Investing

Since there is a HUGE drop anyone buying?

Fyi nike is half way down. Using the warren buffet method of investing, it is exactly that. Since its 50% off what its worth.

The recession will be here when we see massive layoffs due to consumers retracting hard in the face of obscene prices.

$240/ton fertilizer is now $1440/ton. That's just one example of what is happening now and what will be felt by consumers 6 months from now.
So this is very soon. This is sad. The question is what the government will do and what measures to take.

Anyone have any reccomendations themselves?
Cyber security, So many companies getting cyber insurance, and the cyber insurance companies are cracking down right now. Saying you need 2 factor Auth, IAM processes, PAM controls, auditability, active alerting for misuse of privileges/accounts, etc. A lot of companies don't have that shit. But they REALLY want the cyber insurance, so they are in a rush to buy all these tools to becone more secure. And they NEED these things regardless of whether there's an economic downturn or whatnot.

CyberArk Software. Very volatile for some reason, they have attained incredible growth since going public and have a super strong balance sheet. It seems like every spring they dip down and then in the fall/winter they peak. Now is the time to buy.
Rapid7 - vulnerability scanner. No company can go without a vulnerability scanner.
Varonis - growing company that is doing quite well and has a unique product that really makes directory permissions super easy
Splunk - most popular SIEM in the world probably based on market share
Palo Alto, Fortinet, and F5 Networks are both security hardware companies and any business nowadays cannot go without their infrastructure.

There are also several CyberSecurity ETFs.

I would not invest in energy/utilities at all. I don't care if it's green energy or fossil fuels. It just seems like either one is going to be a mess for a while now. Green energy relies too much on special minerals which rely on global trade and fossil fuels need to die anyway and also are controlled mostly by overseas resources. LNG is an awful alternative to oil and destroys the environment and causes significant harm to the people who live near fracking areas. So basically fuck the utility sector.

As far as defending yourself against a downturn: healthcare, consumer good. No matter what is going on, people need household items like food and butt wipes and healthcare. Those usually will fare better during a recession.

If you own and stocks geared towards luxury markets (like, idk, Tesla or some place that sells diamonds or some shit) sell it and don't look back. Luxury goods do not sell well during recessions, because nobody needs their stupid luxury shit, so the companies wind up just stagnating.

You could look at emerging market real estate. I think that when the real estate market tops out and people can't make as good of gains in the US, they'll start looking at emerging markets instead. Just watch out for scams as emerging markets are often less regulated and more prone to slimy scheming bastards who aren't actually doing a damn thing.

If you have a pile of cash I don't suggest you hand it over to anyone at this point.

Hold on until we get rid the current POTUS. Even then you'd better think long and hard about what the future of this country is because we are heading towards a financial catastrophe as debt explodes and we are forced to go bankrupt, which will probably lead to a world war.

I wouldn't trust anything because we don't know what's coming when the economy retracts hard as prices drastically increase.

If you need to invest in yourself to make more money or just to keep working that's not a bad idea, but handing money over to anyone right now is dumb.

As for Green Energy, there's no such thing. All Green Energy projects produce vast amount of toxic waste, they have a service life that isn't all that great, they eat up lots of land, require huge investment.

Simple solution has always been obvious: encourage people not to have children. Not only do you give huge tax breaks for getting a vasectomy or tubal ligation, you do everything you can to encourage this across the world. Abortions aren't necessary, you keep women and men stocked up with every form of birth control and morning after pills and it's all free. We must beat it into the heads of the world that we don't need this many people, we never did. Past a Billion you're just asking for problems and we'd all be better off if we could get to say 500 million or less.

Simple solution has always been obvious: encourage people not to have children. Not only do you give huge tax breaks for getting a vasectomy or tubal ligation, you do everything you can to encourage this across the world. Abortions aren't necessary, you keep women and men stocked up with every form of birth control and morning after pills and it's all free. We must beat it into the heads of the world that we don't need this many people, we never did. Past a Billion you're just asking for problems and we'd all be better off if we could get to say 500 million or less.
This whole anti-abortion thing is really gonna FUCK this country up. They say there's a lack of domestic babies. Great, so we're gonna have a bunch of abused, foster care kids that their parents didn't want them and/or couldn't afford to have them? So they grow up poor and create even more drag on society? Good idea supreme court. Talk about letting their religion get the best of them, they really have not thought this through at all.

What tax breaks do you get for getting a vasectomy? I got one and have never heard of any tax breaks.

But yes, the real answer to a better world for everyone is to cut the population in half. Then everyone would have plenty of food, water, jobs, etc. The world thing we can do is continue to grow our population. The amount of energy each human consumes is enormous. It really is destroying the planet for everyone and will likely destroy our species at some point too.

If you have a pile of cash I don't suggest you hand it over to anyone at this point.

Hold on until we get rid the current POTUS. Even then you'd better think long and hard about what the future of this country is because we are heading towards a financial catastrophe as debt explodes and we are forced to go bankrupt, which will probably lead to a world war.

I wouldn't trust anything because we don't know what's coming when the economy retracts hard as prices drastically increase.

If you need to invest in yourself to make more money or just to keep working that's not a bad idea, but handing money over to anyone right now is dumb.

As for Green Energy, there's no such thing. All Green Energy projects produce vast amount of toxic waste, they have a service life that isn't all that great, they eat up lots of land, require huge investment.

I am not having children. Its not possible for me too. Nor do i want any.

Its not a “pile” just a couple grand, that if i can invest in bitcoin or stock and double. I wouldnt mind.

I am not having children. Its not possible for me too. Nor do i want any.

Its not a “pile” just a couple grand, that if i can invest in bitcoin or stock and double. I wouldnt mind.
I wouldn't do anything with it as it is more likely to disappear as we are in uncharted territory with regards to a country being run by a senile fool and his cabinet that are full of traitors.

You'd be better off buying some tools and doing work that earns money with it then to hand it over to big finance where it will go into the pockets of parasites.

This whole anti-abortion thing is really gonna FUCK this country up. They say there's a lack of domestic babies. Great, so we're gonna have a bunch of abused, foster care kids that their parents didn't want them and/or couldn't afford to have them? So they grow up poor and create even more drag on society? Good idea supreme court. Talk about letting their religion get the best of them, they really have not thought this through at all.

What tax breaks do you get for getting a vasectomy? I got one and have never heard of any tax breaks.

But yes, the real answer to a better world for everyone is to cut the population in half. Then everyone would have plenty of food, water, jobs, etc. The world thing we can do is continue to grow our population. The amount of energy each human consumes is enormous. It really is destroying the planet for everyone and will likely destroy our species at some point too.
The problem is the bible according to Numbers 5 verses 11 thru 28 go into great detail about God endorsing abortion for a women who's husband suspects she's been unfaithful without having actual proof other than she's pregnant.

"Here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.” Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.” (NIV)

The verse basically has the husband dragging his wife to the priest who scoops up entrails from sacrifices and the dust off the floor, puts it into a vessel of water and gives it a good shake and has her drink it and if she's committed adultery then her abdomen will swell and eject the fetus onto the ground. More than likely she'll also be dragged off to be stoned to death, but the bible doesn't talk about that.

I've always wondered where Christians get the idea that God cares about anyone, he kills millions, he instructs you on how you're to kill your own children after they've argued with you or been raped or found not to be a virgin or how you are to kill your wife or cut her hand off and show her no pity.

It's absolutely diabolical and mindlessly cruel what the God Yahweh represents.

So where do Christians compartmentalize this God and somehow come up with the idea that God is love, when there is no love, it's like we're a bunch of ants to be stepped on.

As for Abortion, it's a not good thing, birth control and pregnancy prevention or Plan B pills are the best way to go. One could even make pregnancy tests free to make sure a women gets in for an abortion as quick as possible.

I can assure you Christians don't give a flying fuck about babies once their born, they don't care if you're poor and unable to take care of the baby or if the kid is beaten or abused. They just don't give a shit, it's all about control and telling people what they can and can't do and that's why instead of the Abortion debate, we need to get back to debating religion/crazy and flush that shit down the toilet once and for all.

It's been said over and over you simply can't get elected in most places in this country if you're a rational secular atheist and you damn sure can't get elected if you're free thinker, that shit is the devil to most of the dumbshits that inhabit this country.

I only invest my money in ETF´s like the standard MSCI World SRI but i also get a big stock package from my employer every year that i am saving. maybe i will try to rebuild the state fond from norway

I wouldn't do anything with it as it is more likely to disappear as we are in uncharted territory with regards to a country being run by a senile fool and his cabinet that are full of traitors.

You'd be better off buying some tools and doing work that earns money with it then to hand it over to big finance where it will go into the pockets of parasites.
I think that in the near future the concept of income and those professions that now bring relief will change. We are all going to have to change a lot.

I think that in the near future the concept of income and those professions that now bring relief will change. We are all going to have to change a lot.
The economy radically changes when you import cheap goods from Asia and transfer over to a decadent lifestyle where people have time to pursue surrogate activities to replace the old ways that were once used to establish ones rank in society.

Most of the jobs today are service jobs in one way or the other, they are bullshit, they are someone showing up to work or what I would call a half way house to spend their day doing things just to eat up time and to keep people busy and out of trouble.

Work as it exists today is babysitting via keeping track of you and your time. Employers serve the role of a prison guard, they are the watch tower looking down on the prisoners, you report for duty and are watched all day long to keep track of your every move.

Of course with more people coming into the country, less free space, no public use land, everything private either owned by individuals or the government, so there is no place to go if one wants to escape this system, no place in the world for that matter where you won't be watched unless you're filthy rich and then you can pay for privacy.

Even in cases where people have somewhat escaped the system, the people end up watching and spying on each other, looking for information, unable to leave others alone to just be with no expectation or justification.

It’s even interesting why such a policy and state of affairs hello. What the future holds for us. Stable or very nervous and foggy.

The best investment, I think, is real estate or buying a particular business; it depends on your pocket. Last summer, I was in Vancouver, Canada, with my family. It was an amazing trip, but the best part was when we visited Tofino. It's jewelry located on the West Coast. We had a great time together at restaurants in tofino. Hence I got a new goal in business. I would like to purchase one restaurant and move there to rule it. Does it sound promising? At least, my soul would be satisfied. Cheers!

The best investment, I think, is real estate or buying a particular business; it depends on your pocket. Last summer, I was in Vancouver, Canada, with my family. It was an amazing trip, but the best part was when we visited Tofino. It's jewelry located on the West Coast. We had a great time together at restaurants in tofino. Hence I got a new goal in business. I would like to purchase one restaurant and move there to rule it. Does it sound promising? At least, my soul would be satisfied. Cheers!
I wouldn’t put restaurants on top of the list of best investments.. probably closer to the bottom.

If they work and it’s a nice place you’ll literally have a bed of money.

If not no more retirement

Restaurants are very high maintenance unfortunately. Owning a restaurant is very hard, even just a little Cafe or something.

I guess if you bought a profitable uccessful one thenmaube...but at thay point there isn't any way to add more value since things are running smoothly. The real way to make money as a business owner is to buy a crappy business and turn it around then sell it for multiples if what you paid for it. That's how people make the millions.

Also if a recession does get bad then those little beach vacation towns will take big hits.

Last edited: