Home brewing list of items needed

This was really cool of you to do. It looks very thorough so far. Maybe filters, I suppose it depends on the type of brewing that one is engaged in. If for personal use, syringe filters are the way to go. For large batches, the vacuum method and associated filter types are the way.

This was really cool of you to do. It looks very thorough so far. Maybe filters, I suppose it depends on the type of brewing that one is engaged in. If for personal use, syringe filters are the way to go. For large batches, the vacuum method and associated filter types are the way.
In the list you will find both syringe filters and bottle top filters. So ppl can choose whatever works best for them :)

OMG, it is the first thing on the list lol. I don't know how I missed that. It is thorough indeed. I'm curious about the 3% liquid chlorine. What is that used for? Is that bleach?

OMG, it is the first thing on the list lol. I don't know how I missed that. It is thorough indeed. I'm curious about the 3% chorine. What is that used for? Is that bleach?
Yeah it's for sterilising the work environment and everything it will be used as well.

Alcohol don't kill mold for example and other stuff as well. It's good to disinfect the skin before an injection but it's not that great to make various instruments sterile.
Chlorine is a recommended.

So you spray the chlorine all over everything and around the working area and wait 15-20 minutes and then start brewing.

That's what has been suggested to me from @narta

Benzyl Benzoate

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1268295535/benzyl-benzoate-usp-bulk-wholesale-free?ref=share_v4_lx

Benzyl Alcohol

Syringe filters

PTFE 33mm 0.22 micron

Hotplate/stir

VEVOR 1L Heating Magnetic Stirrer Hot Plate W/ Stir Bar 0-2000R/Min Vortex Mixer Distillation Kit Chemistry Laboratory Equipment

Add pressure cooker that goes up to 15psi if you want to have an option for self sterilization of parts

Here are autoclave bags that work for our purposes in sterilization of vials after a very good clean.

Benzyl Benzoate

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1268295535/benzyl-benzoate-usp-bulk-wholesale-free?ref=share_v4_lx

Benzyl Alcohol

Syringe filters

PTFE 33mm 0.22 micron

Hotplate/stir

VEVOR 1L Heating Magnetic Stirrer Hot Plate W/ Stir Bar 0-2000R/Min Vortex Mixer Distillation Kit Chemistry Laboratory Equipment

Add pressure cooker that goes up to 15psi if you want to have an option for self sterilization of parts

Here are autoclave bags that work for our purposes in sterilization of vials after a very good clean.

syringe filters are already there, first line xD
Same as yours, added autoclave bags and the BB/BA different shops, Added pressure cooker 15psi
That hotplate stir is shit I'll add another alternative of vevor

Attached list updated:

Attachments

Benzyl Benzoate

Benzyl Alcohol

Syringe filters

PTFE 33mm 0.22 micron

Hotplate/stir

Are autoclave bags supposed to remain open while autoclaving then sealed afterwards? I've heard multiple sides to this - bags need to be left unsealed for steam to sterilize the vial or bags can be sealed because steam can penetrate the membrane of the bags.

The purpose of using autoclave bags is to ensure the vials stay sterilized during storage?

Чи повинні пакети для автоклавування залишатися відкритими під час автоклавування, а потім закриватися? Я чув кілька сторін цього: пакети потрібно залишити незапечатаними, щоб пара стерилізувала флакон, або пакети можна запечатати, оскільки пара може проникнути через мембрану пакетів.

Метою використання пакетів для автоклавування є забезпечення стерилізації флаконів під час зберігання?
The package must be sealed before autoclaving.

Benzyl Benzoate

Benzyl Alcohol

Syringe filters

PTFE 33mm 0.22 micron

Hotplate/stir

I’d probably opt for the ba and bb from a reputable company like med lab supply, if you want a quality product. I wouldn’t buy something I’m going to inject off Etsy lol

Yeah it's for sterilising the work environment and everything it will be used as well.

Alcohol don't kill mold for example and other stuff as well. It's good to disinfect the skin before an injection but it's not that great to make various instruments sterile.
Chlorine is a recommended.

So you spray the chlorine all over everything and around the working area and wait 15-20 minutes and then start brewing.

That's what has been suggested to me from @narta
I love the smell of the YMCA, I’m sold lol

Just grabbed a pack of 33mm PTFE, a little sad I'm only probably only going to be brewing test tho :(

They're hydrophobic, does that mean I'll need to buy filters specifically for making bac water?

Just grabbed a pack of 33mm PTFE, a little sad I'm only probably only going to be brewing test tho :(

They're hydrophobic, does that mean I'll need to buy filters specifically for making bac water?
yes or just buy USP/BP/PH.EUR Benzyl alcohol and no need to filter anything, or just filter the BA into the sterile water (that don't need any filtering as it is already sterile xD)

Back