MEMBER RETURNING … >20years Later

… so the internet for all intents and purposes started in 1998/99 when I was a highly masturbatory, gym-going teenager, rubbing genies out to lesbot jpegs. It was about a year later, in 2000 I reckon, that I stumbled onto a forum which I believe was published on a URL www.mesomorph.com and/or www.mesomorphosis.com, each a clever play-on-words which I appreciated even back then. I’m quite sure that forum was the predecessor to the present forum, meso-rx, and I seem to remember the “old” forum relaunching under the “new” (current) name at around that time. Not sure how “thinksteroids” fits into the picture but I think they’re all related.

I could be completely mistaken and I apologise if so!

To quickly summarise - I was very close to prematurely taking steroids as a late teenager/early twenties fellow. The extraordinarily generous and selfless folks operating that early-internet forum did SO MUCH for me and many others. I’m so grateful. To this day. I trained naturally and became a very fit, aesthetically pleasing young bloke for my twenties. I stayed away from all PEDs, save for MT2 (which I used for about 12 months) for the following 22 years and lost interest in researching the various compounds.

Fast forward 20-odd years and I learned that my long-term use of SSRIs/SNRIs had left my natural test levels in the toilet. It was quite devastating, I must say. I’d been doing SO MUCH exercise - trying to recompose myself after years away from training raising my small family - and getting absolutely nowhere. Certainly one of the disadvantages of being extremely fit/strong is knowing … how sloppy you have become.

Well, it was an awareness that washed over me like a religious benediction. I’m now 6 months into my new life as a triumphant PED user and I won’t be going back.

I’m 42. Married. 3 kids. I have learned a lot about life so far and I hope to share advice but also listen. I don’t have any strong views about religion/politics or anything controversial but I try always to be a “good bloke”. That ethos will guide me here.

I’m especially keen to learn how to brew my own PEDs. I cannot fkn believe the generosity of the folks on here sharing recipes etc. blows my mind. Legends.

My first aims are brewing injectable MIC, carnitine and glutathione. Then, the sky is the limit!

Thank you all, sincerely, for having me back.

Thank you for sharing this. It brings back a lot of nostalgic memories of my own. I think we were very fortunate to be a part of the relatively small bb community that inhabited the Internet in its early days. Saying it was magical may be overstating it but it really was a cool period!

Thank you for sharing this. It brings back a lot of nostalgic memories of my own. I think we were very fortunate to be a part of the relatively small bb community that inhabited the Internet in its early days. Saying it was magical may be overstating it but it really was a cool period!
It really was a cool time. Lots of good people. People didn't live on Facebook and there was no instagram or tik tok so people came to message boards like this to share knowledge.

It was really the only way we had to discuss and share anecdotal experiences with aas and training. There were a few decent books to be had but not a lot.

Welcome back! I'm glad your masturbation slowed down :oops:

Don't wanna get callouses...

I was unaware of the history there, I enjoyed reading your post and seeing Millard's comment. Meso is an awesome place I wish I had joined sooner! I was hanging around /r/steroids for a few years before finding meso an it was alright, but obviously doesn't hold a candle to Meso!

Legends - all of you!!! Thank you very bloody much! It feels like coming home a bit. But fark - the extent of the resources and knowledge now is insane. So bloody much reading to catch up on.

Gents I omitted to share my current protocol:

- test e 500mg p/w, pinned Mon and Thurs;
- daily injections of at least 600mg carnitine
- either 2 or 4 IU of GH p/d, depending on whether I’m pumping iron
- pre workout sublingual anavar of 50mg
- 40mg telmisartan
- 60mg Duloxetine (down from 180mg)
- preworkout with yohimbine, DMHA
- 25mg of Semaglutide p/w

I’m trying to lose fat without losing muscle. I’m turning the ship around. 1 hour cardio p/d, weights 3 times per week. My sessions are pretty full on.

Sending love to all you people all around the world from Melbourne, Australia!

Legends - all of you!!! Thank you very bloody much! It feels like coming home a bit. But fark - the extent of the resources and knowledge now is insane. So bloody much reading to catch up on.

Gents I omitted to share my current protocol:

- test e 500mg p/w, pinned Mon and Thurs;
- daily injections of at least 600mg carnitine
- either 2 or 4 IU of GH p/d, depending on whether I’m pumping iron
- pre workout sublingual anavar of 50mg
- 40mg telmisartan
- 60mg Duloxetine (down from 180mg)
- preworkout with yohimbine, DMHA
- 25mg of Semaglutide p/w

I’m trying to lose fat without losing muscle. I’m turning the ship around. 1 hour cardio p/d, weights 3 times per week. My sessions are pretty full on.

Sending love to all you people all around the world from Melbourne, Australia!
Congrats on the massive duloxetine taper! That is huge. Are you planning to go off entirely or just stay at a lower dose?

How do you feel about the yohimbine? Do you get any side effects from it? It is an antagonist of a plethora of serotonin subreceptors as well as adrenergic and dopamine receptors. I have always been hesitant to try it, personally. Just a note the binding affinity is much lower than duloxetine and they only share one subreceptor so yohimbine wouldn't interfere with your duloxetine (but for others be aware it could potentially interfere with other antidepressants).

I also hadn't personally heard of dimethylhexylamine before, surprisingly, but I am not a huge pre-workout guy. What are your dosages of each?

Do you take any days off cardio or do any "lite" days where instead of doing an hour of cardio you go for a walk or something? I always feel like too much intensive cardio on a daily basis gives me a little fatigue and makes it hard to keep things moving. I tend to limit my running/elliptical cardio to 40 minutes max, although I will mountain bike for hours and I simply can't ride a bike slowly lol I'm always going HAM, powering up hills in high gear feeling that leg burn (I love the leg day/cardio combo of mountain biking ;)). But other than cardio I go on fairly leisurely hikes (I have an old dog with hip issues so we have to walk slow).
Certainly one of the disadvantages of being extremely fit/strong is knowing … how sloppy you have become.
I am feeling the same way after some serious health issues over the last year. I tried to power through and keep training but it was exacerbating things so after my surgery last year I basically stopped lifting altogether. I'm just now getting back into it. I didn't gain any fat (actually lost a bit) but I lost a ton of muscle as I was in severe pain and it was causing me to be unable to eat.
I don’t have any strong views about religion/politics or anything controversial but I try always to be a “good bloke”. That ethos will guide me here.
Idk if this will help you or anyone but what I try to do in life is just be someone that I respect. This fosters a natural motivation to simply do better, in my experience. I reflect by looking outside in on myself and if today/this week/lately I respect myself and the decisions I made then I know I am doing good. I like this because it applies to all parts of life, from training to work to relationship to even how I react to stressful situations or deal with anxiety. If I lose my temper that's not something I respect. If I skip training or don't put in full effort during work then that's not something I respect. You get the point I am sure. Take this for what you will.

Congrats on the massive duloxetine taper! That is huge. Are you planning to go off entirely or just stay at a lower dose?

How do you feel about the yohimbine? Do you get any side effects from it? It is an antagonist of a plethora of serotonin subreceptors as well as adrenergic and dopamine receptors. I have always been hesitant to try it, personally. Just a note the binding affinity is much lower than duloxetine and they only share one subreceptor so yohimbine wouldn't interfere with your duloxetine (but for others be aware it could potentially interfere with other antidepressants).

I also hadn't personally heard of dimethylhexylamine before, surprisingly, but I am not a huge pre-workout guy. What are your dosages of each?

Do you take any days off cardio or do any "lite" days where instead of doing an hour of cardio you go for a walk or something? I always feel like too much intensive cardio on a daily basis gives me a little fatigue and makes it hard to keep things moving. I tend to limit my running/elliptical cardio to 40 minutes max, although I will mountain bike for hours and I simply can't ride a bike slowly lol I'm always going HAM, powering up hills in high gear feeling that leg burn (I love the leg day/cardio combo of mountain biking ;)). But other than cardio I go on fairly leisurely hikes (I have an old dog with hip issues so we have to walk slow).

I am feeling the same way after some serious health issues over the last year. I tried to power through and keep training but it was exacerbating things so after my surgery last year I basically stopped lifting altogether. I'm just now getting back into it. I didn't gain any fat (actually lost a bit) but I lost a ton of muscle as I was in severe pain and it was causing me to be unable to eat.

Idk if this will help you or anyone but what I try to do in life is just be someone that I respect. This fosters a natural motivation to simply do better, in my experience. I reflect by looking outside in on myself and if today/this week/lately I respect myself and the decisions I made then I know I am doing good. I like this because it applies to all parts of life, from training to work to relationship to even how I react to stressful situations or deal with anxiety. If I lose my temper that's not something I respect. If I skip training or don't put in full effort during work then that's not something I respect. You get the point I am sure. Take this for what you will.
Man I’m so chuffed reading your interest in me and especially the congratulations re: Duloxetine. It is a massive bloody achievement! I feel like I deserve a few pats on the back, actually!!!

I’m going to respond to this properly asap but wanted to pause to say thanks for pumping me up! It has literally made my day!!

I’ll be in touch

Man I’m so chuffed reading your interest in me and especially the congratulations re: Duloxetine. It is a massive bloody achievement! I feel like I deserve a few pats on the back, actually!!!

I’m going to respond to this properly asap but wanted to pause to say thanks for pumping me up! It has literally made my day!!

I’ll be in touch
Oh most definitely! I know because I did a venlafaxine rapid taper/quit about 8 years ago I think. I went through dozens of SSRIs, tricyclics, etc., before landing on venlafaxine. At one point a doctor had me on 300mgs per day of zoloft and 2mgs per day of xanax...I was 14 years old and had serotonin syndrome. Nobody told me how insanely horrible the acute and post-acute withdrawal symptoms were for venlafaxine. Brain zaps/seizure-y feelings, insane flares of anger/rage, suicide ideation. Shiiiit it was really bad. So I am unfortunately all too familiar with how difficult it is to get off that shit. Coincidentally I actually had some duloxetine in my med cabinet I finally just threw out last week lol

Have a couple dozen pats on the back from me my friend! I'll just say I am guessing you want to be off that stuff today, but don't rush it and make sure you're building a healthy lifestyle to support your mental health after you stop the duloxetine. I'm sure you know this already though ;)

At one point a doctor had me on 300mgs per day of zoloft and 2mgs per day of xanax...I was 14 years old and had serotonin syndrome.
Dude that doctor should be tarred and feathered, I'm so sorry to read anyone went through that at that age, and 2mg Xanax, WTF man, that has a high probability of being life ending over time for someone that age... I've been on a plethora of different ssri's, nsri's, stabilizers, anti-psychotics, etc over the years, and I know how bad serotonin syndrome can be. As far as anti-depressants go I personally have the absolute best results by far with bupropion, an ndri, over time. It's really helped stabilize my life and as an added benefit I've quit smoking finally too... Anyway yeah, that just struck a cord w/ me and I had to insert myself here...

Great job OP, always makes me happy hearing things like these successes man, keep going and remember that you can do any damn thing you set your mind to bro, anything worth having is worth breaking bones for!

Last edited: