I suck at deadlifting

gandalfscousin

I suck at deadlifting to sum it up, I’m looking for advice on increasing grip strength. The funny thing is my max squat is 615 as of 2 weeks ago but deadlift is about 410 without sacrificing form. I have pretty decent upper body strength as well I just can’t grip worth a fuck.

Well there are tons of grip/pinch strength things out there but many PL coaches will tell you to go ahead and do those things but to use straps and keep the DL progression going rather than waiting for your grip to catch up (which may never happen depending on genetics).

Well there are tons of grip/pinch strength things out there but many PL coaches will tell you to go ahead and do those things but to use straps and keep the DL progression going rather than waiting for your grip to catch up (which may never happen depending on genetics).
I honestly have never used straps I didn’t like the grip feel and strain on my wrist. I try to be as gear free as possible aside from a belt once I get around 500 on squats but it seems I will have to alter that mindset.

I honestly have never used straps I didn’t like the grip feel and strain on my wrist. I try to be as gear free as possible aside from a belt once I get around 500 on squats but it seems I will have to alter that mindset.
I hate em too... almost more than I hate the hook grip pain but yeah.. at some point you just gotta in order to keep going.

I hate em too... almost more than I hate the hook grip pain but yeah.. at some point you just gotta in order to keep going.
Ya hook grip is brutal on my elbow, so far I enjoy farmers carry and holding on paused DL and using the fat grips the gym has.

Suitcase holds. Grab a barbell loaded with weight that you can hold with one hand while using the other hand to brace against the power rack.
Double over barbell shrugs help.
Heavy dumbbell farmers walks.