Is 25 mcg t3 enough?

jakeisgreat

I’m confused because I’ve read the natural amount of t3 we produce everyday day is around 30 to 40mcg which is a bit more than the recommended replacement dose of 25mcg so are we selling ourselves short with 25?

I’m confused because I’ve read the natural amount of t3 we produce everyday day is around 30 to 40mcg which is a bit more than the recommended replacement dose of 25mcg so are we selling ourselves short with 25?
It`s very individual. 25 mcg Tiromel recently put at FT3 4.19 pg/ml (1.92-3.58) 4 hours after taking it.

First of all this can vary from person to person. I know that some friends take 25mcg and that's pretty much it and they feel great.

I myself took 25mcg for 6 weeks and bloods came back showing my free T3 being in the lower range. I felt terrible as well. I then tried 37.5mcg and bloods came back being in the upper mid range. I didn’t feel that good either, but not as bad as before, it was okay-ish. I tried 50mcg for another 4 weeks and bloods came back with free T3 being slightly out of the upper range. Well, I felt okay but not great so I decided to just stop T3.

I add 100mcg of T4 now to my daily pre bed routine and feel great, better than before with T3. I somehow couldn't find the right dose with T3. I feel like it's kinda difficult to find a good dose to be at with this medication.

First of all this can vary from person to person. I know that some friends take 25mcg and that's pretty much it and they feel great.

I myself took 25mcg for 6 weeks and bloods came back showing my free T3 being in the lower range. I felt terrible as well. I then tried 37.5mcg and bloods came back being in the upper mid range. I didn’t feel that good either, but not as bad as before, it was okay-ish. I tried 50mcg for another 4 weeks and bloods came back with free T3 being slightly out of the upper range. Well, I felt okay but not great so I decided to just stop T3.

I add 100mcg of T4 now to my daily pre bed routine and feel great, better than before with T3. I somehow couldn't find the right dose with T3. I feel like it's kinda difficult to find a good dose to be at with this medication.
How long after taking the t3 did you get your blood drawn?

How is your TSH and FT3 on 100 mcg T4 ?

75mcg puts me in range but very close to hyperthyroid. 50mcg has me in range as well but bordering on hypothyroid. 37.5mcg, out of range hypothyroid.

If you intend to use T3 frequently or stay on long term, I highly suggest you get some bloodwork to find a dose that works best for you.

Edit - Updated the 25mcg to 37.5mcg based off notes.