My f*** cancer cycle.

I figured I'd give this a legitimate log. I'm returning to life again after being knocked down from colon cancer for 3.5 years.

Was always an athlete young, played baseball through my 4 allowable NCAA years. Was an ACE personal trainer going through college with a NASM sport nutrition cert. Ochem undergrad, pharmacology masters, addiction neurobiology PhD. Human optimization has always been my forte.

Went through a phase vending nootropics and other supplements, and compounding injectable sarms and aminos for a couple other vendors.

Personally, I've always kept my PED use on the lighter side.of things. I've experimented plenty, but as far as consistently, I've only played around with test, mast, primo, var, tbol, and epistane. Peptides like mots-c, bpc, tb-500, Epitalon etc.

I've experimented with single day to two week long runs of other things such as oral/injectable sarms, NPP, TNE, mk677 etc but I've never been one striving for unlimited size.

At my best I varied between 200-210 at 10-14% bf at 6'0, about 3 years at that level.

Current stats are about #175 and 17-20% range. I'll be able to gain back fast I'm sure though because of muscle memory. I'd like to spend my summer looking decent after 3.5 years of bs.

Training is upper strength/lower strength/upper hypertrophy/lower hypertrophy split with 90 minutes stage 2 cardio daily and 2 days of HIIT bodyweight/CrossFit style.

Aiming for 2800 kcal a day, 200g protein. Alternating high fat/low carb and visa versa intervals. Going for recomp which should easily be doable with previous growth and my schedule.

I plan to front load a touch of var at the start to jumpstart progress (20mg/day for 4 weeks) for a decent start, cruising test primo for 12 weeks, then adding var back in at 40mg/day the last 4 for 20 weeks total.

Weeks 1-4
300mg/wk test C (100 M/W/F)
100mg Primo E (50 M/Thurs)
20mg var daily.
5-16
450 test C (150 M/W/F)
100 primo (50 M/Thurs)
17-20
Same test/primo
40mg var daily.

Then dropping back down to my TRT dose of 120-140mg/wk.

Low dose Primo is pretty much strictly for slight estrogen control for raised test.

I also run a massive stack of other supplements, something Akin to Brian Johnson's blueprint protocol, I spend about 400 a month on non-body building related supplements, lol...

The ones relevant to this however is I will be running
GlyNAC ethyl ester (far better version of NAC)
250mg TUDCA
600mg injectable carnitine
Alpha lipoic acid
Astralagus extract
200mg sub q glutathione EOD

And I mean, I take another probably 50 things on top of that, but they're not really relevant to a cycle or organ protection.

I'll post starting picture tomorrow, currently I've just been back on TRT for about 60 days so it's not like there's been any huge change yet.

Planning on starting the run on Monday.

Yes, I understand the risks, but I'm also highly confident in myself to mitigate anything. I'll be getting full blood panels every 30 days.

My cancer was not hormonal at all l, and I feel alright still treading these waters because of it. My liver, lipids including particle sizes, prostate etc are I'm absolutely immaculate shape at this point. AST/alt both sub 20.

I also fully realize I could achieve what I'm looking for from TRT alone over a year or more. I've felt and looked like shit for nearly 3.5 years now, I'm willing to burn the candle to speed that process up a bit.

I figure one last run of youth naivety at 31 then I'll be done, haha...

Last edited:
Also, should note, those current stats are from coming back from 120# and about 12% body fat as early as last October. I was basically bone and organ weight, lol..

I got an appetite back after chemo and threw on bad weight fast, I've already been successfully recomping just getting back in the gym and the short run of maintenance level test I've been on so far. Got on an immune therapy trial that was nearly side effect free from october-february when I finally hit remission, and enjoyed that holiday food.

I've got 4 abs showing again which is something at least, lol..

Last edited:
Why run var for that long instead of upping the injectables? Not a criticism, just curious. Orals tend to hit health markers a lot harder than injectables.

Why run var for that long instead of upping the injectables? Not a criticism, just curious. Orals tend to hit health markers a lot harder than injectables.
I thought hard about running it, but I figured with my panels the way they are I'm in an alright spot. Both Hdl and ldl are well within range, and even the large/med/small particle sizes look great. Apo-b is fantastic, liver values look better than they did when I was 22. eGFR and creatinine are solid.

And because I'm inpatient, lol. I've looked and felt terrible for years now, I'd like to enjoy part of my summer with decent form again. 20mg the first 4 to help shed a bit of abdominal fat off, then 40mg the last 4 to finish off. I know from the past as long as I stay on top of hydration and run policosanol, astragalus, heavy fish oil (3g both epa/DHA a day) and just injectable glutathione, (not even NAC, ala, milk thistle, or tudca) alone keep my markers within range on anything sub 50mg/day of anavar.

I figured with 12 weeks between and the lower doses.it should run alright.

Honestly it's just because I want abs back during the summer or else I'd just run it all at 50mg/day on the tail end. Like I said; one last bout of youth idiocy. I'll admit that, lol.

As far as why not more injectables, I can't run heavy primo doses without losing all my hair immediately, and I aromatize larger doses of test pretty heavily. I also don't like using AIs if I have to. I'd rather keep everything on the lower side, as the static side effects of an oral are far easier for me to deal with than addressing hormonal imbalances from injectables on the fly.

Edit: I also eat a ridiculously clean whole food unprocessed diet. Pescatarian. Lipids are the biggest concern with var, and aside from a dip in HDL I'm almost sure I'll keep them close to in range. Policosanol works insanely well as well.

Last edited:
As far as why not more injectables, I can't run heavy primo doses without losing all my hair immediately, and I aromatize larger doses of test pretty heavily. I also don't like using AIs if I have to. I'd rather keep everything on the lower side, as the static side effects of an oral are far easier for me to deal with than addressing hormonal imbalances from injectables on the fly.
Oh, I misread. I thought you were taking var throughout the entire cycle! Nevermind my ramblings.

One thing I like to do is hit up one of the steroid plotting sites and figure out what level each injectable will be when fully saturated. Then I figure out the single dose amount needed to get within that range with 1 shot. Day 1 do a bigger pin of each then carry on as normal. That way the injectables are in full action immediately. Probably only want to do that with compounds you know how you react to though.

Cycle looks great! Following.

Edit: I also eat a ridiculously clean whole food unprocessed diet. Pescatarian. Lipids are the biggest concern with var, and aside from a dip in HDL I'm almost sure I'll keep them close to in range. Policosanol works insanely well as well.
Gotcha, mast might be an option. Some get worse hair loss from one or the other.

Also, I think running lower dose var like 20mg for 12 weeks, even 16 (which I have not done) is not a biggie. I love var. I find ubiquinol, lots of fish oil, olive and avocado oil, lots of fiber, and cardio keep my lipids decent on cycle with var. My cycles are in the light end like yours.

One hair safe thing to consider is adding GH. I'm not sure of your age but if you're 40's or older even 2 units daily can be a game changer.

Gotcha, mast might be an option. Some get worse hair loss from one or the other.

Also, I think running lower dose var like 20mg for 12 weeks, even 16 (which I have not done) is not a biggie. I love var. I find ubiquinol, lots of fish oil, olive and avocado oil, lots of fiber, and cardio keep my lipids decent on cycle with var. My cycles are in the light end like yours.

One hair safe thing to consider is adding GH. I'm not sure of your age but if you're 40's or older even 2 units daily can be a game changer.
GH is the one thing I'll definitely stay away from. I actually ended up getting diagnosed like 3 months after running mk677 at 20mg for 90 days sub q, and even if it was unrelated boosting IGF too high worries me tbh.

Mast shreds.my hair just as much, and if it going to happen I get better results out of primo for what I'm looking for. Finasteride ruins me mentally or I'd run that and bump it up.

I take every last one of the things you mentioned as well, ubiquinol is fantastic and I should have mentioned that. Currently use 200mg/day. I also make sure.to hit at least 45g of fiber a day, usually 55-60.

Alright, started the test/primo today. Day one is upper body strength.
45 minutes zone 2 cardio on a rowing machine
5x5 everything at 85% 1rm.

Already did 20 minutes of yoga and 10 minutes in the IR sauna.

Plan on spending 2.5-3ish hours in the gym tonight.

Either tonight or tomorrow I'll take the time to type out my full supplement stack I'm taking. It's obnoxiously long and will take at least a half hour of typing to get all the timing/situationals and dosages written down.

It's loosely based.off Brian Johnson's blueprint protocol with a lot of personal tweaks. Probably 50ish different supplements daily.

I'm in a really fortunate position currently with school and work where I have virtually nothing going on for two months. Aside from Dad duties, I can focus all my time/energy on proper nutrition, supplementation, sleep, and training for about 80 days uninterrupted. Taking that opportunity to get myself back into the best shape possible in that time.

if you can afford it, id try like 350 test, 350 primo, 3 units gh, tiny ass bit of insulin like 3 units at a time

if you can afford it, id try like 350 test, 350 primo, 3 units gh, tiny ass bit of insulin like 3 units at a time
As much as.i really want to, even my doctor has told me to avoid growth hormone and secretagogues like the plague because of the IGF spikes and potential tumor growth :(

Also, I meant to update the thread yesterday, but I will tonight after i bust out a couple hours of legs at the gym next to my hotel (on vacation currently)

i see i see, id still run the primo a tiny more. people report a certain minimum dosage where u start to get more bang for your buck. ive heard people say it doesnt really match their expectations till they start hitting the 300+ mg a week

I
i see i see, id still run the primo a tiny more. people report a certain minimum dosage where u start to get more bang for your buck. ive heard people say it doesnt really match their expectations till they start hitting the 300+ mg a week
I ended up bumping the test to 400 from the start, I'll probably end up taking the primo to 200/wk after the first month or so as well.

I wanted to be able to cut the PIP down on my Primo, so I'm running both test C and test E ATM. Doing 150mg/wk C (60 M, 30 W, 60 F) sub q sort of keeping with my normal TRT schedule, then I'm using 125 test E with 50mg Primo IM on Wednesdays/Saturdays.

I haven't dipped into the anavar yet, but I'm thinking I'm going to end up bookending the cycle when I get home. "30mg" (tested to 26.7mg/ml) daily for 4 weeks, drop it and raise Test to 500 and Primo to 200, then add it back in again at the end for the last 4 weeks.

Felling great at the moment, the DHT effects have definitely shown their head mentally the last couple days. I'm pretty sensitive to primo in general.

Also, I'm using it more as an anabolic AI than as a mass builder itself, relying on Test and eventually the anavar for the most part.

This is my first rest day since starting, back to upper body strength tomorrow!

Diet has been mostly on point, vacation makes it a bit off, but as long as I'm meeting my standard of 180g protein, 30g fiber and under 3.2k calories I'm okay. I'll go hard on keeping 100% dialed in on my macros when I get home.

Still sticking to my whole food, unprocessed, mostly raw pescatarian diet, just getting more carbs and bad fats a touch more than usual. I don't drink or smoke at all though, so that's not a factor on vacation.

I have a couple grams of some old ostarine laying around (from like 2017) that I might end up throwing in towards the end too if my lipids look fine at that point. Probably will compound it for injection and run 20mg/day the last 60. Ostarine has always been amazing for keeping my tendons/connective tissue on top shape during periods of fast growth.

Getting bloods when I come back on next Tuesday, then once a month July/August/September/October to monitor everything, then back to my quarterly bloods schedule.

Last edited:
I still need to take the time to detail my entire supplement stack here, I just keep putting it off because it'll take so long. I'll get to it the day I get home when I'm back.to a real keyboard and not my phone if I stay lazy and don't do it while on vacation.

So I'm a bit over week in at this point. Against my initial plans, I've only used anavar pre workout rather than daily, bumped the dose to 25mg.

Strength is already up. I was struggling to knock out 60 perfect form pushups in a row a week ago, I can breeze 75 ATM. I use opposing muscle group calisthenics to warm up, pushups for leg day, plus an every morning complete round (Pushups, situps, planks, leg lifts, wall sits, pullups, dips) at lower intensity just to start the day with a pump.

I'm loosely working with a coach, a good friend of mine through different hobbies who happens to be a pro competitor as well. Unpaid, hence loosely, but he's been beyond generous to personalize a routine for me based off the injuries I'm working with. He's definitely provided some great insight I wouldn't of had going in alone to this

He's got me on a different workout split that I'm only on my second day of, but it does make far more sense for growth. There's not really off days, just two days outside the gym where it's still cardio and pretty intensive bodyweight work.

My hardest issue right now is eating enough. I'm struggling to put down 3k calories because my stomach isn't used to the food.mass yet. It hurts, I've puked 4 out of the few days, then forcing macros back down just to be uncomfortable again. It definitely makes me consider the risk benefit analysis of either growth hormone or a mod grf/ipa stack to make it a bit easier.

Spiking igf just scares me after dealing with everything.

Last edited:
My hardest issue right now is eating enough. I'm struggling to put down 3k calories because my stomach isn't used to the food.mass yet. It hurts, I've puked 4 out of the few days, then forcing macros back down just to be uncomfortable again. It definitely makes me consider the risk benefit analysis of either growth hormone or a mod grf/ipa stack to make it a bit easier

Maybe use more liquid calories until your stomach slowly stretches out. Oils and nut butters etc.. I’d also cut anything fluff that ain’t calorie dense. Just wasted space.

Also what time do you start eating? The earlier you start.. the more time you have to eat and space it out.

I know you’ve got a unique situation, but puking at 3k calories is not good.. 3k should leave you very very hungry.

Also, growth ain’t gonna do shit for this.

Maybe use more liquid calories until your stomach slowly stretches out. Oils and nut butters etc.. I’d also cut anything fluff that ain’t calorie dense. Just wasted space.

Also what time do you start eating? The earlier you start.. the more time you have to eat and space it out.

I know you’ve got a unique situation, but puking at 3k calories is not good.. 3k should leave you very very hungry.

I have been hitting a lot more.protein shakes and smoothies than normal, it definitely helps. The days I've gotten sick have been when I've been in a bit more of a crunch in time eating and I tried to shove everything in across a 7 hour or so period for the most part.

My goal by the end of this is to hit 200 again, which should easily be achievable, even if I have to slowly titrate up calories. Plus I want to do it while shedding some of the fat I rebounded with when I threw 40 pounds back on fast in a couple month span once I could finally eat half normally again.

Legs sucked last night, lol. I decided to get cardio in by jogging to the gym, and had stupid bad shin/calf pumps by the time it was time to go home. Ended up booking an Uber after shuffling about 4 blocks back home, lol.

For a preworkout pump blend I'm using 3.5g Aakg, 4g Citrulline malate, 5g creatine, 1g Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, and a gram of trimethylglycine (Betaine).

Plus 100mg caffeine, 600mg IM l-carnitine, and 750mcg epinephrine (inhaler form)

I'm gonna add a gram of taurine in going forward, which I'm otherwise only taking 500mg in the am and 1g at night.

Not shedding any hair at all which I was kinda worried about, having gone through chemo a years ago I wondered how weakened the follicles would be. I've got finasteride on hand but glad I don't have to use it.

Also, I decided to try oral delta-8 THC with a large dose of CBD, CBC, and CBG to kill psychoactivity first thing in the morning and mid afternoon to improve hunger yesterday and today. Has worked great so far without making me feel stoned or lazy.

Kinda considering cutting the anavar after 2 weeks and bumping the test/primo to 400/200 to cruise through week 12, then add the var back in at 50mg for 4 weeks. If instead I opt for 500/300 I'm going to just save the var for next spring to do a short cut before summer.

My cycles are never set in stone. I'm constantly making adjustments on the fly, lol.

Last edited:
Welcome back and congratulations on beating the cancer.

hows the response to everything been so far after such a hiatus?

Hows the training changed with the new plan? hows the diet looking?