How to safely transfer finished product from buchner flask to sterile vials? I was thinking diy glove box.

pokerbarlo

Been a lurker for over 6 years and did a couple of brews mainly for trt. Been doing homebrew with standard syringe filters etc. Planning in making bigger batches.

Was thinking of getting a buchner funnel with a pump since I live in a country where I would need to continously ship disposable bottle top filters and it will be more expensive.

I used to grow magic mushrooms back in my college days and we used DIY glove boxes to inoculate substrates with spores with great success in sterilization.

Been reading around many homebrew forums for years and I haven't seen one mention of adding a glove box to some parts of the brewing process where it might be useful. Like transfering product from media bottles/flasks to vials. Or when making your own sterilized vials during the crimping part. Anyone on here have any experience using DIY glove boxes? Flow hoods I am sure are out of the budget for a personal use home brewer. I would think this cheap DIY solution would plug a lot of holes in a lot of homebrew procedures when needed. Really weird it didn't catch on like in the mushroom hobby world.

You will need to order bottle top filters and filter directly into sterile media bottles, then in your clean room or "glove box" you attach a cleaned and sterile bottle top dispenser to media bottles and fill your sterile vials. This is the easiest and safest/most sterile way.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07CF7GZ67/ref=twister_B07FKV9VVB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 (Amazon.ca)

I just searched for this. Can I connect this to a flask as well in a buchner funnel setup? Do you have any experience on the process with a buchner flask to sterile vials? Can I just use a sterile syringe in the glove box and measure it out from the flask and inject them into the sterile vials? Would this procedure be sterile enough? Assuming I spray down everything in the glove box with 99.99% iso alcohol then wait 30 to 1 hour before proceeding to transfer finished product to vials.

You will need to order bottle top filters and filter directly into sterile media bottles, then in your clean room or "glove box" you attach a cleaned and sterile bottle top dispenser to media bottles and fill your sterile vials. This is the easiest and safest/most sterile way.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07CF7GZ67/ref=twister_B07FKV9VVB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 (Amazon.ca)

Back