• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Keep blasting or back off a while before cut cycle

jayb

Have been on trt for over a year for the last 12 weeks I have been doing a blast while bulking. Started out at 300mg ew but last 4 I bumped to 500mg.
Starting my cut now and going to start a cycle of 400mg npp and switch to 400mg of test p soon.
My question is should I drop back down to my trt levels for 4-6 weeks then bump back up of just keep my test up and start the npp in 4 weeks?

Lay it out for us friend. This post is somewhat confusing.
What is your trt?
And the blast I assume was bumping up your dose of test to 500mg.
As far as the cut, it seems to me that you will do a npp for 4 weeks solo with out test? And then switch to test prop?

Yes BP is right what is your TRT protocol. You need time off...I am on TRT but it is still time on blast time off blast.

Sorry for the confusion
Trt dose is 125ew
Used 300 for 8 weeks, then 500 for 4 weeks

Cut cycle will be 12 weeks npp& test P

Starting a cut diet right now, would like to start cycle asap as to take advantage of summertime activities. I know its a late start but I live in the south and summer lasts till october here. So I was looking to see if it would be alright to just keep my levels up and throw in the npp in 4-6 weeks or if its a must to take some time off and go back to trt levels.
Thanks for any help

I can see no reason why not myself. That is what I would do, but I have been wrong in the past, but what you suggest seems reasonable to me. Some other well respected bros will sound of soon. Don't take my word for it.

Here is what I would do at least take 6-8 weeks with TRT dose maybe bump it a bit. Where are your Test levels at 125 ew. Get going on your cut diet during this time off it won't be fun but when you are done. You start the the NPP and Test P you will not have to drop cals just run a very clean diet at maintenance calories. It will end up closer to a lean bulk then a cut. No reason to use gear if you are not looking to add muscle right. Well at least that is how I look at it.

Now IMO your androgen receptors are well saturated you need some time for them to somewhat normalize. You can also cut on 200mg EW Test while dropping calories. Next year you will need to work on your timing a bit.

First things first go get some blood work. Post it and lets see how you are looking.

JayB refresh my memory self prescribed TRT or Doc.

If self subscribed are you competing?

I am trying to remember why you are on TRT the first place. I just want to have my facts right so I can help.

Was dr prescribed trt, levels where 268. Doc would only do shots every other week so I decided to start doing my own. At 125 a week I am at around 800-900. My levels where around 1600 when I checked them mid blast(@300mg ew)
Hadnt thought about receptors, thats a great point volt

Here is what I would do at least take 6-8 weeks with TRT dose maybe bump it a bit. Where are your Test levels at 125 ew. Get going on your cut diet during this time off it won't be fun but when you are done. You start the the NPP and Test P you will not have to drop cals just run a very clean diet at maintenance calories. It will end up closer to a lean bulk then a cut. No reason to use gear if you are not looking to add muscle right. Well at least that is how I look at it.

Now IMO your androgen receptors are well saturated you need some time for them to somewhat normalize. You can also cut on 200mg EW Test while dropping calories. Next year you will need to work on your timing a bit.

First things first go get some blood work. Post it and lets see how you are looking.

JayB refresh my memory self prescribed TRT or Doc.

If self subscribed are you competing?

I am trying to remember why you are on TRT the first place. I just want to have my facts right so I can help.

Great answer!!! ^^

You're cutting jayb and as volt said not looking to gain muscle.. Your TRT dose should be very muscle sparing as you cut cals..

It would be a waste of gear IMO (again as volt stated).. You don't just need time off from high doses of AAS for health reasons but also for them to be effective!! Receptors need to refresh!!