(Move if wrong forum) At home IV infusions?

Curious to hear from people doing this. I have the educational background and experience to do it no problem, just more or less curious on the setup people are using. Butterfly catheters and gravity drip? Or are people out here using infusion pumps?

I'd love to be able to self admin banana bags, NAD+, Glutathione and more. Sub q/IM is great and all, but there's obvious benefits for a slow infusion of many different compounds.

Second, i've been through the medical ringer and have barely any access left on my arms. I've had plenty of IVs set into my shins the last couple years in the hospital. Is the risk of DVT too high to do this at home?

Thanks in advance.

Banana bags, are very expensive. Also getting a hold of IV quality and and glutathione is hard.

I don't see an issue with a dvt from hydration

Banana bags, are very expensive. Also getting a hold of IV quality and and glutathione is hard.

DVT can happen as a result of any sort of venipunture, especially on your legs. Only reason i bring it up.

I've got ready access to IV saline solution, electrolyte solution IV bags, and more. USP grade glutathione and NAD aren't hard to acquire at all. I already compound my own glutathione for Sub q injection and have a great source for USP grade material. The fact that I have essentially free access to these things makes it all the more tempting to run it myself.

I comprehend the steps one has to take and materials needed just fine, im just curious if more people have done it here, lol.

DVT can happen as a result of any sort of venipunture, especially on your legs. Only reason i bring it up.
I have never heard of such a thing.

So you are suggesting that starting an IV on your arm could create a blood clot on your leg?

I've got ready access to IV saline solution, electrolyte solution IV bags, and more. USP grade glutathione and NAD aren't hard to acquire at all. I already compound my own glutathione for Sub q injection and have a great source for USP grade material.

I comprehend the steps one has to take and materials needed just fine, im just curious if more people have done it here, lol.
you cannot compound IV quality at home.

Either way, I do gravity IV bags 1L of Lactated ringers at home for myself occasionally. I would not inject anything into my veins that was made at home.

sure there are heroin users that do this. but granted your previous history of health complications I would advise not to.

Speaking of filters, I guess an IV attachment of a 22 micron filter would be a good last resort for infusion after mixing it.

especially since no BB/BA is needed.

I have never heard of such a thing.

So you are suggesting that starting an IV on your arm could create a blood clot on your leg?

you cannot compound IV quality at home.
1.) No, I'm suggesting starting a line in your leg can lead to a clot in your leg.

2.) I wouldn't do it at home, i would do it in the lab at school or work. I'd simply run it at home. Even then, i still have a flow hood and quite the setup in my spare room at home that i'd feel close to content using.

I wouldn't be compounding the electrolyte bag at that. I'd be self administering them with an added dose of the aforementioned infusions through a side line.

Again, my question is more of whats the best route (being type of catheter and gravity vs actual IV infusion pump) and whats been people's experiences, not "how to brew it."

What is the difference between IV quality glutathion, nad, etc vs the ones that you can get for injections at home?

Bumping this up. Curious if there is a good source of IV solution bags? Not looking to make them at home just something ready to go so I can do at home IV drip.
Screenshot_20240517_224029_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240517_224013_Chrome.jpg

Sponsors