I’m 50, I have a plan but want feedback. I don’t know a lot about most of this.

Quazy#12

I did a couple cycles about 15 years ago with great results. I’ve done construction for 30+ years and it caused a lot of joint damage. I’m 6’ 1” tall 240lbs, I loved lifting but joint issues will prevent a lot of that, I figure to do mostly body weight exercises and cardio, take my diet down to around 1500 to 1800 calories a day eating really clean. As far as cycle: 500 Test c a week, 25mg anavar, a day, 12 to 14 weeks. PCT: Clomid 50 mg a day and Nolva 20 mg a day for 30 days.
Goals are to get around 210 lbs healthy, improve mental health. Any suggestions appreciated.
P.S.
Alinshop is who I used last time.

That's not the best cycle given your current stats. You would do better to lose the weight first. Start off with tirz and drop thirty pounds.

My biggest concern is your baseline test levels, natural, over 50, are worth running a pct?
I feel like you would be better off just getting on trt and a glp drug (sema, tirz, reta ect), losing 20-30lbs or until you can clearly see your abs at rest, then run your test 500 and anavar, then come down and stay on trt after you get where you want. If your goals are to improve mental health and keep muscle, pct is going to hurt both of those. Look at mast or primo instead of anavar for 14 weeks, either might be a little easier on your body than the var. I only say that because you said you want prioritize being healthy. If you have nagging joint injuries try out some bp157+tb500 and a bit of gh. Deca might make your joints feel better, but its just covering up damage.
As far as training goes, bodyweight/higher reps with a reps in reserve scheme might be the safest. You can still do progressive overload, but not risk going heavy and tweaking something.
Do bloodwork, keep an eye on cholesterol, track your bp.

I gave myself a start date for after I get back from a 2 week trip and it’s hard to keep a clean diet away from home for me. I’m giving myself 6 months before getting any gear to get my weight down. I know my weight is high but it’s not a whole bunch of fat it’s all around my torso. I’m not sure what all the abbreviations are? Bp 157 + tb500, I’m not sure how much or what kind of gh and deca. Before I start anything I’ll do bloodwork regularly.

TRT level test + Tirzepatide is all you need to get to the weight you should be, then you can think about running a real cycle.

Get a full panel of bloodwork before your trip or well after so your markers aren't skewed from drinking and eating things you normally don't. I would through IGF 1 in the panel too. Others already said drop weight natty first. If your T is low use TRT while dropping weight if you wish. GLP 1's make dieting easy but I would suggest not leaning on those if possible. For enhanced guys they seem best used for getting really lean. You don't want to depend on them every time you go to drop weight. If your IGF 1 is low possibly GH would be great at 2 - 2.5u per day. At your age many guys find that dose GH to be very helpful.

For the joints I find BPC at 500 - 1000 mcg a day and TB at 5 - 10mg a week to be massively helpful. Combined with even 2 - 2.5 GH daily is amazing for my joints and wear and tear on my body.

Step 1 is full panel of bloods to have a baseline. Any compound you are thinking of using scour this site for all the info, side effects, risks, proper usage, etc. There are multiple threads for each compound that are very informative.

The older you get the higher the odds you will not recover from a cycle. If you cycle be prepared you my need TRT forever.

Good luck on the journey! Consistency and dedication beat drugs every time.

I appreciate it. I usually spend quite a bit of time researching before I try anything. It’s nice having a direction to look in.

My biggest concern is your baseline test levels, natural, over 50, are worth running a pct?
I feel like you would be better off just getting on trt and a glp drug (sema, tirz, reta ect), losing 20-30lbs or until you can clearly see your abs at rest, then run your test 500 and anavar, then come down and stay on trt after you get where you want. If your goals are to improve mental health and keep muscle, pct is going to hurt both of those. Look at mast or primo instead of anavar for 14 weeks, either might be a little easier on your body than the var. I only say that because you said you want prioritize being healthy. If you have nagging joint injuries try out some bp157+tb500 and a bit of gh. Deca might make your joints feel better, but its just covering up damage.
As far as training goes, bodyweight/higher reps with a reps in reserve scheme might be the safest. You can still do progressive overload, but not risk going heavy and tweaking something.
Do bloodwork, keep an eye on cholesterol, track your bp.
This x100

Get on low dose TRT, that will give you great energy and recovery for construction. You’d probably lose weight just by how much better you feel every day. But, as he mentioned above, look into tirzepatide or Semaglutide to shed those pounds.

Don’t use sema or tirz forever, just get yourself a kickstart.