Liv 52 as a liver protectant + thyroid regulation?

Intrepid

Seen liv52 mentioned as useless in some threads but there's quite a few controlled studies that have been done on it that show promising results. The last study I linked even shows it could help stabilize t3 levels if low, but this was done on rats so I'm not sure how well it would translate over

"The results demonstrated that the patients treated with Liv-52 for 6 months had significantly better child-pugh score, decreased ascites, decreased serum ALT and AST. In placebo administered patients all the clinical parameters recorded at beginning of the study were not significantly different than after 6 months. We conclude that Liv-52 possess hepatoprotective effect in cirrhotic patients. This protective effect of Liv-52 can be attributed to the diuretic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative, and immunomodulating properties of the component herbs."

Liv.52 showed statistically significant improvement (P<0.0001) in various clinical signs and symptoms in the majority of patients namely, fatigue: 357/723 (49%), anorexia: 485/620 (78.2%), jaundice: 48/52 (92%). Majority of the patients showed significant improvements from baseline to end of 12 weeks in the liver function test parameters namely, aspartate aminotransferase: 633/840 (75.36%), alanine aminotransferase: 592/729 (81.21%), serum bilirubin: 244/347 (70.32%), alkaline phosphatase: 279/355 (78.59%) with P<0.0001 for all parameters. Statistically significant improvement (P<0.005) was also seen in all the components of the chronic liver disease questionnaire (CLDQ) scores from baseline to 12 weeks.

Conclusions

"The study demonstrated that Liv.52 was hepatoprotective and well tolerated in the study population after treatment for 12 weeks. Significant improvements were seen in clinical signs and symptoms, laboratory parameters of liver function, and CLDQ scores from baseline to 12 weeks. No significant or new safety signals emerged from this study."

"CCl4 alone caused severe liver damage, but when Liv-52 was simultaneously given, there was much less effect on the structure of the organ. Circulating T3 and T4 concentrations were also determined after 6 weeks of simultaneous treatment with Liv-52 and CCl4. Concentrations of T3 were significantly lowered after CCl4 treatment alone, but Liv-52 administration together with CCl4 resulted in maintenance of the T3 activity within normal limits, thus suggesting indirect beneficial effects of Liv-52 on the regulation of thyroid hormone concentrations."

My AST has been a little high this summer. I’ve been taking some LIV52 and LIV52 HB here and there as I await my bloods on Friday. I’ll share my results with you this weekend hopefully!

I can't remember who posted the information but I believe they are under a class action lawsuit for liver or kidney function issues. @Ghoul maybe?
Not sure on the lawsuit I just remember years ago it was regarded as highly effective and now people are saying it's useless but the literature and actual studies on it do show significant liver improvements

Think ill just keep using it for a while

Back