How to avoid drawing so much air from ampoules?

TheGuyHere

So this current cycle/course I’m on is my first one using ampoules, and I find them a bit finicky.

When using vials I simply inject air into the vial first, then draw out, and as you know you are basically getting all oil and minimal air bubbles, if not none.

With amps you don’t need to inject air into them first so I simply stick my drawing needle in and start pulling back, but I always get a huge air bubble before any oil starts coming in, and I can’t get rid of it by flicking the syringe either. I always end up having to push on the plunger to get the excess air out and this leads to a good bit of the gear being pushed out too.

And sometimes I draw all I physically can without leaving any air, and a small amount of gear stays in the (1mL) amp, unable to draw it all….

Is there any tricks with amps to avoid this kind of thing? Please let me know.

So this current cycle/course I’m on is my first one using ampoules, and I find them a bit finicky.

When using vials I simply inject air into the vial first, then draw out, and as you know you are basically getting all oil and minimal air bubbles, if not none.

With amps you don’t need to inject air into them first so I simply stick my drawing needle in and start pulling back, but I always get a huge air bubble before any oil starts coming in, and I can’t get rid of it by flicking the syringe either. I always end up having to push on the plunger to get the excess air out and this leads to a good bit of the gear being pushed out too.

And sometimes I draw all I physically can without leaving any air, and a small amount of gear stays in the (1mL) amp, unable to draw it all….

Is there any tricks with amps to avoid this kind of thing? Please let me know.
I have never personally done this, but some very knowledgeable people on here, including @Test_Subject , leave a small air bubble in the bottom of the filled syringe to ensure that all of the oil is injected. Inject at a downward angle to keep the bubble in the bottom of the barrel.

It's been a long time since i've used amps, but i do remember the same thing happening.

All i recall doing was to make sure the mouth of the needle was always submerged and to pull back on the plunger very slowly.

Sponsors

Latest posts