How to train with elbow tendonitis?

Mafixs

Hi there, last 3months I really struggle to program around exercises which doesn't fuck up me elbow for next following week.
Im also on Trt + bpc 157, which completely helped my knee problem, but not enough for elbow.
Atm I'm on 2days on 2days off schedule, mainly doing ppl hitting every muscle around every 5days, more volume less intensity doing as much exercises with neutral grip as possible, warm up elbow before working sets. What else can I do? Any tips how to overcome this, what helped you most ?

Pretty much do any ex
Hi there, last 3months I really struggle to program around exercises which doesn't fuck up me elbow for next following week.
Im also on Trt + bpc 157, which completely helped my knee problem, but not enough for elbow.
Atm I'm on 2days on 2days off schedule, mainly doing ppl hitting every muscle around every 5days, more volume less intensity doing as much exercises with neutral grip as possible, warm up elbow before working sets. What else can I do? Any tips how to overcome this, what helped you most ?
Doing any exercise that doesnt cause pain is good to go, you need to let it heal, or else it wont. Then start slow and continue exercise muscles around it. That is the only way i know.

Supliments for joints? Wish I had more to offer, except ppl is by far my favorite split but for some reason it kills my elbows. Triceps I feel is a lacking body part and skill crushers are out of question. I 100 percent notice with decca I dnt have that mind of pain,although its. It my favorite compound

I have struggled with the same issue. The only way is to take a month break or so and do like blood flow work with bands or something. Also use this on elbows every upper body workout.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230613_071239_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230613_071239_Chrome.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 32
Dealt with this myself and struggled for years until I reached out to a couple pros and their advice worked extremely well and now my triceps grow well.

-Drop any of the extension exercises you're doing. Aka cable extensions/push downs, skull crushers etc

-WRAP YOUR ELBOWS or at least use dual ply sleeves like for strongman. Not the neoprene ones like sbd

-Use close grip incline bench, reverse grip incline bench and once it's feeling better Smith jm press.

-Use low volume and just do 1-2 working sets MAX per movement

After dealing with it for several years, these were the guidelines that allowed me to start taking my triceps to a point they'd grow with little to no pain.

-Use close grip incline bench, reverse grip incline bench and once it's feeling better Smith jm press.
Can I ask why benching with barbells? in past I used barbell and it hurts my elbows even with low weight, It seemed like dangerous for healing.Now I been doing only db's chest presses using somehow hybrid neutral grip.

-wrist wraps
-elbow sleeves
-do not use a prone grip
-bpc injected into the site
-see a doctor, He can help you with a cortisone antiflammatory inject locally

I use a joint supplement seems to help some.

When my elbows are bothering me I will use neoprene elbow sleeves. You can get a pair an Amazon for like 20$. Get a style that offers free returns so you can try them a few times and return them for a different size if necessary. You won’t know for sure until you do a couple workouts if they will be a good fit.

Also Tiger Balm works well. The key is to apply and make sure you wash your hands and wipe them off really good so you don’t have any left over on your hands. If you touch your eyes or your junk with some on your hands it’s unpleasant.

Some people use both but I usually just do sleeves or balm.

These things will help. They obviously won’t make the underlying issue better.

I totally agree with comments of dropping extension exercises and adding elbow sleeves and even wrist wraps. If there are still issues some time off can help.
I haven't had issues lately but one of the above or a combo have always helped the problem disappear for me in the past.

If it's really tendonitis there is nothing you can do but rest.
Take two weeks completely off pushing movements, when you come back, avoid movements that out a lot of load on the elbows. (Looking at you ezbar skullcrushers)

what i did for kneee tendonitits, is strenthen the muscles around the injury, start from scratch, litterally just body weight stuff, but only do this once the pain subsides.

Stop anything that causes the pain and inflammation, then strengthen area around it.

Only way

what i did for kneee tendonitits, is strenthen the muscles around the injury, start from scratch, litterally just body weight stuff, but only do this once the pain subsides.

Stop anything that causes the pain and inflammation, then strengthen area around it.

Only way
Good ol rest and strengthening. Agree. Scripts and OTC Supplements help but that is more of a band aid. You don't want to make it worse.

OP, If you do use something like prednisone, let it take care of some of the inflammation before trying any strengthening exercises as well. I had PT plenty of times in other cases and that is always the recommendation.

You can get a little too cocky on something like that because you feel like you have a ton of energy while on and the pain is less but if you overdo it, when you are done with the script, you are right back to where you started.

Thanks for tips everyone. I do plan on taking 2weeks off from upper body(maybe some warm ups to get blood going) during this time I will punish my lagging legs even more :)

Friend great tip that worked for me... Get a elastic band hung up near your desk and do 25 rep tricep extensions and get a devilish burn like 6 times a day every time you pass next to it shovel blood to the elbow.. Fixed it in no time personally :)

I had horrible tennis elbow, I had to switch most pressing lifts to DB as straight BB bench press were agonizing.
Less than 2 weeks of BPC-157 & TB500 (QSC) & the pain was gone, it's never came back. I stopped the BPC/TB after 14 days. It was amazing.

You can't train through the problem if its serious. Take six weeks off and focus on legs.

If it's really tendonitis there is nothing you can do but rest.
Take two weeks completely off pushing movements, when you come back, avoid movements that out a lot of load on the elbows. (Looking at you ezbar skullcrushers)

Ez bar skullcrushers are my go to for triceps besides the rope. But kill my elbows on a ppl routine that is my preferred split. What do you think a good replacement for them is if any? Heavy single dumbell behind the head standing or seated works ok less elbow pain. for me but a close grip bench has always been a little awkward due to my long ass arms, I usto do a shit load of dips but that aggravates my bad shoulder a bit also.

Ez bar skullcrushers are my go to for triceps besides the rope. But kill my elbows on a ppl routine that is my preferred split. What do you think a good replacement for them is if any? Heavy single dumbell behind the head standing or seated works ok less elbow pain. for me but a close grip bench has always been a little awkward due to my long ass arms, I usto do a shit load of dips but that aggravates my bad shoulder a bit also.
I think ez bar skullcrushers are an awesome movement. But they do put a lot of load in all the wrong places if you're prone to, or currently dealing with tendonitis.

For myself ive felt that neutral grip dumbbell skullcrushers on a slight incline bench are a less load intensive psuodo alternative if tendonitis prone. It's not a 1 to 1 alternative, but at least for me, they never aggravate my tricep or elbow tendonitis.

I have a similar issue right now. If I flex my biceps (like double biceps pose) I get strong pain near the point of the elbow and the back of the arm where the triceps connect to the elbow. Also pain in the joint when curling (I can do triceps pushdowns for example with no problem).

Biceps Tendonitis?

Back