• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Masculinity

Recently lost a job because of something a female said that wasn't true. Boss said he didn't believe her but had to let me go because he felt she would get police involved if I wasn't gone. He saved his business reputation and I lost a source of income because of a lie a female decided to say about me

This me2 bullshit is out of hand, in my situation that female has all the power. It's going to get to a point where men are afraid to work with women for fear of false allegations, this me2 crap is splitting apart gender! WERE ALL FUCKING HUMANS TRYING TO SURVIVE

The things that are whatever “toxic masculinity” is seen as are inherently NOT masculine. Rape; men respect women. Bullying; men stand up for the little guys.

And beyond that, tell me what is toxic about providing for a family, protecting others, serving your country and your community in drastically higher numbers?

This is all from this bullshit agenda based on division and outrage.

I know for a fact some of my traits aren’t good, they are also not the ones I celebrate. This shit has to stop.

Easy times make people soft. Soft people make hard times. And then, all of a sudden, this masculinity you hated is required to survive.

The things that are whatever “toxic masculinity” is seen as are inherently NOT masculine. Rape; men respect women. Bullying; men stand up for the little guys.

And beyond that, tell me what is toxic about providing for a family, protecting others, serving your country and your community in drastically higher numbers?

This is all from this bullshit agenda based on division and outrage.

I know for a fact some of my traits aren’t good, they are also not the ones I celebrate. This shit has to stop.

Easy times make people soft. Soft people make hard times. And then, all of a sudden, this masculinity you hated is required to survive.
Can you imagine if a company put out an add talking about 'toxic feminity'?! Purple would lose there fucking minds. That add is fucked up I'm so many ways, saying that only some men do the right thing is fucking insulting.

Recently lost a job because of something a female said that wasn't true. Boss said he didn't believe her but had to let me go because he felt she would get police involved if I wasn't gone. He saved his business reputation and I lost a source of income because of a lie a female decided to say about me

This me2 bullshit is out of hand, in my situation that female has all the power. It's going to get to a point where men are afraid to work with women for fear of false allegations, this me2 crap is splitting apart gender! WERE ALL FUCKING HUMANS TRYING TO SURVIVE
You should have a very strong case so why not speak to a lawyer about it? Police might do some investigating and end up determining the female lied in the end.

You should have a very strong case so why not speak to a lawyer about it? Police might do some investigating and end up determining the female lied in the end.
Probbaly because it’s an uphill battle to start, nevermind that is wasn’t a crime, just a job at stake.

Probbaly because it’s an uphill battle to start, nevermind that is wasn’t a crime, just a job at stake.
Exactly what Mac said. Waste of time, I do have a strong case for it but even getting a lawyer involved and what not just would cause money and headache. I'll just never work with a female again

can't stand this bullshit. Toxic masculinity. Go fuck yourselves. I'm bald and shave my head every motherfuckin day. Id rather use a butter knife then a Gillette razor. (I use Schick Hydro 5 anyway but u get the point). Way to alienate the people that actually do use your product to cater to a bunch of pussy ass millennial hipsters that don't shave anyway. Think I'll go pin a huge shot of test now so i can get more toxic.

All toxic until they need some masculinity to, you know, win WWII, save them from fires, stop a mass shooting or die trying, carry women and children to safety from natural disasters, etc.

Eh I mean personally I see nothing wrong with not sexually harassing women, equality etc but the third wave feminists seem to want men to have no rights. I guess the assumption that I do nasty shat cause I’m a dude is annoying. The commercial I thought was dumb was the Gillette commercial where they had those wimpy spineless dudes saying that they were gonna change what it means to be a man. Thought it was meant as a motivational thing to pushovers cause I didn’t even know Gillette had some other agenda till I heard others talking as I don’t pay attention to propaganda. All I know the Gillette Venus 5 has worked well for me, if it’s that bad I might try the Shick version. I also proudly identified as masculine on my college file cause it asked what I identified as lol

100% agree, even my wife says this is going to far. I tread so carefully around the women I work with. I had a woman working for me I transferred to another site temporarily. She was tough to deal with (long story). Anyways the other group I transferred her to didn’t want her and sent her back to me. I was working late, and alone. She shows up in my office and announces she will be back working on my site the next day. I said no I don’t really need you here, talk to home office. She lost it and started balling her eyes out and stormed out of the office to the smoke put next to the office and started calling someone. I had been told some history on her and knew I had better get out of there. And did just that as quick as I could. It worked out well for me that day and nothing came out of it other than her losing her job as there was nothing left for her. I did get a pretty nasty email from her afterwards though.

Eh I mean personally I see nothing wrong with not sexually harassing women, equality etc but the third wave feminists seem to want men to have no rights. I guess the assumption that I do nasty shat cause I’m a dude is annoying. The commercial I thought was dumb was the Gillette commercial where they had those wimpy spineless dudes saying that they were gonna change what it means to be a man. Thought it was meant as a motivational thing to pushovers cause I didn’t even know Gillette had some other agenda till I heard others talking as I don’t pay attention to propaganda. All I know the Gillette Venus 5 has worked well for me, if it’s that bad I might try the Shick version. I also proudly identified as masculine on my college file cause it asked what I identified as lol

I do think some of these women are crazy, I mean some ugly no game nice guy saying hi doesn’t equal sexual assault, or waking up the next day regretting you decided to have sex with a loser doesn’t equal rape. That would be an insult to those actually assaulted.

There’s an attack on real men is this country. Destroy true masculinity and it’s over for this country. Gillette may have shot their self in the foot. The men the commercial appeals to can’t grow facial hair[emoji23]

Excellent Egard video Mac. My friend recently bought the Egard V1-Gent, it's a nice timepiece, engraved by hand even. I'll probably grab one of their timepieces as well just to support a company I admire. Thanks for posting this!

this is why sone employers are not going to hire women anymore. they’re too much of a risk. nothing but lawsuits and headaches.

There isn’t. But the message isn’t “don’t rape.” Its men need to do better and hold each other accountable because we’re all dangerous macho rapist aggressors.

Most things associated with “toxic” masculinity are bad. But they aren’t masculine to begin with. The idea that we need less masculinity is horseshit. If that were true, kids without fathers in the household would fair better than those with. And behold, far more often they become criminals and drug users.

There’s a cry for “equality” but only on one side. Where are the calls for more women to perform manual labor? Where’s the call for women to close the “wage gap” but actually working important jobs? Where are people shouting “equality” when a woman makes a false rape claim, proven false, and no jail time given for the false allegation?

There isn’t. But the message isn’t “don’t rape.” Its men need to do better and hold each other accountable because we’re all dangerous macho rapist aggressors.

Most things associated with “toxic” masculinity are bad. But they aren’t masculine to begin with. The idea that we need less masculinity is horseshit. If that were true, kids without fathers in the household would fair better than those with. And behold, far more often they become criminals and drug users.

There’s a cry for “equality” but only on one side. Where are the calls for more women to perform manual labor? Where’s the call for women to close the “wage gap” but actually working important jobs? Where are people shouting “equality” when a woman makes a false rape claim, proven false, and no jail time given for the false allegation?

There’s parts I can agree to and disagree as well. For instance i can agree to standing against predators, but I do not agree with the implication that the majority of men are brutish rapist bullies. And no a real man does not rape or bully, only the weak do that crap. After volunteering at a women’s shelter I I can sympathize somewhat with what some women go thru, a lot of them are there because their bf/husband beat them and sometimes the kids too, f’d shit. But as I said that isn’t a true masculine man

How are women supposed to work these “important” jobs if there’s a mind set of women can’t or aren’t worthy for those jobs.

Anyway I didn’t like the implication that I’m a nasty predator because I’m masculine.