Increase Telmisartan or Nabivolol dosage ?

y777

Hi guys

Started taking Telmisartan last year to help w hematocrit (keeps it in low 40s from low 50s, even if on 100 mg test TRT ).

During my b&c I’ve titrated it up to 80 mg. But when I ran tren my BP started creeping back up but more impotently my resting HR just exploded higher from 70s to 80s and 90s. That’s when I added 5mg Nabivolol daily.

I liked the Nabivolol profile and esp how it keeps my HR low even off tren. So when I knocked it all down To cruise I took the Telmisartan to 40mg and kept the Nabivolol at 5 mg.

Now , however , I added a bit more test (closer to 300 , from 200) and I’m running 500 NPP. BP is now around 130/70, about 10 points higher. Doing cardio 3x per week.

Should I start taking Telmisartan back up or should I look to take 10mg Nabivolol instead. Thoughts ?

I’m ok w this level BP but a bit paranoid about nandrolone long term effects. I’ve tried running NPP before but never had luck cuz I had mg e2 too high. But now that I’ve had some joint issues I’m a huge fan so I eventually wanna look into permanent add to trt either NPP or deca lower dose.

Anyway. Sorry for longer post

Thank you

TLDR: If BP starts creeping over 130, would you first add more Telmisartan or increase Nabivolol , if you’re on both

Hi guys

Started taking Telmisartan last year to help w hematocrit (keeps it in low 40s from low 50s, even if on 100 mg test TRT ).

During my b&c I’ve titrated it up to 80 mg. But when I ran tren my BP started creeping back up but more impotently my resting HR just exploded higher from 70s to 80s and 90s. That’s when I added 5mg Nabivolol daily.

I liked the Nabivolol profile and esp how it keeps my HR low even off tren. So when I knocked it all down To cruise I took the Telmisartan to 40mg and kept the Nabivolol at 5 mg.

Now , however , I added a bit more test (closer to 300 , from 200) and I’m running 500 NPP. BP is now around 130/70, about 10 points higher. Doing cardio 3x per week.

Should I start taking Telmisartan back up or should I look to take 10mg Nabivolol instead. Thoughts ?

I’m ok w this level BP but a bit paranoid about nandrolone long term effects. I’ve tried running NPP before but never had luck cuz I had mg e2 too high. But now that I’ve had some joint issues I’m a huge fan so I eventually wanna look into permanent add to trt either NPP or deca lower dose.

Anyway. Sorry for longer post

Thank you

TLDR: If BP starts creeping over 130, would you first add more Telmisartan or increase Nabivolol , if you’re on both

My doc fucked around with multiple doses of candesartan and nebivolol until we found a dose that kept me in range. I prefer candesartan (which is similar to telmisartan) but it took moderate doses of both to keep me consistently in range.

My advice: this is a marathon, not a sprint. Try increasing telmisartan for a few weeks. If you don't like the sides, decrease it and try more nebivolol. I'm sure your doc will be flexible on this.

This is all secondary to increasing my cardio/running a lot.

Telmisartan to get angiotensin controlled, get diet in check.

The top 2 should fix it.

Can put in a beta blocker but need to watch heart rate.

Telmisartan to get angiotensin controlled, get diet in check.

The top 2 should fix it.

Can put in a beta blocker but need to watch heart rate.

2x diet.

I'm already limiting processed foods because I'm on GH and salty meals cause sides for me.

Maybe outdated evidence that processed foods contribute to hypertension (in a lean/bodybuilding context), but don't really need many reasons to limit them.

No fast food, lots of cardio (6 miles running/d), and 16 mg candesartan was almost able to keep my BP at 120. Needed to add 5 mg nebivolol to get there.