• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

How much do you feel “good”?

jJjburton

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
How much of the year would you say you feel good?

or productive/accomplishment as this usually makes me feel the best out of everything.

with covid trying to find positive outlets to feel more consistently good.

I would say in 1 month time i feel good probably half of the time and a quarter of the time below average then the other quarter feel like a bum. At this point in my life. I have gone through much worse, and have worked hard to get where i am now. But hoping there is more consistancy, in the future.

then when i accomplish a task that i have been working hard for this feels great. Maybe 2x a year.

especially with no work.

Would you say you feel consistantly good?
what makes you feel this way?

Good post man! I honestly used to feel the same way! I worked like a dog and got a lot of material success in return. It didn't do it for me at all. I was still depressed and boozing too much and engaging in higher risk behavior.

If this makes sense, it was when I turned that material success into something. In my case I got a farm and have been focused on turning it into a paradise for future generations to enjoy. Helping my neighbors. Got dogs and took the time to make them happy. After a kid I got a lot happier too. Turning bullshit paper dollars into something real and helpful. I still work a lot but when I come home I take the time to improve myself mentally, emotionally, physically. In turn that improvement in my self help those around me. That's is a huge source of joy in my life!

Good post man! I honestly used to feel the same way! I worked like a dog and got a lot of material success in return. It didn't do it for me at all. I was still depressed and boozing too much and engaging in higher risk behavior.

If this makes sense, it was when I turned that material success into something. In my case I got a farm and have been focused on turning it into a paradise for future generations to enjoy. Helping my neighbors. Got dogs and took the time to make them happy. After a kid I got a lot happier too. Turning bullshit paper dollars into something real and helpful. I still work a lot but when I come home I take the time to improve myself mentally, emotionally, physically. In turn that improvement in my self help those around me. That's is a huge source of joy in my life!
That is awesome, this is exactly the positive routes that seems to be key.
It really makes a huge difference to feel like that, and that you were able to put that into action, is impressive and motivating to hear.

Would you say you always felt this way?
Are certain years or times better then others?
Is it like a streak of feeling good? Or sporadic?

I feel good 90% of the time. Aside from just worn out from training I feel great a majority of the time.

And for the record, I live in a small house and don't really have any payments on anything besides 1 vehicle payment , which I just recently purchased. I blow my money on trips and fun with the family.

The thing is this; you have to stay in motion and you can't lose that sense of adventure. Burdening yourself with too many expenses takes away from that

That is awesome, this is exactly the positive routes that seems to be key.
It really makes a huge difference to feel like that, and that you were able to put that into action, is impressive and motivating to hear.
I fell off so many times along the way. Got self absorbed and treated people like shit! Got upset at the state of or species and lashed out. Took it out on my family, obviously not in any serious way.....just kinda ignored and became a bit distant. I know that doesn't have sold too bad but it really is. When you don't give what they need to grow.

The year after I moved out to the farm I seriously injured my back. Couldn't even pick up my 1 year old. Doctor's wanted to fuse my spine. So my career as a tradesman looked to be over and I wasn't any help on the farm. I wasn't much of a dad.....drinking heavily for a little bit....... I knew I would never fight again..... I had only 2 choices. Grab my Glock and eat one, or find another way and keep pushing down that road somehow.

Still in the winters I feel like shit for a bit here and there.

It all comes and goes. That shit doesn't matter as long as we keep pushing forward and growing!!!!

Set your plan and stick with it.

I.O.T.A

Intention
Objective
Tactic
Action

Let me just add, I didn't always feel good. I sort of had to get away from the way most ppl live in order to feel good. My last cell phone was bought like 5 or 6 years ago, however I could blow money on a steak dinner everyday if I wanted to. Of course the average person would think that blowing the money on steak is ridiculous and would rather have the latest technology.

Let me just add, I didn't always feel good. I sort of had to get away from the way most ppl live in order to feel good. My last cell phone was bought like 5 or 6 years ago, however I could blow money on a steak dinner everyday if I wanted to. Of course the average person would think that blowing the money on steak is ridiculous and would rather have the latest technology.

I will take the family out for that steak dinner over any shitty piece of technology! We don't have a tv or internet for a reason.

I will take the family out for that steak dinner over any shitty piece of technology! We don't have a tv or internet for a reason.
Yea, because aside from the dinner it's really just time spent together and fellowship with one another. The opposite of motherfucking isolation, which everyone is doing now!!

Yea, because aside from the dinner it's really just time spent together and fellowship with one another. The opposite of motherfucking isolation, which everyone is doing now!!

It was the greatest time we have ever had when the plants shut down and I didn't work for 3 months. Yeah money was a bit tight but we barely noticed. Family all day every day. We loved every minute!

This does make a huge difference, its amazing. When away from the screentime, feeling so much better and in tuned with yourself. Then when on the screen, that vanishes, and get stuck in zombi mode.
I think putting away the phones and screens is part of my plan.

I feel good 90% of the time. Aside from just worn out from training I feel great a majority of the time.

And for the record, I live in a small house and don't really have any payments on anything besides 1 vehicle payment , which I just recently purchased. I blow my money on trips and fun with the family.

The thing is this; you have to stay in motion and you can't lose that sense of adventure. Burdening yourself with too many expenses takes away from that
It honestly does feel that way. With expenses, i agree.
new positive experiences and adventure brings more happy times.

Wh
What steps were the most apparent in making you feel good? You said stepping away from how people normally live. What would this entail?

Wh

What steps were the most apparent in making you feel good? You said stepping away from how people normally live. What would this entail?
Really just placing more emphasis on experiences over consumership and realizing you can be active and have fun while everyone else makes excuses.

I try my best not to pay attention to the doom and gloom and not get involved in political nonsense, which seems to be everyplace we look now. Basically I live in my own mental Disney land. One of my favorite things to do is load up our dog and ride through quiet country towns together. When my son was younger we would go to the train tracks, put pennies on the tracks and wait for a train to come. Sometimes you saw a train and sometimes you didn't, but it didn't cost shit to do this. Then we would be out riding around and come across something else possibly, and we would basically find out abt all of these things to check out/explore.

The step I took to live this way was fairly basic; I stopped giving a fuck abt what everyone else was doing! I don't have social media so I cannot see what others are doing or bitching abt, I ditched that shit when Barack Obama was running for office.

Social media becomes a problem when you see all of these ppl posting what they want you to see, things they have acquired, and the brain seems to think that everything acquired is what's needed to bring happiness, when in reality it's taking bits and pieces of what it sees and combobulating it all. It'll straight fuck ppl up!

I buy a lot of my clothes at goodwill and when I find something for 2$ I'll wear the shit out of it and just think abt how I found something great that day!

Honestly, most of my money is spent on experiences. I'm the kind of guy that will blow $100, not knowing where the next $100 Is coming from, yet somehow it always works out. I can't go back and get those roadtrips and dinners together back.

Once you understand that you have your health and the ppl that are close to you have theirs, nothing else means shit! Everyone always says they cannot do something, they become so used to saying "no" that they never do a fucking thing and life passes on by. I look for every reason to say yes, and it takes stepping back from what other ppl think abt your life. If ppl would quit trying to show everyone how fucking great and pretty they are and focused on actually having fun, they would be a lot happier

How much of the year would you say you feel good?

or productive/accomplishment as this usually makes me feel the best out of everything.

with covid trying to find positive outlets to feel more consistently good.

I would say in 1 month time i feel good probably half of the time and a quarter of the time below average then the other quarter feel like a bum. At this point in my life. I have gone through much worse, and have worked hard to get where i am now. But hoping there is more consistancy, in the future.

then when i accomplish a task that i have been working hard for this feels great. Maybe 2x a year.

especially with no work.

Would you say you feel consistantly good?
what makes you feel this way?
I've found it comes and goes. I have good days and bad days and good weeks and bad weeks.

I have learned, over the lockdown period in the UK and having to be at home a lot more as my office has been shut due to COVID, to celebrate the little things at each opportunity and not to get too hung up about not getting everything ticked off the to do list. It's really helped give me a positive mind set and cope during the pandemic.

My supervisor has passed on some advice that's really helped, "Just do what you can." I know it seems kinda cliché but it does seem to keep the stress at bay haha.

Hope you're all doing okay :)

Really just placing more emphasis on experiences over consumership and realizing you can be active and have fun while everyone else makes excuses.

I try my best not to pay attention to the doom and gloom and not get involved in political nonsense, which seems to be everyplace we look now. Basically I live in my own mental Disney land. One of my favorite things to do is load up our dog and ride through quiet country towns together. When my son was younger we would go to the train tracks, put pennies on the tracks and wait for a train to come. Sometimes you saw a train and sometimes you didn't, but it didn't cost shit to do this. Then we would be out riding around and come across something else possibly, and we would basically find out abt all of these things to check out/explore.

The step I took to live this way was fairly basic; I stopped giving a fuck abt what everyone else was doing! I don't have social media so I cannot see what others are doing or bitching abt, I ditched that shit when Barack Obama was running for office.

Social media becomes a problem when you see all of these ppl posting what they want you to see, things they have acquired, and the brain seems to think that everything acquired is what's needed to bring happiness, when in reality it's taking bits and pieces of what it sees and combobulating it all. It'll straight fuck ppl up!

I buy a lot of my clothes at goodwill and when I find something for 2$ I'll wear the shit out of it and just think abt how I found something great that day!

Honestly, most of my money is spent on experiences. I'm the kind of guy that will blow $100, not knowing where the next $100 Is coming from, yet somehow it always works out. I can't go back and get those roadtrips and dinners together back.

Once you understand that you have your health and the ppl that are close to you have theirs, nothing else means shit! Everyone always says they cannot do something, they become so used to saying "no" that they never do a fucking thing and life passes on by. I look for every reason to say yes, and it takes stepping back from what other ppl think abt your life. If ppl would quit trying to show everyone how fucking great and pretty they are and focused on actually having fun, they would be a lot happier
So true about all of it, but really about people first reaction saying no, even my family members do that.

I've found it comes and goes. I have good days and bad days and good weeks and bad weeks.

I have learned, over the lockdown period in the UK and having to be at home a lot more as my office has been shut due to COVID, to celebrate the little things at each opportunity and not to get too hung up about not getting everything ticked off the to do list. It's really helped give me a positive mind set and cope during the pandemic.

My supervisor has passed on some advice that's really helped, "Just do what you can." I know it seems kinda cliché but it does seem to keep the stress at bay haha.

Hope you're all doing okay :)
That phrase can help, just puts realistic expectations to things.