a shit! Writing this out helps me think about how it’s going and so far so good - in my 5th week now. Made some mistakes but hopefully learning from them.

Cycle update:
I backed off the Anavar shortly after i started (due to reading the advice of smarter people on here) - after 2 weeks I dropped the dose to 20mg per day for the 2 weeks and then cut it. If I had my time again I would do it very differently.The plan is now to continue on Test Cyp at 500mg for 16 weeks (250mg each Monday and Thursday).

Strength:
Strength has improved - up 10kg on bench. I’d guess that I’m up 10% across the board. I am having some issues with my SI joint, so I’ve backed up the squats and deadlifts, which is a shame. It has nothing to do with the gear - it’s just bad timing. I will get back into the big exercises in.a couple more weeks once the osteopath gets back from holidays. The training is focused on hypertrophy 6 days a week, hitting each body part twice a week while ensuring I give each at least 2 days off.

Weight / Diet:
I’ve added 7kg but I’m definitely carrying some water. The diet is better than it was - the feedback loop from eating shit is pretty quick, so I’ve cut right back on the salt and fat.

Appearance:
My wife is pretty happy; although she’d blow up if she knew what I was up to. She thinks I’m on a fancy new protein powder or something, but she really knows fitness (ignorant as all f*ck when it comes to PEDs) so I can’t imagine I’ll get away with it for too long.
I will get some pics to show progress. Give me another day or so. I’ve trimmed up a bit but not enough to spot an ab yet. My clothes are getting tighter in the right places, but I’m not keen to buy a new wardrobe and will cut the cycle short if I need to. Muscles look more full, but I’m not ripped or anything. I now understand the importance of being lean before kicking off with this stuff.

Wellbeing:
I feel pretty good. No big buzz or anything, but I am in a good place mentallly. I’m looking better and I’m happy about that. No big kick in the libido has been disappointing. It’s no change really - it’s still all working the same, but I was hoping for more.

Health:
Blood pressure is up a bit - it’s usually about 125/75 but it’s 135/80 now. It jumped after I ate shit for a couple of days.

Overall, I’m pretty happy, and while I’ve made mistakes, I’m glad to be on the journey. I’ll get some pics up.
We give a shit. You should have ran 10-12 wks for better results.

They say it’s important to have good break between cycles….
How’s it going for
They say it’s important to have a good break between cycles….
How’s it going for you?

ha! yeah, 25 years was a good break

I did 4 weeks of 375mg test cyp
(250 mg/ml, 3x per week of 125mg)
Then 1 week of 250mg test cyp
(2x that week of 125mg)

Just like 1st cycle 25 years ago, put on weight very quickly.

But am stopping the cycle early - back is breaking out.

For last week, and going forward, will do TRT.
Right now that is 1x every 3 days of 50mg, test cyp.

Back breakout aside, I’m happy with the results.

Will try another cycle pretty soon.

We give a shit. You should have ran 10-12 wks for better results.

At 48 I would advise NOT to attempt pct unless there is a fertility issue involved. Hormones fluctuations are really counter productive health wise. Drop to true trt something like 120mg-170mg test per week, draw bloods and adjust the dosage accordingly
That’s interesting!
I hadn’t thought of that - I don’t ever stop to think I’m as old as I am.

I’m going to look into this! Thank you.