Intramuscular (IM) vs. Subcutaneous (SubQ) Insulin Injections

Musmadar

1. **Speed of Absorption:**
- *Intramuscular (IM):* Rapid absorption due to rich muscle blood supply.
- ⏳ *Subcutaneous (SubQ):* Slower, sustained absorption, providing controlled blood glucose impact.

2. **Risk of Hypoglycemia:**
- *IM:* Higher risk due to swift insulin action.
- *SubQ:* Lower risk, promoting safer and more stable blood sugar levels.

3. **Clinical Situations:**
- *IM:* Reserved for emergencies (e.g., diabetic ketoacidosis).
- *SubQ:* Primary method for routine insulin therapy, suitable for self-administration.

4. **Patient Autonomy:**
- *IM:* Typically administered by healthcare professionals.
- ‍♂️ *SubQ:* Enables self-administration, empowering individuals with diabetes.

5. **Onset and Duration:**
- *IM:* Quick onset but shorter duration.
- *SubQ:* Gradual onset with a longer duration, ensuring sustained effectiveness.

6. **Convenience:**
- *IM:* Less convenient due to the need for healthcare professional assistance.
- *SubQ:* Convenient for daily management, fostering independence.

7. **Clinical Decision Factors:**
- *IM:* Chosen in critical situations demanding rapid glycemic control.
- *SubQ:* Preferred for routine insulin therapy, balancing efficacy and safety.

8. **Accessibility:**
- *IM:* Often administered in clinical settings.
- *SubQ:* Widely accessible for home use, promoting regular insulin administration.

9. **Patient Experience:**
- *IM:* Potentially more discomfort due to muscle injection.
- ️ *SubQ:* Generally well-tolerated, minimizing discomfort.

10. **Conclusion:**
- *Adaptability:* Choosing between IM and SubQ depends on clinical context, urgency, and individual patient needs.
- *Individualized Approach:* Tailoring insulin administration methods ensures effective diabetes management while considering safety and patient preferences.

1. **Speed of Absorption:**
- *Intramuscular (IM):* Rapid absorption due to rich muscle blood supply.
- ⏳ *Subcutaneous (SubQ):* Slower, sustained absorption, providing controlled blood glucose impact.

2. **Risk of Hypoglycemia:**
- *IM:* Higher risk due to swift insulin action.
- *SubQ:* Lower risk, promoting safer and more stable blood sugar levels.

3. **Clinical Situations:**
- *IM:* Reserved for emergencies (e.g., diabetic ketoacidosis).
- *SubQ:* Primary method for routine insulin therapy, suitable for self-administration.

4. **Patient Autonomy:**
- *IM:* Typically administered by healthcare professionals.
- ‍♂️ *SubQ:* Enables self-administration, empowering individuals with diabetes.

5. **Onset and Duration:**
- *IM:* Quick onset but shorter duration.
- *SubQ:* Gradual onset with a longer duration, ensuring sustained effectiveness.

6. **Convenience:**
- *IM:* Less convenient due to the need for healthcare professional assistance.
- *SubQ:* Convenient for daily management, fostering independence.

7. **Clinical Decision Factors:**
- *IM:* Chosen in critical situations demanding rapid glycemic control.
- *SubQ:* Preferred for routine insulin therapy, balancing efficacy and safety.

8. **Accessibility:**
- *IM:* Often administered in clinical settings.
- *SubQ:* Widely accessible for home use, promoting regular insulin administration.

9. **Patient Experience:**
- *IM:* Potentially more discomfort due to muscle injection.
- ️ *SubQ:* Generally well-tolerated, minimizing discomfort.

10. **Conclusion:**
- *Adaptability:* Choosing between IM and SubQ depends on clinical context, urgency, and individual patient needs.
- *Individualized Approach:* Tailoring insulin administration methods ensures effective diabetes management while considering safety and patient preferences.
A lot of false info, if you’re IM protocol and technique is good there is no need for medical assistance.

Also if you like bruising, welts and lumps injecting oil sub q that’s very strange, you forgot to add that.

I prefer IM otherwise it doesn't kick in fast enough pre-workout for me. When it's an emergency they will do it IV.

If what you’re posting is true, Sub q is the best way to go. Good info

Depends. Some people have easy access to insulin-R which isn't the most fast-acting, but IM may facilitate faster onset. For bodybuilding purposes, not necessarily diabetic blood glucose management.

" Choosing between IM and SubQ depends on clinical context, urgency, and individual patient needs."

A lot of people think they know how to read...that's not always truth.

Reading at high speed just to feed your satisfaction of reading, it doesn't mean you are good at reading.

The same happens with those that find pleasure in writing a lot without saying much.

" Choosing between IM and SubQ depends on clinical context, urgency, and individual patient needs."

A lot of people think they know how to read...that's not always truth.

Reading at high speed just to feed your satisfaction of reading, it doesn't mean you are good at reading.

The same happens with those that find pleasure in writing a lot without saying much.

Attachments

• giphy.com-media-ma7VlDSlty3EA-giphy.gif
    giphy.com-media-ma7VlDSlty3EA-giphy.gif
    674.8 KB · Views: 2
I tried subq injections of 0.15ml test enanthate (45mg) every other day. I used a 29g half inch needle at a 45 degree angle. I rotated between belly, hips, and ass.

9/10 times I got horrible PIP the next day, and a lump that would take nearly a week to go.

Now I do IM using the same needles at a perpendicular angle. I press as far as I can (as the needles are only half inch) to get shallow IM. I rotate between lower outer quad, upper outer quad, and upper outer quadrant of my ass. I am currently injecting 0.75ml every other day and I’m getting no PIP other than in my quads but only when I squat deep, and the pain subsides after a warm up anyway.

Subq was a meme for me. I dunno why.

I tried subq injections of 0.15ml test enanthate (45mg) every other day. I used a 29g half inch needle at a 45 degree angle. I rotated between belly, hips, and ass.

9/10 times I got horrible PIP the next day, and a lump that would take nearly a week to go.

Now I do IM using the same needles at a perpendicular angle. I press as far as I can (as the needles are only half inch) to get shallow IM. I rotate between lower outer quad, upper outer quad, and upper outer quadrant of my ass. I am currently injecting 0.75ml every other day and I’m getting no PIP other than in my quads but only when I squat deep, and the pain subsides after a warm up anyway.

Subq was a meme for me. I dunno why.

This thread is about insulin

This thread is about insulin
Then I guess I should read the full title before I jump in.

I thought it was weird when there was talk of hypoglycaemia lol. And then the dude says he prefers it IM otherwise it doesn’t kick in fast enough and I’m scratching my head like “wtf???” lol