List of Blood Tests To Do Before Doing a Cycle IMO

Seabeast

Hello,

Here is a list of tests I think one should do before doing a cycle or just in general to keep an eye on their endocrine and overall health. I’m not sure if I’ve missed some. But here they are. Hope it helps:

BLOOD WORK

1. CMP (Comprehensive Metabolic Panel) aka SMA-20

a. Liver Function

b. Kidney Function

i. BUN (blood urea nitrogen)

ii. Creatinine

d. Electrolytes

e. Blood Proteins

f. Lipid profile

g. PSA (prostate specific antigen)

2. CBC (Complete Blood Count)

a. RBC (red blood cells)

b. WBC (white blood cells)

3. TFT (thyroid function test)

a. TSH

4. Testosterone

5. Cortisol

6. Homocysteine

7. Vitamin D3

8. Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B-12)

9. C-Reactive Protein (CRP): measures inflammation

10. Hemoglobin A1c (measure average blood sugars over a 3 month period)

11. Progesterone

12. Prolactin

13. E2

Estrogen doesn't really matter much once you have your shit dialed in. Testosterone doesn't matter much either, especially when your cycles are focused on other compounds like 19-nors. I don't care what my testosterone is, and I already know I generally respond 4x to it. Last cycle my e2 was low on bloodwork, but not in sides, so I upped my test on the next one and lowered the compounds that lowered E2. And I've cruised enough to know I feel fine on a fairly low dose below what TRT usually go for.

CRP if you take DHB, but this goes back down after cycle so...

Lipids is probably the most important. But honestly you should know 'hey, my body is probably fucked at this point, I should take a break'. I don't think I've ever done a bloodwork and been like "Welp I should continue blasting"

Prolactin if you're messing with 19-nors but again shouldn't be an issue if you know your cycles and e2 levels. I've never had this out of range with zero prolactin management.

Iron and ferritin are important, but I mean just take iron supplements if you cycle. I stopped donating blood though because these started to get low, it's been years since I've donated now.

That's really it imo. At this point I usually just do bloodworks before cycles to make sure I'm good to go.

That said it took me a while to get here, I've done enough bloodworks to know where my e2 and test go with certain doses, that prolactin isn't an issue for me like it can be for many, that oh yeah my iron and ferritin are always kinda low so keep sipping that beet drank, and to take 6x servings of psyllium husk and my citrus bergamot for my lipids, to take tudca/NAC on 19-nors, and don't fuck with orals.

Last edited:
Thank you so much. That is really great information. Should I dial back my test and AI?

Attachments

• IMG_9825_Original.jpeg
    IMG_9825_Original.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 12
Thank you so much, Yes that’s me, I’m taking very high test though. Don’t know if it is too much. Not feeling any bad symptoms at all

Keep running it then if it's getting you results. Test is fairly safe as far as compounds go.

Either keep running it because it works for you and there's no need to turn to the more... darker, compounds. Or, fuck it, see where they take you. Or reduce the dosage and see how effective you can be on far less. Up to you.

I've had great gains on cycling some harsh stuff, I've also done really well cruising on 100mg of test a week working out harder than I did on any cycle, which was enjoyable for me too.

Not sure what your AI management is but personally I'd rather use primo or DHB to manage my e2 than asin/adex, that could be of interest to you.

I’m on .5 mg adex EOD but using masteron too. Yes this is helpful info though thanks. Should I drop the Arimidex and mast and do some primo?

Great list @Seabeast and @ashenlmao I agree with both. I would add (if possible) to do a urine test beforehand too, too see if the kidneys are fine. And also check the blood pressure and make a EKG if possible for your heart function. Then repeat all these a few months after cycle + PCT to see if everything has normalized again.

Great list @Seabeast and @ashenlmao I agree with both. I would add (if possible) to do a urine test beforehand too, too see if the kidneys are fine. And also check the blood pressure and make a EKG if possible for your heart function. Then repeat all these a few months after cycle + PCT to see if everything has normalized again.
Thanks for adding this very important info