Mareck diagnostic is a scam

I recently purchased bloodwork to get E2 checked through marek health diagnostic which is an online lab where you can order and buy different bloodwork panels. After a purchase it tells you to locate any Labcorp and show the requisition you got emailed.

So I went to Labcorp set an appt. They ask me where this lab is located when they saw the address. I said I’m not sure it was online. The lady informed me that a lot of these places charge so cheap is bc they don’t pay Labcorp and that Labcorp usually ends up eating the difference in the long run. She tried to put requisition through billing and it was denied. So I’m pretty pissed off right now

I’ve never experienced this before. And I’ve used marek exclusively for past 1.5 years, around 12-15 different orders

She said that marek didn’t pay labcorp? I would contact marek maybe it could have been a mistake on their end or some sort of delay?

no bro, marek is gtg. you just have an issue you need to work through with them. it's our healthcare system in general that's a scam.

if you think marek is a scam go ask your gatekeeping pcp how much schooling they had on endocrinology and how long ago was that

I called marek and he said they’ve been having problems due to a new state legislation. So he said he would issue a refund on my order. So hopefully it will be settled. The way the lady made it seem at Labcorp was that a lot of these online diagnostics place weren’t paying. But it might be more political. So I dunno, I was a little bummed out I ended up paying Labcorp $70 for an e2 test instead of $10.

Also how is it cheaper it 5x cheaper to go through a 3rd party place such as marek. When directly from Labcorp a test is $69 as opposed to mareks price which is $10

That’s kind of like if Home Depot price for a price of lumbar is $70 that’s what they charge. But you can go through a 3rd party who says we’ll give you the same price of lumbar from Home Depot for $10. Pay us we’ll give you a form and we will deal with the rest

I’m not understanding how that even works

Some states have some hoops to jump through. I never had any issues where I live I use ulta labs and do bloodwork at quest

That’s kind of like if Home Depot price for a price of lumbar is $70 that’s what they charge. But you can go through a 3rd party who says we’ll give you the same price of lumbar from Home Depot for $10. Pay us we’ll give you a form and we will deal with the rest

I’m not understanding how that even works
ah yes the complexities of wholesale vs retail