High DHT/ but low testosterone from cream

TomG130

20% compounded empower pharmacy cream. I understand that the cream is known to raise DHT, but I thought it would raise it alongside high T? How did I manage to get High DHT, but low testosterone? I felt awful obviously. Just irritable agitation.

Since DHT comes from T I don’t even understand how it could be high while T was low. Also I applied at 8pm the night before, so I don’t get how people apply once in the morning and have 800-1100 testosterone meanwhile I applied morning and night and my T was that low?

I was applying on my scrotum. it possible that that the excess Dht conversion actually “steals” testosterone and converts it too rapidly to dht? I might try application elsewhere to see if raises my T and lowers dht. It just doesn’t make sense because clearly the cream is absorbing.

Either that or I just require a higher dose and my dht will go to like 500, but my testosterone will also go into a good spot. I’m also wondering is 197 not even that high for scrotal application, it’s above range but people say they get high levels, but how high? Maybe my dose just isn’t high enough overall and if I get a proper dose I’ll see both T and dht go higher

Has anybody seen this before ?

And yes it is testosterone cream and not DHT cream.

Attachments

• IMG_1356.png
    IMG_1356.png
    647.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Dang, I haven't seen any bloods with DHT measured from dudes on the scrotal cream but out of the people I know that use it they all love it. Almost everyone I know who uses the scrotal cream has total T around 1,000ng/dL. I could see how excess conversion via 5-alpha-reductase could lower total T but that much is crazy.

What's your diet like? Maybe try increasing your consumption of 5AR inhibitors (cruciferous vegetables, edamame, onions, etc) and see if that helps your symptoms.

Otherwise like you suggested try applying part of your dose on another part of your body, some guys will use the penis glans (this can increase penis sensitivity just so you know) or shoulders.

Another thing to consider is the cream base as some guys have luck with the HRT cream base and others prefer the Atrevis base. I'd definitely bring these results up to your doctor and see what they think. Assuming everything except free T is measured in ng/dL you've got almost a 1:1 ratio of T to DHT which is way out of range, maybe there is some additional testing they can order to see if something else is causing your issues. Hopefully you're able to figure it out if you haven't already, best of luck!

I'm on 20% compounded cream in Atrevis base for a year. Two clicks am will get me to 3200ng/dl total testosterone so your problems lie elsewhere. My doc stopped using empower bc he said his patients were having problems with low test numbers sometimes. They apparently don't know what they're doing over there. Use Medquest in Utah. The next biggest issue is how you apply. You need to apply after a shave and shower for the best absorption. Freshly shaved clean skin gives the best numbers. I tested two clicks without shaving a few days and I showered the night before and my total testosterone dropped from 3200ng/dl to 1600ng/dl. So that's half absoprtion. Finally, some men just don't seem to absorb cream well. But if I were you I would try getting it from medquest , shave and shower, and see what base yours is in. Atrevis base is the newest and best absorption but I believe more expensive than hrt base or the others.
View: https://youtu.be/il-s01wT7C4?si=POfc9tKigzl1LKDv