IGF-1 vs IGF-1R

Jbagel132

Subscriber
I might be starting a medication called Tepezza, which drugs.com says does the following:

“Tepezza is a targeted biologic inhibitor of insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor (IGF-1R) and is used to treat Thyroid Eye Disease (TED). Tepezza helps to decrease eye bulging (proptosis) by decreasing inflammation, preventing muscle and fat tissue remodeling, and preventing tissue expansion behind the eye. It is a fully human monoclonal antibody and blocks IGF-1R activation and signaling, but its mechanism of action is not fully known.

Tepezza is given by a healthcare provider as an intravenous (IV) infusion into a vein once every three weeks for a total of eight infusions.”

If I am running HGH, will this medication counteract the effects?

864C4F1E-7BC1-4583-8BEE-B7598BCADDC3.png
Found this, does this mean I’m good to take both? I guess Tepezza reduces the effectiveness of Metformin, however.

I don't know shit about this drug but from my understanding with other drugs and by reading that it is an inhibitor of the igf-1 receptor I would think using both at the same time is counterproductive. Im not saying there is any drug interaction at all, but still it doesn't seem wise to me to combine them.

I don't know shit about this drug but from my understanding with other drugs and by reading that it is an inhibitor of the igf-1 receptor I would think using both at the same time is counterproductive. Im not saying there is any drug interaction at all, but still it doesn't seem wise to me to combine them.
Yeah I was thinking the same, just wasn’t sure why they would say there’s no interactions between the two…

The tepezza is to treat my thyroid eye disease, which I’ve made some posts about previous to this. It’s a promising medication in that many with the disease see improvements, so I guess it’s a choice between gains or fixing my eye haha…

You can still make gains with an adequat amount of gear (steroids). Just leave the HGH out for a couple of months or however long this treatment of yours will take.