Melting Point Testing

Accuracy is terrible with those thermometers. There's a reason why they're so cheap. There are thermometers that are accurate within 0.01 degrees and cost 100+
What about one of those laser digital thermometers?

My Brother used one for this same Prop..
I can't remember what the temp was but it was within reason..

M

Don't quote me on the laser thermometer, but I'd be worried about it reading whatever is holding the test. Is it able to accurately measure boiling water?

@MANWHORE I guess this is a little off topic, but was it you that wrote about a method of dissolving raws somehow to get 90% purity? I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Im just doing research for homebrew, and wondered where I saw that. I know I saw it somewhere on here, but I can't find it. I was sure it was you, but I could be wrong. I can't seem to find the right combination of wording to pull it up in the search function either. Thanks

@Nick9 not sure if this is what you are looking for or not. It's in the steroid underground under the title
shady shady biz

Yes! That's it. Thank you Jeep, and my apologies to @MANWHORE for being on the wrong thread and assuming the wrong person. That ass in the pic makes my mind go stupid!

Found this on eBay. It doesn't come with a thermometer. Most of the ones I found were around $1200 or more.image.jpg

Don't buy that Indian garbage. Occasionally a melt temp made in the USA does come up. The machine in the video I just posted was listed at 75 bucks sans thermometer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electrothermal-MEL-TEMP-1001D-Melting-Point-Apparatus-NEW-/351305196220

I used this in college over a decade ago. An awesome machine

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electrothermal-MEL-TEMP-1001D-Melting-Point-Apparatus-NEW-/351305196220

I used this in college over a decade ago. An awesome machine
Thanks again brother. You have been more the helpful. I think a lot of people can benefit from this.

@tanuki and @MANWHORE where do you feel we're at with this? Labmax doesn't tell us the purity. Some feel that melt test doesn't either. The thing about the melt test is how hard is it to find cheap agents that have the exact same property's as the raw hormones being sold? Isn't it pretty cheap for the Chinese to produce hormones?

Melting points can't tell you 100% that the product you have is what was labeled by the seller. It can give you an idea of the purity as was stated in that video. At the end of the day you gotta roll the dice.

Considering a kilo of test esterized tests sold to UGLs cost roughly $900-950 delivered and isn't illegal in China you make your own conclusions. BTW fuck all those people charging 1100 to 1200 for a kilo because they're resellers out to rip you off.

God I love smart people! A plethora of information is just a conversation online to you guys. I couldn't understand half this thread, but after mis posting here, I started getting alerts so I had to read from the beginning. This is some excellent information! A guy like me has to read it a couple times, but I'll get it.. Dammit!

Just wanted to revisit this topic. I was reading from one of the suppliers about doing a melting point test on raws. If it melts at X degrees then it's pure. That's bullshit. It's got to melt at a sharp range. Back in O-chem lab between 3-5 degrees to start and completely melt meant a very high purity product.

Here's a video:

Just wanted to revisit this topic. I was reading from one of the suppliers about doing a melting point test on raws. If it melts at X degrees then it's pure. That's bullshit. It's got to melt at a sharp range. Back in O-chem lab between 3-5 degrees to start and completely melt meant a very high purity product.

Here's a video:

to add to that, if a supplier or source wants to do an accurate melting point test, a good melting point apparatus cost a minimum of 1,000. these melting point test done with ovens, IR-thermometers, etc are not accurate enough

Brand new. I actually got the same mel-temp machine I used in college from ebay for 100 bucks without a digital thermometer, but all together 150 bucks. These are few and far between. The Indian ones with a mercury thermometer aren't precise enough for my tastes.

OK I already told you.. let me say it here..

I got the turkey thermometer to 220-225 steady,
then I raised the digital oven temp 10 degrees
and saw it melted at 245-250 but I lost it between that..

The first time I did it, I lost it to
but I was just getting it set up.. It melted very fast

I have alot..
I am going to try again, but I really need
a... something like a raporizer that heats to a steady temp
so I can watch it melt

M
Try calibrating the cheap thermometer, get a glass of water with ice put it in, should read 30-35 degrees, I'm a chef Know, we all use cheap thermometer for steaks