• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

How much HCG is needed to combat testicular shrinkage?

thatguy

How much HCG should be used weekly to promote testicular atrophy? Currently at 450mg / week of Test and noticing some shrinkage. Will be cruising at 150mg / week after cycle. I've never used HCG before, so I'm not sure how much is needed per week. Sperm quality isn't a concern. Just want to plump the balls back up to normal.

How much HCG should be used weekly to promote testicular atrophy? Currently at 450mg / week of Test and noticing some shrinkage. Will be cruising at 150mg / week after cycle. I've never used HCG before, so I'm not sure how much is needed per week. Sperm quality isn't a concern. Just want to plump the balls back up to normal.
I get away with 250iu once per week done subQ. They stay plump enough for my wife to be happy with them. I’m sure there is a better routine for it, but I’m in the club where my fertility means fuck all to me. I have three daughters and I could’t possibly handle another one.

Good question, there is s study out there that showed 250 iu EOD maintained intratesticular testosterone production. My trt doc has me on 300 iu every 3 days.

I believe there is a blood test to show if hcg is working, something like 17-hydroxyl progesterone or something like that. Smarter people on here prob know

250-500iu 2-3 times per week and your good!
Thanks brother.

I get away with 250iu once per week done subQ. They stay plump enough for my wife to be happy with them. I’m sure there is a better routine for it, but I’m in the club where my fertility means fuck all to me. I have three daughters and I could’t possibly handle another one.
Thanks, I'm in the same boat. Have two sons and no plans for anymore kids. Fertility isn't an issue. Do you have any need for an AI due to the HCG?

Good question, there is s study out there that showed 250 iu EOD maintained intratesticular testosterone production. My trt doc has me on 300 iu every 3 days.

I believe there is a blood test to show if hcg is working, something like 17-hydroxyl progesterone or something like that. Smarter people on here prob know
Thanks, it seems the general consensus is 250-300 per week, or 2-3x per week.

Basically this. A dosage of 250 IU EOD was found to maintain intratesticular testosterone production, and by extension one could argue testis size. Dosing a similar weekly dose with 2 weekly injections likely yields similar results.

However, given that the decrease in testis size is most likely a result of a decrease in sperm production, one might need FSH (or hMG) in addition to hCG to fully preserve testicular size. hCG only is usually insufficient to fully maintain sperm production. The degree to which it still supports some sperm production varies a lot from one individual to another.

Basically this. A dosage of 250 IU EOD was found to maintain intratesticular testosterone production, and by extension one could argue testis size. Dosing a similar weekly dose with 2 weekly injections likely yields similar results.

However, given that the decrease in testis size is most likely a result of a decrease in sperm production, one might need FSH (or hMG) in addition to hCG to fully preserve testicular size. hCG only is usually insufficient to fully maintain sperm production. The degree to which it still supports some sperm production varies a lot from one individual to another.
Sperm production isn't an issue for me, as I am not planning for more kids. Just testicular size is the main thing I'm more concerned with.

Sperm production isn't an issue for me, as I am not planning for more kids. Just testicular size is the main thing I'm more concerned with.
I understand, but the decrease in testicular size is the result of a decrease in sperm production. (Developing sperm cells are responsible for a good chunk of testicular volume.)

I think it depends on the person and the quality of hCG. I tried 250 iU three times a week or a while but just didn't really get any results. Bumping to 500 iU three times a week did. They aren't footballs or anything, but at least they aren't shrunken lumps of collagen anymore. But in my case, it very well could be just the hCG quality (ZyhCG). I used to buy Corion in bulk, but I haven't been able to find that in a long time; it's always out of stock.

I think it depends on the person and the quality of hCG. I tried 250 iU three times a week or a while but just didn't really get any results. Bumping to 500 iU three times a week did. They aren't footballs or anything, but at least they aren't shrunken lumps of collagen anymore. But in my case, it very well could be just the hCG quality (ZyhCG). I used to buy Corion in bulk, but I haven't been able to find that in a long time; it's always out of stock.
I haven't had any experience with HCG and don't know what brands are good. The last thing I would want to do is get some bunk HCG and think it doesn't work at all.

I understand, but the decrease in testicular size is the result of a decrease in sperm production. (Developing sperm cells are responsible for a good chunk of testicular volume.)
Ever hear of someone doing lower dose trt with clomid instead of hcg? There’s a guy at steroidology who has done it with bloodwork to prove, but most say no to this. Ie clomid would increase LH abs FSH so testicles would be bigger

Or use a gnrh analog? Lupron or triptorelin in low doses?

Back when I PCTed still I did 500iu twice a week and it worked great.

I already have a kid and I don’t give a rat’s ass about ball size, so I don’t run HCG with my TRT.

Ever hear of someone doing lower dose trt with clomid instead of hcg? There’s a guy at steroidology who has done it with bloodwork to prove, but most say no to this. Ie clomid would increase LH abs FSH so testicles would be bigger

Or use a gnrh analog? Lupron or triptorelin in low doses?
I tried the clomid on cycle and it does work to some extent meaning testies did shrink but not all the way and sperm production went up!
The tricky part it to dose the clomid to not have its specific sides.
This for me is 2x week 25 mg but sometimes i do 3x based on feels i do this when i want a break from hcg.
Next time i do bloods i will check LH and FSH to see what its doing exactly!

Back when I PCTed still I did 500iu twice a week and it worked great.

I already have a kid and I don’t give a rat’s ass about ball size, so I don’t run HCG with my TRT.
Yea, I have two kids already and not going to have anymore. I just don't like the idea of having nuts nearly half the size of normal. I don't think it would be dose dependent, I think even when I go to TRT dosage, the effect would be the same.

The testicles also produce other hormones other than testosterone (Ie pregnenolone etc). So hcg keeps these other hormones in balance.

@PeterBond what is the dosage for FSH?

In clinical trials they used 100 IU FSH daily I believe (or anything varying from 150 IU hMG 3x weekly to 75 IU hMG daily).

Since this thread is about HCG I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I’ve never used HCG and wanted to try it just for filling up the boys again. For no other reason than to increase the size. I’ve had a vasectomy so don’t care about sperm production for fertility. Was planning on 250-500 MWF. Does that sound right for what I’m trying to do. I also really suck at the whole reconstitution math so can someone just double check me. I got a pharma grade kit that is 10000 iu and 10mls of bac water. If I put the 10mls of water into the powder than every ml is 1000 iu right.

Since this thread is about HCG I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I’ve never used HCG and wanted to try it just for filling up the boys again. For no other reason than to increase the size. I’ve had a vasectomy so don’t care about sperm production for fertility. Was planning on 250-500 MWF. Does that sound right for what I’m trying to do. I also really suck at the whole reconstitution math so can someone just double check me. I got a pharma grade kit that is 10000 iu and 10mls of bac water. If I put the 10mls of water into the powder than every ml is 1000 iu right.
Correct on the math