high TT levels but still drag

the-hollow

TLDR; anyone prematurely get on TRT (clinic or self administered)

170(ish) [dropped from 226lbs]
TT 805

In my 20s and early 30s I would cycle test/deca. My last test only cycle i stopped at 32 to have my kids. Haven't done anything since. 2018 I was dragging and tested to see what was going on. I had 500s TT & free was 11. I dropped 56 pounds eating healthy (keto) & portion control. I feel like I lack confidence, motivation, reduced muscle mass, etc, all the signs of low T. This has been going on for a few years. Got tested again (clinic didn't test for SHBG or Free T - weird). My TT was 805. All my other levels (full panel) are mid range.

curious if any guys my age have had this issue. What did you do? 18 week test cyp cycle to see if you improve? F off and keep pushing through? I've tried lifestyle changes, diet changes, vitamins, walk a few miles per day. Not to sure what else to try (can't take SSRIs-make me manic)

I see young men run cycles and I was 1 of them. I'm not looking to get swole but I miss the confidence, energy, being happy. My wife is supportive no matter what I choose and I already have my kids so fertility isn't an issue. I know it's my choice still open to suggestions.
20231229_124405.jpg

TLDR; anyone prematurely get on TRT (clinic or self administered)

170(ish) [dropped from 226lbs]
TT 805

In my 20s and early 30s I would cycle test/deca. My last test only cycle i stopped at 32 to have my kids. Haven't done anything since. 2018 I was dragging and tested to see what was going on. I had 500s TT & free was 11. I dropped 56 pounds eating healthy (keto) & portion control. I feel like I lack confidence, motivation, reduced muscle mass, etc, all the signs of low T. This has been going on for a few years. Got tested again (clinic didn't test for SHBG or Free T - weird). My TT was 805. All my other levels (full panel) are mid range.

curious if any guys my age have had this issue. What did you do? 18 week test cyp cycle to see if you improve? F off and keep pushing through? I've tried lifestyle changes, diet changes, vitamins, walk a few miles per day. Not to sure what else to try (can't take SSRIs-make me manic)

I see young men run cycles and I was 1 of them. I'm not looking to get swole but I miss the confidence, energy, being happy. My wife is supportive no matter what I choose and I already have my kids so fertility isn't an issue. I know it's my choice still open to suggestions.
View attachment 273603
Pull a proper TT by LCMS / FT by equilibrium dialysis and SHBG if you want to compare calculated FT to the FT measurement.

Then you can rule in or out hypogonadism.

I empathize. The 40s are a time of profound change. Throwing more T at it won't help if you are eugonadal.

Ulta labs has great prices. Use discount code on front page for 20% off. They run through Quest.

Last edited:

Ridiculously inexpensive with the 20% code.

Discountedlabs similarly priced.

Let me know if you want a 20% code for latter.

PS. Congrats on the recomp! Well done.

Ridiculously inexpensive with the 20% code.

Discountedlabs similarly priced.

Let me know if you want a 20% code for latter.

PS. Congrats on the recomp! Well done.
I appreciate it. I'll definitely get that done.

I guess there's no rush and might as well do thing correct.

It was check and that seems fine. I'm going to get the good testosterone test around the 10th. Once I get that I'll have a better picture I guess. Had 2 complete panels run in the past 4 months and they both came back fine. It could be I'm just getting older and 805 is low for me. I know my brother did cycles with me and he always tested as far as total test. Once I get it though I'll post once I get them. Thanks
TSH, fT3, fT4

Good point. Dirt cheap as well.
TsH was 4.25, listed as high. My pcp said just to monitor but didn't indicate it was part of the issue.

Get a full hormone workup. But much of feeling good is mental. And mid life crisis is often not about T levels. Stress, lack of rest, diet expectations in life tend to sway things a lot from my experience. I passed middle age a coupe decades back.

Sponsors